Progression and handling

• Thread starter Stoney3009
  • 86 comments
I also bought the C8 because it was 50% off in the showroom.
The C8 is a very nice drive too. đź‘Ť

The British C-class events are really annoying. I went with the Caterham but it just can’t compete at Hockenheim - the grip levels the AI has is just blowing me away!
I was tempted for that one too, would have been my second pick, thanks for the headsup. :lol:

The British C-class events are really annoying. I went with the Caterham but it just can’t compete at Hockenheim - the grip levels the AI has is just blowing me away!
Me and my mate noticed glitches in hot lap times. Not registering wen under the time or invalidated lap wen crossing the start line on group A hot lap races. I will say spent about 10 more hrs on the game today and had a blast.

Been playing since Tuesday. Won D and E World Series but the invitations have not been unlocked for winning those. I watched GameRiot on YT unlock them but I can’t, anyone else had this issue?

I managed to collect 600k during the race. But than a cold shower. The game rewarded me with only 180k exp which was enough for 31,000 Cr. :banghead:
I believe that's a known bug, that XP actually being awarded is 33% what the game tells you on-screen.

Hi. I am 25 hrs into the game and I have to keep going back to buy cars which I cant afford to finish off 1 or 2 stars. In group b there are 3 cars u need in one champion ship. Money is so tight so u can't buy more. The handling of hyper cars is broken in some cases. And the settings mess the game up. Itels really confusing. Sometime it handles great and then the car will stop dead in corners. Livery changes to default in championships. Really like this game but want more money. I only have 4 cars. And don't want to sell them just to go back for a couple of stars I don't get. Weird set up. What do u think. I am stuck at group A and can't progress as I need a berlinetta, Italian sports and can't afford it. We're do u get extra money in game as in custom events you don't get it. Oh. Keep getting booted out of online and I have great Internet

Lobby's are broken, booted in and out all the time . Crashes in game. I love the progression but no dosh for getting all these nice cars I have 4 cars after 25 hrs game play. Stingy. And I have to sell one or 2 to progress to get more cars for group A to continue. Head scratcher
There's a money glitch you can do. Look it up on youtube. I jave not tried the glitch

Been playing since Tuesday. Won D and E World Series but the invitations have not been unlocked for winning those. I watched GameRiot on YT unlock them but I can’t, anyone else had this issue?

Yeah, I'm having this issue too.

Not sure why people are having trouble getting credits. I was playing around with that first car just running short races around daytona in custom mode ans was getting anywhere from 22k to 50k+ per 5 lap race and in that car 5 laps around that track takes about 6 minutes. Given the price of the cars it is easy to earn enough to buy any of them in just a few minutes. My problem is that I can't get the dead zone out of my wheel so the game drives like garbage. I tried for hours to get the steering to work right, earned well over 1million credits but still drives worse than anything I have played in the last couple of decades.

10 lap custom race at Daytona oval in my GT86 gave me this:

upload_2020-8-29_12-3-5.png

Easy money and XP

The problem is the career, not credits in general. The problem is that you have to grind outside the career to progress in the career.
Ok, I only did the first part of career and I did notice the credits there were lower, I probably won't do any more of the career until they fix the steering issue as it is just far to aggravating having to saw the wheel back and forth constantly just to try and go straight. If I had a real car that drove like that it would only leave the driveway to the shop or junk yard ;)

Ok, I only did the first part of career and I did notice the credits there were lower, I probably won't do any more of the career until they fix the steering issue as it is just far to aggravating having to saw the wheel back and forth constantly just to try and go straight. If I had a real car that drove like that it would only leave the driveway to the shop or junk yard ;)
What wheel are you using? No issues with my T300rs

Did some multiplayer earlier today and it did not seem to earn any credits. Is it just me?

Fanatec CSR Elite. My brother is having the same issue with the TX 458 wheel as well, both on PC
Sorry about the wheel issues. Seems if your going to release a racing game you should make sure it works with racing wheels. Damn.

great stuff. What car did u use on the hit laps. As I have a maxed out merc amg at 299. But can't nail the last target. Doing my nut in. Also here's a good one. I am level 13 today. And getting 21k per level up on very hard difficulty. I put a race conversion on porsche 911 and lotus exige, maxed them both out full pir. They are beasts on gta open class now. So, point being this opened up tuning slots. High grip and high speed which u can change at the start of each race in the start menu. And u also get 300hp of kers which u use with the LB button in race.. Really really fast. It replenishes over the lap too. Highly recommend spending 50k on opening up gt open classes and upgrading at leat one car. It makes the game more enjoyable from the grind. I am loving this game. Just hope they patch a few handling issues on cars and glitches in graphics. Later

I believe that's a known bug, that XP actually being awarded is 33% what the game tells you on-screen.
Only happens in that race. Usually I got the xp shown on the screen. Well now I know at least that is not good for grinding.

getting anywhere from 22k to 50k+ per 5 lap race
Are those credits or xp? However us ordinary people that can't get access to glitches are getting very small amount of xp in short races. Usually not enough for a single lv up. So no money.

