Pro PP600 Eiger Time Trial

• Thread starter Mr P
  • 276 comments
Set the steering angle to 50 and you need less steering effort to make the hairpins ;)

Tried that at first, didn't work for me. It's not the turn angle, it's about how you need to muscle the car around those first 3 corners given the toe settings you need for second part of the track...

sorry mates, but i can´t delete any time. :scared:
there is a button to delete but it´s not working for the online time trail. :grumpy:

so i will give you my last setup from the clio. ;)

Fahrzeugsetup

Fahrzeug: Clio Tuned LP:600
Strecke: Eiger Time Trail 1.07,106
Schnelltuning
Leistung (PS) +/- -18
Gewicht (kg) % 114
Front Heck
Reifen RM RM
Aerodynamik 5

Leistungspunkte
Fahrwerk
Front Heck
Bodenfreiheit -5 -12
Federkraft 1 1
Stoßdämpfer 1 10
Spurwinkel -30 -30
Sturzwinkel 1,5 3
Bremsbalance 5 5

Max. Einlenkwinkel 50
Traktionskontrolle Aus
ABS 1
Getriebe
Max. Km/h Übersetzung
1. Gang 3230
2. Gang 1746
3. Gang 1399
4. Gang 1072
5. Gang 952
6. Gang 718
7. Gang
8. Gang
Gesamtübersetzung 4581

Vorne Hinten
Drehmomentverteilung

i think everyone can understand it. 💡

Oh man, this is BAD! Now I have absolutely no reason for not getting a good time unless the truth comes out that I am nowhere near the driver that you guys are. I suppose I could blame it on the fact I can't speak German. ;)

I too would like to admit this is a very taxing run. Last night I got so frustrated beccause on turn 2 I need to downshift to 1st (I use the wheel paddles for this) because of the way I had the gearing but over the course of those 2 turns I had thrown the wheel around SO much that I couldn't tell which paddle was which and sometimes upshifted instead of downshifting. All the while, watching spyrrari's ghost just disappear into the distance - I could swear the ghost image had a chuckling smiley face on the back of that car and that wasn't helping me too much either. :grumpy:

Let's see what happens tonight.

Oh man, this is BAD! Now I have absolutely no reason for not getting a good time unless the truth comes out that I am nowhere near the driver that you guys are. I suppose I could blame it on the fact I can't speak German. ;)

I too would like to admit this is a very taxing run. Last night I got so frustrated beccause on turn 2 I need to downshift to 1st (I use the wheel paddles for this) because of the way I had the gearing but over the course of those 2 turns I had thrown the wheel around SO much that I couldn't tell which paddle was which and sometimes upshifted instead of downshifting. All the while, watching spyrrari's ghost just disappear into the distance - I could swear the ghost image had a chuckling smiley face on the back of that car and that wasn't helping me too much either. :grumpy:

Let's see what happens tonight.

mate,i am allmost not steering at all,i let the backside step out a bit while turning in,than catch it quick,than step on the throttle with a bit of opposit lock....
too much steering will cost you loads of time beceause of the friction of the wheels,and this will result in a lesser quick exit of that corner...:sly:

more secrets i am not going to give you..:):)

ok,one more,yes you have to attack the corner,but be smooth with it,use the speed the car allready has instead of pushing the car thru the corner by just using your wheel:sly::sly::sly:

spyrrari.

Update:

GTP_Vaxen -Clio Renault (Tuned)/1219kg-278hp/R3/R3/600PP= 1'07.535

:) Ok, you have a date for this (not home atm)? I might give this a second go before the end.. 👍

Last edited:
SimcoeAce - Clio Renault (Tuned)/1230kg-282hp/R3/R3/600PP 1'08.457

Man that is some intense driving! I'm going to have to fiddle with the tuning a bit to lower my time - I seem to have hit the wall... :indiff:

DustDriver -Clio Renault (Tuned)/1219kg-282hp/R3/R3/600PP= 1'07.677
Again, only a couple of thousands of a second slower than CWR :banghead:

@CWR: Can you please go 0.5 seconds faster. I would want to get a faster time :P

@RudiRaser: Thanks for posting your setup. It really helps.

Rudi, I just noticed your rear toe settings... -0.3... gulp!

I assume it has a bit of oversteer on turn-in?

@Rudi: I'm currently trying Ron's setup on a different account and used your gearing because it's better.
My current fastest lap is 1'07.678

0.001 slower than my other time :dopey:

Last edited:
Played with both Rudi and Mr P's setting last night and got into the 1:09 range - anyone here who wants to see how different 2 setups can feel should try those 2 tunes out. I was just amazed at the differences.

The key for me now is consistency because I can ofter be 1s ahead in the first half and lose it or be 1s behind in the first half and make it up. So all I need to do is put that perfect first half together with that perfect second half and I'll be in the 1:07 range. I'll let you know if that ever happens. ;)

mate,i am allmost not steering at all,i let the backside step out a bit while turning in,than catch it quick,than step on the throttle with a bit of opposit lock....
too much steering will cost you loads of time beceause of the friction of the wheels,and this will result in a lesser quick exit of that corner...:sly:

more secrets i am not going to give you..:):)

ok,one more,yes you have to attack the corner,but be smooth with it,use the speed the car allready has instead of pushing the car thru the corner by just using your wheel:sly::sly::sly:

spyrrari.

This was the best advice I've gotten to date that helped me shave time off - last night I was just letting the car do its thing on the first 4 turns and simply controlling the throttle. Great advice here for those of you trying TOO hard with the wheel. And, using Madforce and Rudi's replays as well as actually paying attention to the driving line, I determined that my braking point was too late for turn 2.

update :)

Rudi Raser - Subaru WRX STi RA ´05 - 1181kg - 299HP - R2/R1 - 600pp = 1'07.040

now i can see a ´06,8xx

This was the best advice I've gotten to date that helped me shave time off - last night I was just letting the car do its thing on the first 4 turns and simply controlling the throttle. Great advice here for those of you trying TOO hard with the wheel. And, using Madforce and Rudi's replays as well as actually paying attention to the driving line, I determined that my braking point was too late for turn 2.

your welcome man,good to hear that you are improving,thats why i wrote down the advice...:):)👍👍

spyrrari.

Finally beat CWR his time.

DustDriver -Clio Renault (Tuned)/1230kg-282hp/R3/R3/600PP= 1'07.645

Yesterday, I chased Rudi's car for about three hours & still couldn't get my time any lower than 1'08.457. :crazy:

It's simply amazing to me, that in so many runs, I could not manage, even by accident, the combination of inputs to get down into the 1.07 range. I guess that it's truly a testament to the sophistication of GT5P's driving physics, that there can be that much variation based on the skill of the driver. 👍

Damn it's frustrating though... :banghead:

New Time:

SimcoeAce - Clio Renault (Tuned)/1230kg-282hp/R3/R3/600PP 1'08.235

Last edited:
Finally had time to try the Subaru '05 last night.

1:07.573

R2/R1 tires, sorry, can't remember the rest of the info. For me it's all gearing, gearing, gearing, and making the car "roll" correctly in each of the downhill turns. If the nose starts to slide, acceleration dies. It's hard to get just right.

If this is how the STI drives in real life, I want one.

i did it. :dunce:

Rudi Raser - Subaru WRX STi RA ´05 - 1181kg - 299HP - R2/R1 - 600pp = 1'06.947

but for the moment it´s only position 4 overall. :crazy:

Sorry Bennant, I seem to miss one every update :D

Well done for breaking the barrier Rudi 👍

Updated :cheers:

Back