Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
But the layout is more modern GT style with Multi class, I understand touring cars back in the day had that but im talking more of a modern spin to it.

The normal sprint GTS races only have GTS cars, the GT3 and TC/TCA/TCB classes have separate races.

But the layout is more modern GT style with Multi class, I understand touring cars back in the day had that but im talking more of a modern spin to it.
The GTS class is the only single class series in PWC...it's only GTS/GT4 cars.

PWC loses me frequently with their bizarre motor-trend-on-demand limited racing coverage, sporadic CBS coverage, and way too many classes, etc. I'm also not a big fan of shorter "sprint" style races. I think buried in there is a decent product, but if I can't watch it without paying into a special channel, etc. I won't bother.

The racing is decent but the entire presentation is a bit of a mess and that kills it for me. The complete YouTube coverage and longer races make me lean heavily towards CTSCC.

You either watch it live when it airs or on demand with the MotorTrend app subscription. I hate that. And then they air almost randomly on CBS Sports Network in a week or so after. It's certainly not the easiest to watch unless you know what you're doing.

I like the race length, it's in the middle. Not too long but long enough make the drivers and tires have to "endure".

My only real problem with PWC is that they play second fiddle alot so they're races are usually on right away in the morning.

Yep, and I'm not sure about other cable providers but mine will say PWC: GTS at Laguna Seca...and it'll be TC/TCA etc. instead. Very inconsistent.

PWC loses me frequently with their bizarre motor-trend-on-demand limited racing coverage
I just used the live stream on their website last season. Never had any issues with it.
Yep, and I'm not sure about other cable providers but mine will say PWC: GTS at Laguna Seca...and it'll be TC/TCA etc. instead. Very inconsistent.
That sounds like a cable provider issue.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the format at PWC, especially for GTS and TC. There was great racing in both classes, in all sub-classes, all year long. For me actually, the GT class is the weakest class in PWC as far as what is fun to watch.

Flying Lizard to run 2 Porsche Cayman GT4 in PWC GTS, with Baptista and Stacey as drivers.

Good to see Nate Stacey getting a look from both Flying Lizard, and from the article, it seems he may be popping up on Porsche's radar as well. Good for him. He's a fun driver to watch, and seems like a pretty decent guy, from the few interviews I've seen.

Edit: article aslo says they'll be using Cayman GT4 Clubsport MRs - where the MR stands for Manthey Racing.

Here's an article from a while back on Speed Hunters about Manthey Racing. Near the end, Paddy snaps a few photos and talks about the new Cayman MRs.
http://www.speedhunters.com/2016/11/bratwurst-porsches-at-the-manthey-racing-bbq/

Last edited:
Across the two classes, 19 are Porsches. Hate to see that ST dropped a lot of cars, but I would still say that 40 is not a bad number. Can't wait for next week!

That's odd. Usually when I catch PWC, its "PWC: GT at Lime Rock Park" followed by "PWC: GTS at Lime Rock Park". I know Sprint X has more then likely thrown a wrench in the works when it comes to schedules, but it usually works for me. If I recall, I think you can still catch livestreams on their site.

Just heard on MWM that Stevenson will return to Conti in a GT4 Camaro.

You... You mean production based Mustang vs. Camaro racing is in the wings...???

:D:D:D:D

That is, of course, along side roughly 7000 Porsches.

I just want it to ****ing work on my PS4 so I can get full screen and their app is really falling apart. I thought they were fixing it from the fiasco that as the end of the 2016 season

Back