problems with freezing

  • Thread starter Thread starter daviebhoy08
  • 14 comments
  • 900 views
Messages
22
Messages
daviebhoy08
anyone having issues with game freezing on the gt loading sign after coming out of certain parts of the menu ?
 
This is down to the ever-so-wonderfully implemented and supported internet side of the game. Unplug your LAN cable and all should be well.
 
Mine just froze as I completed a race so it didn't give me any credit or xp. The server is down now, so I guess this means they are starting to implement the next update or something...
 
Mine is doing the same at the moment - hasn't frozen completely but is taking ages to get back to the GTLife menu page. I sense an unplugged LAN cable in my future :lol:.
 
This is down to the ever-so-wonderfully implemented and supported internet side of the game. Unplug your LAN cable and all should be well.

Isn't it as simple as signing out of your PSN account instead of having to disable LAN?
 
Looks like PSN is down? Can't seem to sign and the webpages seems to be down from here as well.
 
yeah i was unable to connect to the server there

good job celebrity juice is on now lol
 
Isn't it as simple as signing out of your PSN account instead of having to disable LAN?

An interesting note, mykem. Next time it plays up I shall try that.

The reason why I go for the hardware disconnect is that it stops the PS3 trying to communicate with the outside world full-stop. I'm a SCADA engineer so I know all too well how flaky software is when it comes to data comms {no matter what the assurances I always prefer a hardware solution :lol:}.
 
I have had and probably will have again this problem. It happens when I'm trying to get gold on various tests. I complete the test, get silver and try to do the test over and sometimes it freezes with the music still playing. I have to restart the game to continue
 
Try it without a Network connection and see if it happens then. What the PS3 does at present is try and send every key-press and controller action out to the Net - if the servers are loaded or limping then you get problems.
 
I just play it offline now.

What annoys me is that I'm bombarded with the "Do you want to sign into Playstation Network?" message. NO. That's why I signed OUT.
 
Mine has froze a couple of times after races.
I quit the game and restarted but still got the prize money & cars.
 
Had the problem myself a few times. Always after I get the message "You have been signed out of the PSN" & some error numbers as well. All I do is shut down the game and restart, sorts it out everytime. Never lost anything from it. Just a bit of time to restart it.
 
anyone having issues with game freezing on the gt loading sign after coming out of certain parts of the menu ?

Wait it out, never took me more than 1 or 2 minutes so far, hopefully that trend continues.
If your using wireless like myself, of course, and can't just disconnect your internet connection without taking longer than the freeze.:ouch:
 
Back