I'd imagine Professional makes the car more arcadey and more forgiving. As it's a wheel option I'd hazard a guess that this is related to what happens when you turn the wheel more than necessary. In real life (and therefore simulation) you understeer badly and lose speed, it probably stops you from being able to do that.
Yes simulation is real.
I suggest you use Professional but without any assistance, ie TCS, Anti-Skid, etc.
I just kept ABS at level 1.
There it is more forgiving that in Simulation but still offer a not to far away challenge.
I was just going to say, the way when you select the option (the DFGT and pro I think aren't lit) I was under the impression it only affects the older wheels.
I thought this affected whether it simulated the actual steering of the vehicle (ie multiple revolutions to turn sharply) or if I could just drive the Miata with simple 180' lock to lock.
I thought this affected whether it simulated the actual steering of the vehicle (ie multiple revolutions to turn sharply) or if I could just drive the Miata with simple 180' lock to lock.
AFAIK there is no way to do that. I wish there was because I like to use the paddles for brake and accelerator (instead of the foot pedals) but you can't with a 900 degree wheel.
I tried all 3 settings and could not tell a difference using the DFGT nor the PWTS. I have it set to sim anyway as that seems like where it should be when driving a sim