Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
Yep, no Astons, no BMWs, no Subarus (old), no Camaros, etc. The ST class has diminished as well from a heap of models to the top 5-6 it seems, with a few wild cards. But seeing the field drop over 20+ cars as a whole is hugely damning. I'll probably have to find a way to watch PWC and I used to avoid that like the plague because of Creamer's obsession with shouting...and the stupid stunts they used to pull off to make the racing interesting - at least they've dropped some of that crap*. Still don't like the sprint-ish formats.

*There was a time during PWC that the pole sitter flipped a coin to see if the field would be inverted and other ridiculous crap...
Eibach Springs USA was uploading PWC races to their YouTube channel last year, with about a week delay. It was the full race including bits during the commercials (unlike an IMSA broadcast where you miss a lot of racing).

There's also a way to stream PWC, off their website I'm giessing? I've heard it mentuoned during a broadcast, but never done it myself.

Spotters guide is out for the CTSCC, and I saw two things. #1, ASTON MARTIN! :D #2, am I seeing things or is that a Merc' sedan in ST? :odd:
http://www.spotterguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/SG_16_DAY_v1.pdf

Untitled.png

Yep...saw that Merc on the list too. And yeah the guide sheet doesn't match the entry sheet for GS. Guess we'll see when the race starts.

If that Merc sedan is actually a real thing, I just found who I'm cheering for!! That is bad-freaking-ass!!!!

To me that is what this kind of racing is all about. Taking ordinary cars of all walks, stripping them naked, and throwing them on a track together to see what happens. Love it!

Hmm, seems the entry list on their website was incorrect.

Yep...saw that Merc on the list too. And yeah the guide sheet doesn't match the entry sheet for GS. Guess we'll see when the race starts.
Not all the CTSC teams coordinate with Andy Blackmore for his spotters guide, so the website is probably correct. (Although I don't remember seeing that Merc on there)

Not all the CTSC teams coordinate with Andy Blackmore for his spotters guide, so the website is probably correct. (Although I don't remember seeing that Merc on there)
The Aston is not on the entry list last I checked. The Merc was.

Yeah, combined practice...odd seeing Compass 360 go to mustangs,but nice to see them in GS. One of my favourite things about sportscar racing in the United States (at least over the past five years) is watching drivers/teams go from street tuner in the CTSCC into GS...then hopping into GT's for Tudor/Rolex/Weathertech and then end up in Prototypes.

Tom Long, Freedom Autosport driver for the Miatas and occasional prototype stuff is a good example. Met the guy in college when he was racing an old clapped out Civic Si in amateur SCCA. Later I saw him start off in the lower street tuner stuff...and he's now frequently getting rides up to and including the Mazda prototypes. It's fun to see progression actually work - though occasionally you see guys go the other direction.

Admittedly its barely relevant, but does anyone know the story behind this?

the-time-when-the-chevrolet-camaro-got-a-ford-badge-probably-to-help-the-mustang-shelby-gt350r-c-race-102909_1.jpg

I didn't get a chance to watch either due to work, and being on the west coast. I'd love to find somewhere to watch it before having to wait a couple weeks for IMSA to put it on their website.

I've been trying to avoid this thread so as to not spoil the race for myself, as I missed the livestream.

Does anyone know when IMSA will upload this race to their website? It feels like it's been forever since Daytona, and there's still nothing up for CTSCC. They have the 24hr race up, but not the little guys :(

I've been trying to avoid this thread so as to not spoil the race for myself, as I missed the livestream.

Does anyone know when IMSA will upload this race to their website? It feels like it's been forever since Daytona, and there's still nothing up for CTSCC. They have the 24hr race up, but not the little guys :(
That's weird, it should be up by now. Wonder what they're waiting for? :odd:

Back