Progression and handling

• Thread starter Stoney3009
  • 86 comments
To be honest I haven't put this game down since day 1.i was a bit stelressed at first with money grind but now it's opening up money wise and xp. Lots to do. And the lobby's have been respectful mostly. The difference between lower class cars and gt is amazing. I k ow that's a no brainer. But this game becomes so much more fun later on. 95 percent of all tracks are amazing. Weather and graphics dodgy. But hey its only a patch or 3 to sort that

I agree that after the initial XP and credits struggle in road E and D there is a bit of a grind needed, but indeed after a while it opens up. I still only have 3 cars that I use in career so far (GT86 in road E, Jag SVR in road D, then C and the Vette C8 in Road C). But I’m a sucker for buying discounted cars as well, so I also have the McLaren P1 and Bugatti Chiron in my garage without being able to use them in career. :)

I still got some stuff to do in Road C. GTC has opened for me as well (got no car though and I refuse to buy any car full price) and some invitationals are now open as well.

Plan to just buy the daily discount car and nothing else for a while. I’m sure eventually I’ll be active in every class.

Keep in mind that at Daytona, everytime you touch the barrier your XP gets reset to zero.
Really? I never noticed that although I rarely ever hit the barrier it did happen a few times when I tried to pass on the outside either because an AI squeezed me into it or because the messed up wheel support pulled me into it. I got quite a few XP every time I ran it though so wasn't an issue. It is best though to try and pass on the inside just watch out in the corners as that flat part is pretty slippery.

Keep in mind that at Daytona, everytime you touch the barrier your XP gets reset to zero.
Wait... WHAT???

You can LOSE XP?

IS THIS JUST AT DAYTONA OR IS THIS EVERYWHERE BECAUSE I'M HITTING BARRIERS LEFT AND RIGHT on basically every track

Wait... WHAT???

You can LOSE XP?

IS THIS JUST AT DAYTONA OR IS THIS EVERYWHERE BECAUSE I'M HITTING BARRIERS LEFT AND RIGHT on basically every track
Yup. Don't know if it's just Daytona, but I was grinding a custom event for XP and saw my XP drop to 0 every time I touched the barrier. Screen goes red for a moment and boom, XP gone.

Breakout with the Porche 911 GT3 RS at Daytona Road in Road B class is also a decent one.
I did the Porsche one a few times and agree it's quite good in terms of xp/min. But now that I reached lv12 I just do regular races. Money is not that of an issue anymore. The grind is not so terrible... unless I decide to collect every single car. I will eventually collect everything. I have time.

I've been driving enough custom events that I've saved 100k credits so far just investigating the handling of different cars, confirming various physics benchmarks, trying out the new tracks, and getting a feel for the game and its quirks. :)

But now that I reached lv12 I just do regular races. Money is not that of an issue anymore. The grind is not so terrible... unless I decide to collect every single car. I will eventually collect everything. I have time.
Yup, career economics start to make sense once you're around and about driver level 10.

Yup, career economics start to make sense once you're around and about driver level 10.
The only thing that annoys me is the fact that I have to buy specific cars that I don't want right now. I had to buy 4 different GT A cars to complete the series. That is more than 800k for just one class. Ok, I could have made the racing mod for the 911 GT3 from the road series saving 100k credits. Well, can't go back since the cars are not worth selling.
Yeah.. not a game braker.

I finished a shopping spree :gtpflag: Bought over 30 cars all the high profile ones and still have over 109.000.000 credits :lol:
initially, I was going to say how jealous I was of you. However, you have put in the work and you have earned it

Congrats

initially, I was going to say how jealous I was of you. However, you have put in the work and you have earned it

Congrats
Good thing is i'm enjoying the game since i don't have to worry about money and it even makes me forget about the ugly graphics :D

Good thing is i'm enjoying the game since i don't have to worry about money and it even makes me forget about the ugly graphics :D
I'm glad you're enjoying the game. Once we clear our minds of what we thought this game should be and just allow it to be what it is, it's quite a bit of fun

I'm well aware that I may be the only person on this website who doesn't think the graphics are bad. I played it both on the PS4 Pro and the Xbox One X and I don't see what everyone else sees. Is partially because I don't have young eyes anymore and partially because I'm so fixated I'm the cars that I'm battling on track cuz I don't look up.