10 lap custom race at Daytona oval in my GT86 gave me this:
I'm getting 42,000 xp for 10 laps on Daytona. Enough for a single lv up.

Only happens in that race. Usually I got the xp shown on the screen. Well now I know at least that is not good for grinding.

Are those credits or xp? However us ordinary people that can't get access to glitches are getting very small amount of xp in short races. Usually not enough for a single lv up. So no money.

I done a 99 lap race at moave yesterday. Leveled up x2 on legendary. Only took half hr or so. Great little oval track.

Will give that a go today

To be honest I haven't put this game down since day 1.i was a bit stelressed at first with money grind but now it's opening up money wise and xp. Lots to do. And the lobby's have been respectful mostly. The difference between lower class cars and gt is amazing. I k ow that's a no brainer. But this game becomes so much more fun later on. 95 percent of all tracks are amazing. Weather and graphics dodgy. But hey its only a patch or 3 to sort that

I done a 99 lap race at moave yesterday. Leveled up x2 on legendary. Only took half hr or so. Great little oval track.
Half an hr for 99 laps? I love that race. Have done it 3 or 4 times but it's nothing special in terms of xp/min.

Are those credits or xp? However us ordinary people that can't get access to glitches are getting very small amount of xp in short races. Usually not enough for a single lv up. So no money. .
Credits, get more XP than that. The amount of credits vary I never was able to put my finger on why but after several races It seemed that the credits went higher as my level went higher. You appear to get credit bonuses for leveling up and maybe for other awards but I never could tell for sure. At around level 3 I was getting 22.5k for 5 laps in the stock GT-86 for a win with a full field of AI cars. At level 10 I was getting over 40k every time but there were several times along the way where I got over 50k. I think the most I got was 77k for one 5 lap race and I got about that once from a 10 lap race also but then when I ran another 10 lap race I only got 13k so like I say it is tough to put your finger on what the race actually pays.

In any case you can win enough credits to buy cars running that short little race pretty easy. If you run the car stock and set the AI to use the same car it is pretty easy to win with the setting set as hard as they go so you can get some extra XP for that as well. After winning 25 races there I had 3 cars and 1.1 million credits, was lvl and get a 100% discount on parts for that car so upgrades are free for it now. 10. 25 races is about 2.5 hours in that car. Less if you use something faster.

The drawback of course is that driving a 140mph car around a 2.5 mile oval is a bit boring to say the least.

Last edited:

I'm getting over 50K every minute for just doing the breakout at monza.

Went from level 2 to 5 in around a hour last night.

I'm telling you people are sleeping on grinding this super easy event you get over 50K XP for doing nothing but knocking down little walls with points on them. :lol:

See every minute i get that. sometimes over 60K when a goal is met.
Project CARS 3_20200829103319.png

Last edited:
See every minute i get that. sometimes over 60K when a goal is met.
View attachment 953334
I know. But that event is an GT A class. I haven't unlocked GT B yet. :)
I will try some early brakout if desperate. Not the one with the Corvette.. for sure. I hate that one.

The drawback of course is that driving a 140mph car around a 2.5 mile oval is a bit boring to say the least.
Are you talking about Daytona? Because I tried it and the payout is low for me. Xbox

Are you talking about Daytona? Because I tried it and the payout is low for me. Xbox
Yes, Daytona Oval. The payout does vary depending on the number of AI and your finish position. Like I said I was seeing good pay days, at low level I was seeing 20k+ for a win and at higher levels 40k+ for a win in 5 lap races with full field. There were a couple of times I got less one race that was 10 laps I won but only got 13k another I got 77k The only difference was in the one I only got 13 k I hit one af the AI cars pretty hard from behind as I was about to lap him he moved over in front of me. Almost seemed like they charged me for repair damage but no real indication of that other than a lower than expected payout. After level 5 even 20th place was paying 13.5k for a 5 lap race.

Keep in mind that at Daytona, everytime you touch the barrier your XP gets reset to zero.

A few days ago a D class Jag SVR was on sale, it was already stock almost at the end D class. After using it for what I could in D class I upgraded it to C class and did all of “Best of British” with it. Heck, I even golded 2 of the Road C Basics Hot Laps where my other Road C car (the 2020 Corvette) failed to do so (I upgraded that Vette a bit too much with handling and should have gone with a bit more power/handling mix).

Back