Primus Ortus

While I like the first shot, I feel the second shot isn't you best work for two reasons:

*The car is too close to the center.
*Lens Flare - I feel there is no need for a lens flare, due to the angle of the shot.

Thanks for the comments! TVR&Ferrari Fan - I completely agree with you...good catch on the lens flare as well. You're right, that it wouldn't have caught the camera with that angle.

Yes, the flare in the first shot is very welcomed. A nice overall shot indeed. Not so much on the second shot, I prefer the pre-flare photo, as I'm sure everyone else does (including yourself, I assume.)

You assume correctly lilmann... ;) Thanks for the critique my friend.

Alrighty, enough with lens flares and onto my childhood dream car. I had two posters on my wall as a young teen - one, a picture of Farrah Fawcett (yep, I'm old), and two, a blue Shelby with a white racing stripe. This one's kinda crazy. Not as crazy to drive as the Yellow Bird, but this one's got a temper nonetheless. I like her anyway. :) The last photo is an HDRI [-3, -1, 1, and 3 EV].

So much atmosphere on these photos! I love shooting HDR at Mt. Aso. It's just feels so natural when you bring it together. Good job Primus! 👍

Nice set Primus, I quite like all of them. Think number 1 is my fav, sweet Toning and sense of speed. But shot 3 is also great. Such a stunning car I'll probably do a shoot with it sometime soon. 👍

No matter how much I try to choose one picture as my favourite from the last set, I just can't. They're all on such a high level of quality, that I can't find words to describe how great they are!

Wow, thanks for the replies! I really wasn't expecting that at all. (Self esteem issues... :nervous: lol) Interesting little tidbit (to me) regarding the first picture is that I kept going back and forth on the shutter speed and focal point. I think I started out with 5 different versions of the same picture before I decided to settle on one to keep and edit. I also wish I had Lightroom back. I had a copy a while back and the darker pictures could definitely have been better.

Alrighty then - back to the lens flare! For those who don't like lens flares, concentrate really, really hard on a different part of the picture and think of kittens. I promise it will help. These are a couple of re-edits. The first pic is an attempt at a 70's picture vibe - a little cross processing, over illuminated, under saturated, piece of 70's goodness. For those of you lucky enough to know what it was like in the 70's, let me just tell you - it was (to use the vernacular of the 80's), awesome. The second picture is a mashup. I completely gutted the sky and started over with it. I isolated it, desaturated and recolored the whole mess, illuminated it, and layered it back in. A lot of work for such a mediocre pic. :crazy: But alas, I hope you like it anyway! :)

Here's hoping everyone has a great Friday!

Uh, stock photoshop lens flares. Ew >.< You need to get Knoll Light Factory lens flares plug-in. So much better believe me!

Aside from the ugly looking lens flares, I like the concepts! :) 👍

Both shots are pretty good. But I have to agree with BkS that lens flare is a bit of an eye sore. Detracts from the image a little to me.

I added a couple more re-edits to the photo set above...

You need to update gallery more often.:)
Amazing work as always :drool: 👍

Thanks Shao - you're right about updating... it's hard to find the time. I only got these in because I was sick of working and decided to take a quick break. That's why they aren't new pics, they're just re-edited. :ill:

OMg, these 2 pics are absolutely great as usual!

+1.

Thanks NBD!

I just went through most of your work and MY GOD those are awesome!

Thanks for the kind words Yoopay!

The Lexus shot is great but I absolutely love the Bentley shot! :drool: :)

Thanks Nathan - like you said on Flickr - I like the green sheen as well... :)

Good luck with that Bentley photo for this week's 2.0 photomode competition. 👍

Thanks Crooooooow, but there's no chance for me. Too many amazing photog/editors on this site to compete. :)

Back