Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
No TCR or Clio Cups?
It's production cars only. Only time those type of cup cars raced, were the Abarth 500s, run by Chrysler, in the 12H.
I tell you though, the M4 in last year's 6H, IIRC was clocked at about 170mph down Conrod. That's GT3 speed. The owner did spend an extra $150k on the car though.

TCR sadly, would negate the prospect of production cars from getting the overall win. Which is why they left, when GT3 cars were included in the 12H.

rsr_colorado-400x264.png

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/02/13/stone-reveals-colorado-superute/

The V8 purists are going to hate on em but, I can already see they're going to move around on track a lot more than the Brutes & that's a big tick from me.

Can't wait for race 1.
Haha over the curbs at Turn 1, is going to be fun to watch.

Pretty disappointing for the 500. The support categories this year are probably the least interesting in the events 20 year history.

Pretty disappointing for the 500. The support categories this year are probably the least interesting in the events 20 year history.
Don't know about that R8 LMS Cup. Could have replaced it with Heritage Touring Cars.
Stadium Twucks... eh, I usually do other stuff when they're on.

Other than that, Improved Production and TCM will be lively. Shame the other Rangers and the D-Max didn't make it. As long as there is close racing, I see this SuperUtes race as, the exhibition it should have been last year.

(Avoiding reading this thread for a while, on purpose)

Please no spoilers, but I have a question. Is IMSA not putting CTSCC races up on YouTube this season? I've asked them via their Facebook page but got no response. I just started watching it on a poorer copy somebody made while it was televised, but I'll be crushed if it's not available this year (never around to watch it live).

Have they made an announcement to this effect, or is it possible a glitch that the Daytona round is not being shown on their YouTube page?

(Avoiding reading this thread for a while, on purpose)

Please no spoilers, but I have a question. Is IMSA not putting CTSCC races up on YouTube this season? I've asked them via their Facebook page but got no response. I just started watching it on a poorer copy somebody made while it was televised, but I'll be crushed if it's not available this year (never around to watch it live).

Have they made an announcement to this effect, or is it possible a glitch that the Daytona round is not being shown on their YouTube page?

So IMSA did upload a copy of the Conti race from Daytona. However, it wasn't with the Radio Le Mans commentary, it was the Fox broadcast, but uncut for the entire 4 hour (so you could hear the broadcast team talking to each other during commercial breaks). It was removed a few days later, so my guess is that this was a mistake and they never got around to fixing it.

Okay, well...I'll take that as an indication that "maybe"...we'll get further videos. I'd be crushed as, oddly, CTSCC is one of my favourite series - often the highlight of the week/month for me. Thanks for the info.

Okay, well...I'll take that as an indication that "maybe"...we'll get further videos. I'd be crushed as, oddly, CTSCC is one of my favourite series - often the highlight of the week/month for me. Thanks for the info.

I love the CTSCC. It's one of the reasons that I am a MotorTrend OnDemand customer. I would love to see it being posted back to youtube though. Weird thing is that it's not even on tv.youtube.com FoxSports (another subscription) at all.

WAU should get a couple Camaro gt4s anyway. Good for the business. :)

Tickford field 4 Mustangs, Betty with a couple nsxs, djrtp could run Mustangs/Hondas or Lexus, BJR field a couple Audi's. GT4 would have a healthy future.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/03/09/215237.html

A huge 47-car full-season entry will grace the 2018 GT4 European Series, the season entry list revealed one day after the official pre-season test day at Zolder, ahead of next month’s season opener at the Belgian circuit.

Teams representing over 70 cars have expressed their interest to enter the season with SRO whittling that down to 47 cars a number based on the maximum number of cars allowed to start a one-hour race at Brands Hatch (46) and Zolder (47), as per the FIA homologation of the circuits. One car will not participate at Brands Hatch due to other obligations.

Last edited:
Back