Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
Good! This is what I’ve been hoping for.

No one has raced a GT4 Mustang here, since it’s 2017 debut. MARC cars and production car racing, have been the only categories to see it run. Should be a treat to see them both racing at the 12H and other GT events.

20220927_074554.jpg

Last edited:
Can’t wait. I love the GT4 Supra, but that was just a placeholder for a potentially new GT4 Z. Kept wanting the 370 GT4 to be a popular race car. Just didn’t happen. This Z has to be A global contender.

Nissan Motor Corporation (Head Office: Nishi-ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa Prefecture, President: Makoto Uchida) and Nissan Motorsports & Customized Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Chigasaki City, Kanagawa Prefecture, President: Takao Katagiri, abbreviated as NMC) are held in the United States. In -, the race vehicle "Nissan Z GT4*" for customers based on "Nissan Z" (Japanese name: Fairlady Z) has been released to the public. ( *Scheduled to be certified)

The Nissan Z GT4, which was unveiled for the first time at the SEMA show, adopted a special coloring that combines Nissan/NISMO heritage and modernity. The hood design is reminiscent of the coloring of racing cars in the 70s, and Nissan's bib number "23" is placed in a red circle with the image of the rising sun. In addition, the body color has changed from Nissan / NISMO's iconic red to black towards the rear, and the rear quarter panel has a new "Z" that modernly designed the emblems of the former "240Z" and "Fairlady Z" The logo is arranged.

NMC's NISMO Racing Division has repeated tests and actual running in Japan and the United States, and enjoys a dynamic and exciting running of Z for drivers of a wide range of levels, from professional to gentleman drivers. I've been developing Nissan Z with GT4 specifications so that I can do it. In the 2023 season, which will be the debut year of the car, the vehicle will be on the pilot customer team who is scheduled to participate in the "SRO Pirelli GT4 America Series" to be held in the United States and the "Super Endurance Series" in Japan. NISMO will provide technical support on the circuit. In addition, for teams and general customers who are thinking about participating in the war, we plan to start accepting orders from the middle of 2023 and supply vehicles sequentially from the 2024 season.

Michael Carcamo, Nissan's global program director in charge of sports cars, said, "I am very happy to be able to show the Nissan Z GT4 to racing drivers and fans. We tested in the U.S. last week, and we are steadily preparing for the 23rd season. We will continue to discuss with each team in the future, and we hope that "Z" will be attracting attention on circuits around the world."

■ NISSAN Z GT4 Main Specifications
Total length4,380 mm (172.4 in.)
Overall width1,870mm (73.6 in.)
Weights1,410 kg (3,108 lbs.) *
Engine modelVR30DDTT
Total displacement2,997cc
Maximum output330kW (450hp) *
Maximum torque600Nm (443 ft-lbs.) *
Wheel (front and rear)Previous: 18" x 10.5J Later: 18" x 11J

■ Vehicle price
US$ 229,000 (33.2 million yen, 1$ = 145 yen equivalent)
(The price is the factory price. It also includes optional equipment and starter kits.)

Last edited:
Stoked to see a Z in GT-4. I feel like Nissan pulled out of motorsport at precisely the wrong time - when so many categories were taking off.

Also, another superb year of IMSA's Michelin Pilot Challenge (or whatever they're calling it this year). Great races at almost every track. If anyone outside of the U.S. is not watching it, you're insane. They're on YouTube in full with no commercials, etc. Sadly they only post them a week or two after the races (as that's part of their airing package for TV or some such).

The series of tracks in the middle of summer suit GT4/TCR cars so damn well it's amazing. Also those two categories race really well together, with the TCR cars being faster in some sections, etc.

One of the lures for Morris is news that GT4 will next year be a class within Australian Production Cars brought to you by Liqui Moly (APC), as announced at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst International.

In a move which coincides with the Australian Racing Group buying a stake in the company behind APC, plans are afoot to grow GT4 such that it has a championship of its own in 2024.

“From a team and competitor’s point of view, I’m interested in the GT4 announcement,” noted Morris.

“That category has some strong potential. GT3 cars are going too fast for some Am competitors. Even Porsche CC [Carrera Cup] is a bit too much. GT4 seems to be the perfect regulations for a wider variety of racers.

“I’m looking forward to finding out more about GT4 next weekend, so there’s plenty of reasons for me racing.”

2023 Australian Production Cars Calendar

Round 1 – Victorian venue TBC – May 12-14 – Sprint (4 x 30 minutes)
Round 2 – Sydney Motorsport Park – June 16-18 – Enduro
Round 3 – Queensland Raceway – August 11-13 – Enduro
Round 4 – Sandown International Raceway – September 8-10 – Sprint (4 x 30 minutes)
Round 5 – The Bend Motorsport Park – October 13-15 – Enduro (4 x 1 hour)
Round 6 – Supercheap Auto Bathurst International – November 10-12 – Sprint (4 x 30 minutes)

Back