Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
Catching up on the European GT4 races a couple of days ago. I was wondering what the oldest cars on the grid might be. It'd have to be either the Bimmers or the Camaro, wouldn't it?
Believe it or not, the 570S GT4 been out since 2015. Ekris did debut an F80 M4 GT4 before the BMW factory though. Same with the first Camaro GT4(GEN 1). That was before the Pratt & Miller customer cars.

If I remember, it's the McLaren(oldest), M4 and then, Camaro.

Not sure if anyone is keeping up with what Bryan Heitkotter is doing, but he recently started racing in the Gridlife GLTC series with Chris Forsberg Racing (of Formula Drift fame) and picked up his first wins this past weekend.

Can't recall hearing about that series. Like the rules with any production car eligible. I'd bring over the GreenBrave Crown RS. ;)

Also, about the 370Z, they're still running in Super Taikyu.
190230527_2955534404721061_520921117196543072_n.jpg

Nice charge and a little bit of luck for the Camaro there at the end to get 4th place. Wish someone had more for those McLarens up front.

After watching a video of the Rivian EV truck, I’d scrap the SuperUtes and strike a deal to import them suckas. Strip interior, add roll cage and slicks. Job done. Get ahead of the game.

I was hoping that the M2 will be the new GT4 platform. Back under the previous BMW Motorsport boss it was hinted that the M4 will be the basis for the new GT3 and the M2 for GT4. I guess they decided to use the M4 for both.
Kind of the new standard with Modern GT and touring car racing. Instead of using two different cars for different classes, they all use one and interchange for each. Kinda makes me miss the BMW M8s and M6s even more, cause that was kind of the last different car for different class' marque.

2022 Gulf Western Oil Touring Car Masters

RoundCircuitStateDate
1NewcastleNSWMarch 4-6
2TBANSWMay
3TownsvilleQueenslandJuly 8-10
4Queensland RacewayQueenslandAugust 6-7
5SandownVictoriaSeptember 17-18
6Mount Panorama (Bathurst International)
NSW
November 11-13

Last edited:

Really is a shame. It’s a step up from Production car racing and a step below GT3 and on Par with TCR. Figured with the Supra available, the series would take off. ARG need to promote it better.

Cool stuff

Something I really need to talk: Can the popularity of SUVs/crossovers in the production car market threaten the future of production car racing, especially on lower end of the ladder? Especially when it comes to touring cars, as less of non-crossover hatchbacks/sedans are there on the market.

This is also something that VASC and NASCAR (Cup and Xfinity) also have, because of the Camaro discontinuation rumors that can also affect both.

EDIT: That being said, what happened to the Urus ST-X series?

Last edited:
The difference with GM/GMSV in Australia is, the Camaro(V8)Supercar is only in the series to sell the Silverado and C8. Appearantly, what fans here drive, doesn’t have to be relevant to want fans want to see racing on track… when it comes to V8s.

TCR are fine. There are still Civic, I30 & Elantra, Golf, 308, A3/RS3, Megane, Giulietta and especially Corolla. Mazda3 was coming, but C-19 put a stop to that. Add BTCC with the Focus, Astra, Cupra and 3-Series. There’s even an MG TCR. As long as those core cars are being produced, Touring cars will be fine.

The difference with GM/GMSV in Australia is, the Camaro(V8)Supercar is only in the series to sell the Silverado and C8. Appearantly, what fans here drive, doesn’t have to be relevant to want fans want to see racing on track… when it comes to V8s.

TCR are fine. There are still Civic, I30 & Elantra, Golf, 308, A3/RS3, Megane, Giulietta and especially Corolla. Mazda3 was coming, but C-19 put a stop to that. Add BTCC with the Focus, Astra, Cupra and 3-Series. There’s even an MG TCR. As long as those core cars are being produced, Touring cars will be fine.
You also have to figure out the consequences for amateur/grassroots/club level racing.

Back