Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,869 comments
It's running 720P just fine for me.

I must say these cars look much better than the GT3 cars.

Mike Skeen just posted this on his facebook page. Apparently they had planned on running a Dodge Challenger in CTSCC GS class back in 2011 but the program was scrapped before it saw competition.

12802782_10101647345997339_864631625391821191_n.jpg

Mike Skeen just posted this on his facebook page. Apparently they had planned on running a Dodge Challenger in CTSCC GS class back in 2011 but the program was scrapped before it saw competition.

12802782_10101647345997339_864631625391821191_n.jpg
That's unfortunante really, could've had a late 60's looking Trans-Am battle in GS. :indiff:

That's unfortunante really, could've had a late 60's looking Trans-Am battle in GS. :indiff:
I think the Trans Am series should make a sub-series that focuses on production based cars in addition to what they have now. Would be nice to see production based Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers out there battling it out. (other 2-door V8 powered cars welcome too)

I think the Trans Am series should make a sub-series that focuses on production based cars in addition to what they have now. Would be nice to see production based Mustangs, Camaros and Challengers out there battling it out. (other 2-door V8 powered cars welcome too)
That'd be neat. TA3 could potentially be molded into that (it's a little too production based possibly though lol).

That'd be neat. TA3 could potentially be molded into that (it's a little too production based possibly though lol).

They have that already, it's the TA4 class.

They have that already, it's the TA4 class.
If only Nissan would make that iDX NISMO. Then, it could go against the 2-series. ;)

But I think we'd like to see it attached a series which has actual coverage and interest.

I was just merely pointing out that the class exists in the series that was proposed to host it. As for interest, they had 78 cars at the season opener at Sebring and I believe they have live streaming (they did last year at least).

I was just merely pointing out that the class exists in the series that was proposed to host it. As for interest, they had 78 cars at the season opener at Sebring and I believe they have live streaming (they did last year at least).
Let's be honest here, not a ton of people knew about it or watched it.

I was watching CBS Sports Network earlier today and saw some of the racing action from Circuit of the Americas. Fairly good racing action for the most part. I really have to say though... I first started following the series mostly in 2001 when it was then known as the Speedvision World Challenge, and I even remembered seeing a few events from 2000 back in 2001 that was on the former Speedvision (which today is FOX Sports 1). The cars that race in this series and the many different drivers of different talent levels... this series has come a long way and has evolved greatly. I certainly loved seeing the GAINSCO boys and the beautiful McLaren race car by the boys from Dallas. One native Texan won in class in one of the races at COTA in the World Challenge ranks.

Cool stuff. New season. Game on.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/03/14/mostert-set-for-bmw-bathurst-6-hour-start/
Chaz Mostert will make an early return to Mount Panorama when he takes part in the inaugural Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour later this month.

The Prodrive V8 Supercars star is set to share a BMW 335i with long-time friend Nathan Morcom in the Easter Sunday race.

It will mark the first time Mostert has been to Bathurst since his season ending accident during qualifying for last year’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.

“Nathan Morcom and I have been friends for a lot of years, we used to race with each other in support categories,” Mostert told theWestern Advocate newspaper.

“When I heard they were doing the six hour, I was like ‘yeah, it would be bloody good to have a crack.’

“It is just a cool weekend to be there racing the BMW at Bathurst.”

The 6 Hour falls on the weekend between Mostert’s Albert Park and Symmons Plains V8 Supercars commitments.

Mostert and Morcom will be aiming for a hat-trick of victories together in the BMW, having teamed up for outright success in the 2011 Eastern Creek 6 Hour and a class win at the 2012 Phillip Island Australian Endurance Championship meeting.

“It is one of those cars that is really nice to drive, you really don’t have to spend long in the seat to adjust, it’s like second nature,” said Mostert of the BMW.

“It is not as fast as the V8, but it is still a hoot.

“Most people are going to go on a holiday over Easter, so it’s going to be pretty cool to do your passion at Bathurst.”

CJ Wilson Racing will run a second Cayman GT4 at Sebring with Tyler McQuarrie and newbie Till Bechtolscheimer.

10604112_1124748790902499_8155862769141010779_o.jpg
I don't remember seeing Tyler race recently, he's been pretty focused on drifting the last couple of years. Just saw his new 2016 FD livery on his Camaro...looks good, hopefully he does something with it this year (unlikely). I would think there would be other drivers out there that are fresher and faster, but perhaps there's some sort of personal connection between him and CJ. Good looking car though 👍

I am seeing the newer Ginetta machines as well as the KTM GTR X-Bow machines in Pirelli World Challenge. Very unique to see KTM in this series with their offering. Then too, World Challenge is no stranger to unique and diverse racing machines.

I don't remember seeing Tyler race recently, he's been pretty focused on drifting the last couple of years. Just saw his new 2016 FD livery on his Camaro...looks good, hopefully he does something with it this year (unlikely). I would think there would be other drivers out there that are fresher and faster, but perhaps there's some sort of personal connection between him and CJ. Good looking car though 👍
He had been racing the Miatas for CJ Wilson the last few years.

He had been racing the Miatas for CJ Wilson the last few years.
Even last year? I don't remember hearing his name called at all, and I'm sure I would have made note of it if I had, as I enjoy watching drifting and FD as well, and hold guys who do both racing and drifting in a bit a special regard. I could have completely missed it though...would be the first time :lol: :Dopey:

Even last year? I don't remember hearing his name called at all, and I'm sure I would have made note of it if I had, as I enjoy watching drifting and FD as well, and hold guys who do both racing and drifting in a bit a special regard. I could have completely missed it though...would be the first time :lol: :Dopey:
He only did two races last year for CJ Wilson Racing.

He did Daytona and CoTA in the Mazda as well as Laguna Seca and Road America in the Porsche.

Back