Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
I hope he’s gifted the 718 to Ryder. More cars the better. :)

We’ll see how the season goes, but so far, maybe some TCR drivers jump over to GT4. Anyway, good to see more quality categories for racers to choose from.

Ok, no more AMGs please.
AMG stans:

1704244236420.png

Ok, no more AMGs please.
It’s not bad though. M4s are the stronger package. We’ll see about BOP his year.

Six AMGs, four McLarens( two 570S and two Arturas), three M4, two 718(plus a third, if that Tony/Ryder Quinn 718 has a driver), two Ginetta(not sure if the third one run by Valery Muzman makes a return).

With a potential 22-23 car grid for the debut season, six AMGs out of twenty plus ain’t bad. ;)

It’s not bad though. M4s are the stronger package. We’ll see about BOP his year.

Six AMGs, four McLarens( two 570S and two Arturas), three M4, two 718(plus a third, if that Tony/Ryder Quinn 718 has a driver), two Ginetta(not sure if the third one run by Valery Muzman makes a return).

With a potential 22-23 car grid for the debut season, six AMGs out of twenty plus ain’t bad. ;)
Yes, that's not as bad as I imagined & that's because I hadn't kept track of the entries like you have, obviously.

Notice no Audis?

I only read a few days ago, about how Audi have discontinued the R8 & TT, with no plans to replace them.

We were only discussing recently, the benefits of the Audi/MPC customer arrangements.

What does the future hold over the next 1-3 years for those most involved? Lamborghini? Porsche?

Yes, that's not as bad as I imagined & that's because I hadn't kept track of the entries like you have, obviously.

Notice no Audis?

I only read a few days ago, about how Audi have discontinued the R8 & TT, with no plans to replace them.

We were only discussing recently, the benefits of the Audi/MPC customer arrangements.

What does the future hold over the next 1-3 years for those most involved? Lamborghini? Porsche?
No Vantage as well. A couple European AMG customers switching to Aston Martin. It’s been a good package.

There might be a post about the Audi Customer program, but here’s a refresher.
However, as speculated previously, Audi has decided against completely shutting down its customer racing division. Instead, the R8 LMS GT3 and other customer cars will continue to remain homologated, with the Ingolstadt-based manufacturer offering basic supply of spare parts until 2032.

The initial plan was indeed to discontinue Audi Sport Customer Racing entirely, with the board issuing instructions towards the end of last year to close the division after 2023.

But according to sources, after efforts from both Audi Sport boss Rolf Michl and customer racing head Chris Reinke, a decision was made around the Nurburgring 24 Hours for continue its involvement in customer racing in a reduced capacity. This was approved by the board of directors on Monday.

No Vantage as well. A couple European AMG customers switching to Aston Martin. It’s been a good package.

There might be a post about the Audi Customer program, but here’s a refresher.
Am I the only one that finds it kinda weird, that the Aston Martin runs the engine the AMG is supposed to have?

The 4.0 twin turbo V8 found in the AMG road car.

Yes, I know they homologated the car with the NA V8 from the previous SLS, but that was to save money on development & for reliability, was it not?

In regards to the Audi, if they don't homologate a '24 update package, by default, they're expecting the BoP to keep it competitive against the latest and greatest from the opposition for how many years?
I like their optimism, but I can see the opposition having a problem if their latest is beaten by a '23 or '24 model in a few years.

I have to admire Audi's commitment to the category with the offer of spares until '32, but let's see if that lasts once their in F1 from '26.
If any category can change a manufacturer's policy, it's Formula One.

Am I the only one that finds it kinda weird, that the Aston Martin runs the engine the AMG is supposed to have?

The 4.0 twin turbo V8 found in the AMG road car.

Yes, I know they homologated the car with the NA V8 from the previous SLS, but that was to save money on development & for reliability, was it not?

In regards to the Audi, if they don't homologate a '24 update package, by default, they're expecting the BoP to keep it competitive against the latest and greatest from the opposition for how many years?
I like their optimism, but I can see the opposition having a problem if their latest is beaten by a '23 or '24 model in a few years.

I have to admire Audi's commitment to the category with the offer of spares until '32, but let's see if that lasts once their in F1 from '26.
If any category can change a manufacturer's policy, it's Formula One.
True on your last sentence.

The AMG GT4 run the 4.0TT since launch.

Keep in mind the first GT4 Vantage(N24) been around since GT4 inception. From around 2007(?) to the new car in 2018/2019.

Edit: The first GT4 Vantage was 2008-2018. The current car debuted in 2019.

I’m no expert, but I guess due to the GT4 regulations of requiring drivers be amateurs, the R8 being the same(not sure if any upgrades are in its future) for its life, customers might just expect the BOP, as you mentioned, to keep it competitive. Similar to the first gen Vantage life span.
It’ll be interesting to see how many are on various grids around the world this year.

True on your last sentence.

The AMG GT4 run the 4.0TT since launch.

Keep in mind the first GT4 Vantage(N24) been around since GT4 inception. From around 2007(?) to the new car in 2018/2019.

Edit: The first GT4 Vantage was 2008-2018. The current car debuted in 2019.

I’m no expert, but I guess due to the GT4 regulations of requiring drivers be amateurs, the R8 being the same(not sure if any upgrades are in its future) for its life, customers might just expect the BOP, as you mentioned, to keep it competitive. Similar to the first gen Vantage life span.
It’ll be interesting to see how many are on various grids around the world this year.
Sorry bud. I kind of drifted between GT3 & GT4 during my last post, and went off subject a bit.

Just to clear it up & put it to bed here, when I mentioned the AMG/Aston Martin engine, I was referring to the GT3 cars.

Same again with the Audi R8 & the BoP keeping that alive.

I shall be closing the Bar early tonight, as punishment & to teach myself a lesson.

Thought he’d be in a Porsche. Good stuff!

Edit: I didn’t know GT4 race with Sports Cars.

I gotta say I'm surprised too

I thought Ryder would either be driving the same car as Grandpa Tony, or at least get TQ's Cayman from last season.

The data from a whole season is just a laptop away if he got the Porsche, or by driving the same type if not the same car, they get to drive together in co-driver races and tick that box on their personal wish list.

Just to mention, GT4 Australia responded to me posting about hoping a Supra and Mustang join the grid. They replied "there is a Mustang on the way. Stay tuned ".

Last edited:
I was really looking forward to the Sandown 3-hour for the GT4 category.

It was only going to be three 60 minute races on the Sunday, but now the category isn't even going to show up.

Delays with the arrival of a number of cars, means the first race of 2024, will be at Phillip Island.

Bitter sweet.

No mention by the Speed Series of how they intend on filling those 1 hour gaps in the program either.

Back