Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,837 comments
Shadetree specials=old cars: the VXs, Hyundai Excel, MX-6 and that Eunos.

Indeed, Shannon's should keep things relevant. 2010 and newer should be fine.

Shadetree specials=old cars: the VXs, Hyundai Excel, MX-6 and that Eunos.

Indeed, Shannon's should keep things relevant. 2010 and newer should be fine.
Oh, understood. Now I know what a shadetree special is :dopey: :lol:

academy_astongt4_2017.jpg

http://gt4series.com/academy-motorsport-with-moore-and-nicoll-jones-in-gt4-european-series/

I'm not so worried about the drivers, more concerned about some of the cars in the race.

I'd prefer it if the field was limited to current or previous models only. At the moment, we've got some that are 10-15+ years old!
VX HSVs - Really? :odd: :rolleyes:
What's wrong with the older cars? Did you watch the Improved Production races from the Bathurst 12 weekend? 90's civic vs 70's Celica vs 00's M3...it was freaking amazing!!

What's wrong with the older cars? Did you watch the Improved Production races from the Bathurst 12 weekend? 90's civic vs 70's Celica vs 00's M3...it was freaking amazing!!
In fact, I watched the races last night before bed & they kept up past my bedtime they were that good.
Don't get me wrong, those 10-15yo cars certainly have their place. Improved Production would be perfect for them. I just don't wan't to see or, believe that race is for them.
My preference is for the 6-hour to run to, and for, modern cars that we'd have watched had the 12hr not evolved into the GT3 race we have now.
As it stands now, the 6hr is for cars that comply with 3 or 4 different sets of regulations.

In fact, I watched the races last night before bed & they kept up past my bedtime they were that good.
Don't get me wrong, those 10-15yo cars certainly have their place. Improved Production would be perfect for them. I just don't wan't to see or, believe that race is for them.
My preference is for the 6-hour to run to, and for, modern cars that we'd have watched had the 12hr not evolved into the GT3 race we have now.
As it stands now, the 6hr is for cars that comply with 3 or 4 different sets of regulations.
I think I get where you're coming from, but would that just be GT4 spec basically?

The problem I have with wanting very new cars, especially if they're GT4s, is you force the teams to buy new racecars every few years....and for people who do the 6hr out of love and enthusiasm on a small budget, that's rough.

If someone is going to buy or build a racecar, I'd like to think that they could get at least 5 years out of it, hopefully up to 10 with continued development and stable regulations.

After the lull in 2016, the GS class is steadily getting back to a large and varied grid that it deserves.

This Camaro should help.

I think I get where you're coming from, but would that just be GT4 spec basically?

The problem I have with wanting very new cars, especially if they're GT4s, is you force the teams to buy new racecars every few years....and for people who do the 6hr out of love and enthusiasm on a small budget, that's rough.

If someone is going to buy or build a racecar, I'd like to think that they could get at least 5 years out of it, hopefully up to 10 with continued development and stable regulations.
The way GT4 is now, there is too much aero. The cars didn't have GT wings and front canards. To run a 2007 Mustang GT or a 350Z, would render a team basically uncompetitive. Sure, costs would be kept low if all they wanted to was be on the grid(which is the sole purpose of GT4[and GT3]- a class for gentlemen drivers).

The previous GT4 Camaros were still pretty quick. Hope some of these new ones make it over here for the 12H and further competition.

Oh look at that...

...and listen to it.
Want, need, must have :bowdown:

If I was making the rules, the 6hr would be for current and just superseded models very close to showroom spec with safety mods only. Add a cap of $75-100k with classes determined by price.
So, up to $25k,
$25,001-$50k,
$50,001-$75k etc...

IMO, the current production car championship has taken the cars too far away from standard, adding costs to ownership/running/maintaining.

http://bathurst6hour.com.au/news-grid-nears-capacity
Despite the fact the race is only entering its second year, a 67-car field would represent the largest ever for a major Bathurst enduro however it is expected that a full grid will now start on Easter Sunday.

Grid capacity on the 6.213km Mount Panorama circuit is 72 cars with a race for the final five spots now on from competitors yet to formally commit to the Race.

“We have more entry forms in front of us than grid positions so it is up to the next five cars to commit and the grid will be full,” Event Director James O’Brien said.

“We are delighted with the response to this Race in just its second year and especially to see new cars being built to tackle the race.

“The chance to field the largest ever field in a major Bathurst enduro and create some history is very appealing and will just add to the storylines around this year’s Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour.”

There is depth in every class throughout the field, however it is the 22 cars in the Extreme Performance / Forced Induction Class A that are likely to attract a large share of the focus at the pointy-end of the grid.

Additional depth in the outright battle is clearly apparent with Mitsubishi, Audi, Ford, Subaru, Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Holden / HSV all represented in class A & B.

Two all-new Ford Focus RS entries have been received, including one from defending race winners Morcom Motorsport and a new entry from Keltic Racing – the banner under which Tony Quinn goes racing.

