Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
Good weekend for racing begins. If you have Stan. Sport, the Bathurst 6H coverage has begun.

Super GT Weekend and British GT. Good stuff.

How about this race at Bathurst? This track always delivers......

Edit: I feel like we're going to see more M2's out here next year. That thing is a bit unfair having the same power as the other cars but with less weight. 🤣

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s how Tim Slade feels about it. Might have to drop that entry price to $99,999 or less. Anyway, surprised the i30, Type R, GTI, new Megane, etc, weren’t entered. I know that’s what TCR is for. ;) On the fliside, I am happy to see the last of the small rear wheel drive BMWs being raced.

The GR86/BRZ might be good choices next year.

Imagine the GR Yaris and Corollas in this race.

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s how Tim Slade feels about it. Might have to drop that entry price to $99,999 or less. Anyway, surprised the i30, Type R, GTI, new Megane, etc, weren’t entered. I know that’s what TCR is for. ;) On the fliside, I am happy to see the last of the small rear wheel drive BMWs being raced.

They need to do something to stop the BMW domination or it'll become boring.

The closest non-Bavarian was a good 4-5 seconds off the pace. It's a lot of money spent to play a supporting role.

A $100k price cap would be a good starting point.

If I was a millionaire I would bring a new Z down and try to spoil the BMW party lol

They need to do something to stop the BMW domination or it'll become boring.

The closest non-Bavarian was a good 4-5 seconds off the pace. It's a lot of money spent to play a supporting role.

A $100k price cap would be a good starting point.
Again, like Slade mentioned, that’s how it wa# with the Lancers. I wasn’t a fan of the races with those dominating.

The V8 sedans are just too heavy. Mustang is good, but still too heavy. RC F was the same.

I still don’t know. M cars are so understated, one would think it’s a normal 2 series. Big difference to other cars with big aero pieces that scream high performance model.
If I was a millionaire I would bring a new Z down and try to spoil the BMW party lol
I think Speedcafe were suggesting the Supra. It would open things up to allow 2 seaters in. I mean, can't run an MX-5 at the moment. We know that's a good endurance car.

I truly hope so. Watched the GT4 race at Sonoma. It’d be awesome to see the Z participating In every series.

Now, to Super Taikyu. I’m liking where this is going.

On March 19, Toyota, Subaru and Mazda jointly held a press conference in the venue for the ENEOS Super Endurance Series 2022 Powered by Hankook Round 1 "SUZUKA 5 Hours Endurance Race", but Akira Marumoto, president and CEO of Mazda, who is launching MAZDA SPIRIT RACING MAZDA2 Bio concept in It was a surprise remark in a sense, but what is the true identity of this 300-horsepower engine, he hit Ikuo Maeda, executive officer who drives the MAZDA SPIRIT RACING MAZDA2 Bio concept.

Mazda launched "MAZDA SPIRIT RACING Bio concept DEMIO" using 100% biomass-derived next-derived biodiesel fuel "Susteo" from the 6th round of 2021 Okayama. In 2022, he changed his model to Mazda 2 as "MAZDA SPIRIT RACING MAZDA2 Bio concept" and fully participated in the ST-Q class.

The ST-Q class has a different purpose of participating in the ENDLESS AMG GT4, the ORC ROOKIE GR86 CNF Concept, which uses carbon neutral fuels, and the Team SDA Engineering BRZ CNF Concept, as well as the ORC ROOKIE Corolla H2 Concept, which uses a hydrogen engine. The MAZDA SPIRIT RACING MAZDA2 Bio concept is all fuelled different from the biodiesel, but in the finals of the first round of Super Endurance held on March 20, the GR86, BRZ and Corolla had started from behind the ST-3 vehicle, while the MAZDA SPIRIT RACING MAZDA2 Bio concept was a race Naturally, the base is Mazda 2, and it's a natural position from the car rating.

In the first round of Super Endurance, Akira Marumoto, President and CEO, said, “We received a strong request to develop a 2.2-litre 300-horsepower engine for the second half of the game, seeing the strength of Subaru's BRZ and Toyota's GR86, which our engineers are participating in this season. For further challenge, we agreed to the request. I hope I'll let you fight with a slingshot in the second half of the game."

This remark seemed to have been a surprise on the field side, and when I asked Executive Officer Maeda, who was participating as a driver himself, about this matter, he seemed to laugh bitterly, but when I heard about this engine, he admitted that he was developing an engine using biodiesel fuel based on SKYACTIV-D 2.2-litre clean diesel loaded on the CX-5

The only thing that bothers me is which vehicle the engine will be loaded on. Naturally, if it's 300 horsepower, it's capacity over in Mazda 2. Then I'll become a horse. Hearing this, although it is not possible to make it public, of course, said, "there are only a few cars that can be put on," said Executive Officer Maeda.

Among the current Mazda lineups, the ideal model to take 300 horsepower and convert it to motor sports is the Mazda 3 Fastback or the Mazda 3 Sedan. It’s a bit too big for Mazda 6. To convey this prediction, Executive Officer Maeda said, “I think it would be good to imagine that.”

By the way, in the United States, a customer racing car called Mazda 3 TCR was organised for its debut in 2020, but the design team of Executive Officer Maeda also worked on the design of this vehicle as a racing car. Unfortunately, the TCR vehicle was not realised due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, but if the model we are considering this Mazda 3, there is a possibility that the essence of the design examined at TCR will come in.

“I felt that the battle between Toyota's GR86 and Subaru's BRZ in this race could be seen from the edge. We also hope to join the battle. I met two cars on the course as I was driving today, but I thought it was "fast," says Executive Officer Maeda. In the aforementioned statement by President and CEO Marumoto, there is no doubt that the scene where vehicles loaded with SKYACTIV-D 2.2-litre clean diesel engines compete in the GR86, BRZ and ST-Q class running with carbon neutral fuels is the ideal of MAZDA SPIRIT RACING.

Akira Marumoto, president and CEO, also supported the activities of this MAZDA SPIRIT RACING and held a rally in front of the first round Suzuka. MAZDA SPIRIT RACING CONTINUES TO STEP UP AS A "WORKS", BUT IT SEEMS TO HAVE GREAT EXPECTATIONS FOR THE PLANNED 2.2-LITRE BIODIESEL ENGINE.

Last edited:
Sounded nice. Has that similar howl like the Supra. I guess it'd be closer to the sound of a GT-R, but I like that pitch.
Plus, S-Tai is life. ;)

Last edited:
Guess I'll have another Camaro to add to my GT7 grid. ;)
1651804068363.png

Back