Production Car Racing (GT4, CTSCC, PWC GTS/TC, MX-5 Cup, etc)Touring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,837 comments
It seems that next year's Gulf 12h will be GT3-only (this year they had 4 992 Cup cars, as well) and there will be a support race, Yas Island 6h for GT3 and Cup cars. For now the only per se confirmed Cup cars are the 992s, apparently they're super popular - I mean, I wouldn't mind having one as a track car for sure - but other single-make cars (aka Ferrari Challenge, Lambo Super Trofeo) have the potential to be there, too, as long as the organizers can agree on some stuff with the manufacturers. Monsieur Ratel has also shown interest to have GT2s on the grid.

I for one support this as I love this kind of mixed field, one of the things that's so fascinating in NLS and N24 or the Bathurst 6h. I hope there will be a nice 30+ grid with a good mixture of cars and classes.

EDIT: just checked the same news on dailysportscar.com, interesting tidbit about the Cup cars:

The inaugural Yas Island 6 Hours will take place under lights on the evening of Saturday 9 December 2023 with one-make ‘cup’ cars, including Porsche 911 GT Cup (992), KTM X-Bow GTX, Lamborghini Super Trofeo and Ligier JS2R, and GT4 machinery will be welcomed.
Gotta say, I really like the Ligier JS2R, just like I really liked those Venturis back in the day in the BPR series. One could say that I'm biased towards French cars because I had a Peugeot 307 2.0 for 3 years (107k kilometers) and drove my mom's Xsara a lot (she just sold it earlier this year after 23 years, basically on the day she put the ad up...) - but the BPR Venturis were before we ever got a French car :)

Last edited:
Just a reminder (after all the GT3 news in the article) that the G82 M4 GT4 makes its competition debut next month at the Dubai 24h:

Century-Motorsport-2023-BMW-M4-GT4-2-690x460.jpg

Tbh I'm not too fond of the nose of the G82 but at least as a GT4 and GT3 racecar it's bearable. I wish they'd have used the nose from the CSL Hommage R...

Yeah, I’m not too fused with the rear glass of the race cars. Just can’t wait for the M4, Mustang, Z and Supra to battle. Hoping a Mustang and Z can make it the European series.

I'd like to see the Supra do something in IMSA. Are they competitive in other GT4 series? I haven't seen them do anything in the Michelin Challenge series here. They're present, but while Mustangs, Camaros, Porsches, BMWs, Mercs, etc. are battling...the Supras are always struggling at the back of the field.

I'd like to see the Supra do something in IMSA. Are they competitive in other GT4 series? I haven't seen them do anything in the Michelin Challenge series here. They're present, but while Mustangs, Camaros, Porsches, BMWs, Mercs, etc. are battling...the Supras are always struggling at the back of the field.
Yes. In GT4 European Series, they’re competitive. Top ten and podium finishes since debut. Only two to three run for the season though, but in a field of 40+.
Competitive, in their class, in Super Yaikyu. Much smaller field, but a good mix of cars(AMG, R8, G55, 718). Would be nice to see more GT4.

Hope the Australian GT4 series kicks off the a good start. TCR Australia has really grown and the racing got better each event. Lots of current production car racers would do good to join GT4.

Would also be cool if it races here:
Three, 40 minute races for GT4 Machinery and Australian Production Car racers will add to the Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour support program in 2023.

Following the recent announcement that GT4 vehicles will compete alongside the broader 2023 Australian Production Car Series, a series of three sprint races at Mount Panorama next Easter will showcase the new partnership between ARG and Australian Production Cars while at the same time supporting the headline 6-hour enduro.

The Bathurst races will be open to all eligible GT4 machinery in Australia.

It will be the first time that GT4 vehicles will have had their own showcase races at Mount Panorama or more broadly in Australia, allowing them to compete without the pressures of sharing a circuit with much quicker GT3 machinery.

The multi-class affair will also be open to eligible Australian Production Cars not outfitted with endurance racing capabilities, including those not entered for the Bathurst 6 Hour and those teams not making the entry cut-off for the main race on Easter Sunday.

Overwhelming demand for the 2023 Bathurst 6 Hour has seen the event attract 85 entries for the 70 grid available grid spots, meaning some cars will not make it through the entry selection process.

However, these new 40-minute sprint races will serve as a place for cars that do not make the cut-off to continue to compete at Mount Panorama that weekend, while also acting as a place for reserve competitors for the Bathurst 6 Hour, should there be any late minute withdrawals from the main race.

Should spaces open on the Bathurst 6 Hour grid across the event weekend, those who elect to participate as reserve entries will be selected based in order of their qualifying performances for the sprints.

Coverage of the GT4 / APC races at the Bathurst 6 Hour will be included as part of the expanding Stan Sport and Nine Network broadcast package for 2023.

Riley managed 2 podiums in '22 and a better car is on the way.

It was going to happen, eventually. Saitama/Yokohama Toyopet Green Brave, are now Shibuya Toyopet Green Brave.

New for 2023, they’ll be running the GT4 Supra in ST-Z, as the Crown RS replacement, run in the ST-3 class.

57F5BD6C-00EE-4732-9B0D-78DC09A78E44.jpeg

Last edited:
The Mustang Dark Horse R will apparently be the featured car in a potentially new spec series.

It will be interesting to see how it does in an already crowded market with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche and Mazda having well established series’ as well as Ginetta and Toyota also trying to get spec series going in the states.

I guess Ford know what they’re doing, but the GT4 would seem like a more logical option. This way it can have Multiple uses. Guess we’ll see. If it can be like Porsche Carrera Cup and sustain that type of participation, great.

Went outside to grab my Uber Eats delivery and could hear the S5000 cars. Keep in mind I live on the opposite side of the city.

Back