Two Mercedes-AMG A45 hot hatches are entered along with several competitive BMWs and a host of the ever popular Mitsubishi Lancer EVO models, including a two-car team from Pollicina Motorsports and three from Dylan Thomas successful CXC Global Racing outfit.

Thomas late last year named Supercars star Tim Slade as one of his team’s drivers, set to drive alongside Thomas in the lead entry.

Conroy Motorsport will make the debut of the KIA Proceed GT in this year’s race, boosting an already fiercely competitive class D battle that includes the usual host of Toyota 86 competitors, a Honda Integra, and a MINI Cooper.

Will that race be streamed online? Can't remember if they had announced that.
Here ya go
http://bathurst6hour.com.au/live-frisat
Apologies for the late response. That PCars2 thread, has me locked on.

LIVE STREAMING:

Sunday’s action, including the Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour race will be streamed live and free via www.bathurst6hour.com.au.

With coverage produced by noted motorsport production house AVE, each of Sunday’s races – including the debut Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour – will be broadcast live with coverage right the way around Mount Panorama.

Commentary will come from the local on-air team from Bathurst Broadcasters, supported by motorsport caller Richard Craill and a host of guest drivers both in the commentary box and in pit lane.

Streaming commences on Sunday just prior to 8:00am and will continue to the finish of the podium celebrations for the Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour that evening.

The stream will also be avaialble via mobile devices via the MotorsportsTV app for Android or iPhone platforms so you can watch it everywhere!

TV COVERAGE:

Highlights of the Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour will air on SBS Speedweek (on SBS One and SBS HD) on a date to be announced.

LIVE TIMING:

Fans will be able to access live timing for free via the Bathurst Motor Festival website across all three days of on-track action. The brand-new Mount Panorama timing system offers multiple pages of information for fans to access including a circuit tracker, statistics and more – the same info the teams get in pit lane.

SOCIAL MEDIA:

The Bathurst Motor Festival will be posting regular content to social media throughout the weekend, with people encouraged to follow the event on Facebook and Twitter.

www.facebook.com/Bathurst6Hour and www.twitter.com/Bathurst6hour

The official hashtags for the event is #B6HR – join the conversation!

The Morcom entry, is that the team Mostert drove for last year? If yes, anyone heard if he's back again this year?

Also, the Focus, is it FWD or AWD?

I'll be at the 6 hour this year, my Dad is racing his HQ (in the support class) and a friend of ours is racing the 6 hour in a Commodore. I think I'll be helping with the pit stops too :)
# jealous

Best of luck to your Dad in the Q's. I got to do 5 laps around Calder Park on Grand Final Day 1990 & got taken for about 5-6 laps around the Thunderdome in the passenger seat. Leave pitlane put it in 3rd & keep it flat. Amazing what G forces they could get from a buffed set of Goodyear Ducaros.

What model Commodore is your friend driving?

Oh look at that...

...and listen to it.
Want, need, must have :bowdown:

If I was making the rules, the 6hr would be for current and just superseded models very close to showroom spec with safety mods only. Add a cap of $75-100k with classes determined by price.
So, up to $25k,
$25,001-$50k,
$50,001-$75k etc...

IMO, the current production car championship has taken the cars too far away from standard, adding costs to ownership/running/maintaining.

You're thinking back to the old Procar GT Production Championship, hey Pete? That was a fun series while it lasted.

You're thinking back to the old Procar GT Production Championship, hey Pete? That was a fun series while it lasted.
Sort of, yes. I'll tell you, I used to look forward to those races so much. The variety in that class (and GT Performance to a degree) was what made it 'must watch'.
A well-driven little car, nipping at the rear bumper of a bigger car battling weight under brakes & through the twisty bits. The big car fighting back on the straights.

I'm also thinking back to the older Production Car Championship that ran from 1982-mid 90's and, the much earlier Series Production Championship that spawned legendary cars such as the GT-HO, XU-1 & Charger E38/E49.

Have a dig through history and marvel at the variety, throughout the many classes that fronted up to Bathurst in the pre '73-Group C days.

One of the greatest battles to ever take place at Bathurst, is also one of the slowest, where the cars involved would've spent most of the lap under 100 km/h. Still, it had the crowd enthralled.
The 1963 battle for Class A honours went down to the very last corner of the last lap.

Barry Ferguson/Bill Ford Volkswagen 1100 versus
Don Holland/Lindsay Little Mini 850

The cars had always been on the same lap, slipstreaming each other up & down the hill and climbing all over one another in the Esses.
With Ferguson in the Beetle & Little in the Mini, they arrived down at Murray's Corner side-by-side on the last lap. Ferguson, a highly-skilled rally driver, was squeezed out by the Mini under brakes but put the Beetle across the apex and the dirt and shoved Little off line. The Mini rolled into the wooden fence but, Little got out of the car, chucked it back on its wheels and still finished second in class.
Amazing.

Back