Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
Thanks, it's not great quality but it might buffer up. It stops once in awhile but it's better than squinting at a tiny screen. There it goes, full HD, sweet

They need a yellow to check the track if the debris are big enough to shatter that guys windshield.

Last edited:
Pink ST class Nissan got a drive-thru penalty while in P2 with 18 min left because the fuel guy had the wrong socks on.👎👎 Terrible job by IMSA.

Pink ST class Nissan got a drive-thru penalty while in P2 with 18 min left because the fuel guy had the wrong socks on.👎👎 Terrible job by IMSA.

That Nissan was the fastest thing in class all day.

It's a bit hard to argue the penalty due to being a safety issue.

That Nissan was the fastest thing in class all day.

It's a bit hard to argue the penalty due to being a safety issue.
The rule from the sporting code
(SSR) Inspection.All Driver,refueler and firebottle operator firesuits and personal protective equipment must be inspected by IMSA at Safety Checks, Scrutineering and/or Technical Inspection prior to first use in the season
. IMSA may re-inspect any equipment at any time

And the penalty.

Person(s) over pit wall not properly attired--21.2 & 21.4--Warning/$500 fine/D

So they passed the official IMSA safety check and were allowed to work anyway? And were then given the harshest penalty with 20 min to go in a 4hr race? And they wonder why teams left this series and went to PWC.

I've never been a fan of penalizing the driver for infractions from the pit crew. 👎

How else can you really penalize them though? Fines seem like an even worse way considering most crew members make very little if anything at all, not to mention in my view fines shouldn't be used as much as they already are. Suspension is a possibility, but it could be argued you are penalizing the driver by doing so.

So they passed the official IMSA safety check and were allowed to work anyway? And were then given the harshest penalty with 20 min to go in a 4hr race?

Because you know, people never change clothes in between the inspection and the race. :rolleyes:

And they wonder why teams left this series and went to PWC.

PWC's rule enforcing is just as big of a joke as IMSA's. :lol:

By following their own rulebook as pointed out. Especially if it's their first offense.

In this case I agree it's overkill, but say something along the lines of a crew member losing control of a tire. What should the penalty be in a case like that?

In this case I agree it's overkill, but say something along the lines of a crew member losing control of a tire. What should the penalty be in a case like that?
As stated above, drivers getting penalized for anything out of their control isn't really fair because they personally did nothing wrong. As for the crew, warnings/fines/removal from the remainder of the race I'm sure would work just fine.

As stated above, drivers getting penalized for anything out of their control isn't really fair because they personally did nothing wrong.

True, but there really isn't any way around that, no matter what, the driver will get impacted either directly or indirectly.

As for the crew, warnings/fines/removal from the remainder of the race I'm sure would work just fine.

Fines - I've already stated my dislike of fines in sports, especially at lower levels. Most of these crewmembers are not making a living from it so if they might get fined real money for a minor infraction they may not even show up.

Suspension/Removal - How exactly does losing a crewmember not effect the driver? Unless all their pitstops are done they now have to do an entire pitstop with at least one less person costing who knows how many seconds.

Warnings - Are meaningless.

How else can you really penalize them? Fines seem like an even worse way considering most crew members make very little if anything at all, not to mention in my view fines shouldn't be used as much as they already are. Suspension is a possibility, but it could be argued you are penalizing the driver by doing so.
Here is a idea, IMSA official walks up and says "hey fuel guy, you arent wearing the right socks" and the fuel guys says " oh damn I forgot that new rule, thanks for the WARNING" and sends a runner back to the trailer to get the right socks.

Doing that the team avoids getting a $500 FINE or worse yet DRIVE THRU penalty while running P2 with 20 min left in the race.

True, but there really isn't any way around that, no matter what, the driver will get impacted either directly or indirectly.
Well obviously indirectly is out of their control.

Fines - I've already stated my dislike of fines in sports, especially at lower levels. Most of these crewmembers are not making a living from it so if they might get fined real money for a minor infraction they may not even show up.

Suspension/Removal - How exactly does losing a crewmember not effect the driver? Unless all their pitstops are done they now have to do an entire pitstop with at least one less person costing who knows how many seconds.

Warnings - Are meaningless.
Fine the team owner. Suspending the pit crew member doesn't mean they can't be replaced for the remainder of the race by someone else. And warnings are not meaningless if they lead to a harsher penalty for multiple offenses.

But I'm certainly not qualified to be running a major racing series, just stating my opinion. Though it seems you have an issue with it.

Here is a idea, IMSA official walks up and says "hey fuel guy, you arent wearing the right socks" and the fuel guys says " oh damn I forgot that new rule, thanks for the WARNING" and sends a runner back to the trailer to get the right socks.

Doing that the team avoids getting a $500 FINE or worse yet DRIVE THRU penalty while running P2 with 20 min left in the race.
Ding ding ding. Winner.

Do we know for a fact that they didn't get a warning?

Fine the team owner.

Because racing isn't already expensive enough.

Suspending the pit crew member doesn't mean they can't be replaced for the remainder of the race by someone else.

True, but I'm guessing the likelyhood of finding someone capable of pitting a car with all the proper credentials is rather slim.

And warnings are not meaningless if they lead to a harsher penalty for multiple offenses.

Again, I'm just not seeing any penalties that would fit the criteria of not affecting the driver or driving people away from participating.

Though it seems you have an issue with it.

It's a forum, where discussions happen, what did you expect? :lol:

I really have no issue with you or your stance, I'm pretty much playing devil's advocate as I'm trying to adjust my sleep pattern in order to watch as much of the 24 as possible. :cheers:

No. Do you think they decided to ignore a official request just because?

It wouldn't be the first time and it was just a question as I wasn't able to watch the race. Anyways, I already said that penalty was excessive so I'm not sure what you're on about.

In this case I agree it's overkill,

See, I did say that. :)

Well I know who won ST, the IMSA facebook page spoiled it for me. Knew I should have unfollowed their page just for this weekend...

I'm just glad it's made.
It looks and sounds badass but they need to they need to do some work to the nose to make it stronger. A little rubbin and the diveplanes were flapping around and they had to break out the big strips of tape to keep the nose section from falling off. It did better than the McLaren though, after a bump to the side near the rear tire it dumped it's radiator content all over the track.:lol:

Trying to not read the thread, as I haven't watched the rsce yet. Is it posted anywhere yet, or do we have to wait until next weekend?

Probably after it airs on TV. I was already spoiled by my facebook feed.
Ya actually I'm pretty sure I had the race winner spoiled for me by the RLM guys during the 24...but I'm trying not to think about it. Maybe I'll have forgotten completely by next week :dopey:

I'm afraid I'll only be able to get excited about the 6hr when the organisers focus on quality of the grid, not the quantity.
Some of the shadetree specials are on the grid, but part of me is glad "normal" folk still drive these cars.

On the flip side, it would be cool to see professional drivers go at it in production cars.

Some of the shadetree specials are on the grid, but part of me is glad "normal" folk still drive these cars.

On the flip side, it would be cool to see professional drivers go at it in production cars.
I'm not so worried about the drivers, more concerned about some of the cars in the race.

I'd prefer it if the field was limited to current or previous models only. At the moment, we've got some that are 10-15+ years old!
VX HSVs - Really? :odd: :rolleyes:

Latest Posts

Back