Has anybody tried IndyCar's at Indianapolis for XP? It seems like it should be a good one but both attempts at longer races the game has frozen (around lap 20 and both times it's been on the short chute between turns 3/4), it's a fun race against the AI so I'm not too upset but curious whether others are having the same.

This is custom race, borrowed car, standard PS4.

@Benny44 About your level question.

This are from two other post on how levels work.

HBR-Roadhog
As for farming XP from what little I did with it my impression was that shorter races were better than longer ones. For one thing you get extra XP for xnumber of wins on the track and xnumber of wins in the car. Where I was having the best results was running 5 laps on Daytona then after the race where it had awarded credits and shows your car level up there is a restart button. Hitting that throws you right back into the race menu where you can start another race with very little delay. It warns you that unsaved progress will be lost but I did not see any issues from doing it, still had the credits xp and awards same as if I had hit continue just a lot faster getting back into the race that way.

At level 10 I was getting 5-7k credits per minute in a slow car. XP I have no idea it seemed like I was completing at least 1 or more awards in most of the races. Apparently it only shows two awards even if you have completed more during that run.

I assume that per minute amount would be higher with a faster car so long as you can drive it clean and win.

Also it seemed that the credits did not change with the difficulty level but did with the number of AI on the track. XP of course was higher at higher difficulties. I was running most of the races at highest settings, max AI and no assists.

Chikane_GTR
Cash is fix doesn't matter what difficulty you use.

Every level has 10 tiers and every tier you level up to you get a fix number of money and that doesn't Change.

I'm on level 26 and i'm getting 29,500 every tier up from level 25 which was 29,000 so it only went up by 500.

So on lever 26 i'll be getting in total for each tier.

10 x 29,500 = 295K And that's not gonna change.

Has anybody tried IndyCar's at Indianapolis for XP? It seems like it should be a good one but both attempts at longer races the game has frozen (around lap 20 and both times it's been on the short chute between turns 3/4), it's a fun race against the AI so I'm not too upset but curious whether others are having the same.

This is custom race, borrowed car, standard PS4.

oh great i'm not the only one with this problem :D
Game crashed on lap 17 and 18 at the exact same place, on the pc version. i went back to 5 lap races and get between 80-100k per race. you hit more goals (master the track, wins at indy..) this way

oh great i'm not the only one with this problem :D
Game crashed on lap 17 and 18 at the exact same place, on the pc version. i went back to 5 lap races and get between 80-100k per race. you hit more goals (master the track, wins at indy..) this way
I guess I'll try a few of them, I wasn't fully doing the longer races for XP, the AI are actually good fun racing in packs.

Easiest for xp I have found so far is a 99 lapper at knockhill trioval takes about 20 mins and you can get around 700k
Do you get the actual 700,000 at the end of the race though?

Every time I have tried it the in-race XP counter says that but post-race I get 300,000.

Yeah fair point I actually think it tops out at 363k, still for 20 mins it’s not bad, hope they fix that though
It is far faster to do 10 laps at Daytona for a consistent 399,000 XP. 404,000 with a Chiron Sport. No collisions though.

It is far faster to do 10 laps at Daytona for a consistent 399,000 XP. 404,000 with a Chiron Sport. No collisions though.
How come you guys are getting those results? I am running 99 laps at Daytona and by lap 10, I only acquired ~100,000xp.

How come you guys are getting those results? I am running 99 laps at Daytona and by lap 10, I only acquired ~100,000xp.
I'm only getting somewhere between 20,000 and 60,000 XP during the entire race. But when I cross the finish line, it always jumps to 300,000~

Hi does anyone have good controller settings? I am starting out in the Toyota 86 and getting destroyed on medium a I and medium aggression, yet I race on pro on Forza and gt sport professional a I and I can win :( bit disheartening when I can’t win the first race and still trying to get used to handling haha :(

Stock Toyota 86? It's a slowpoke, the best car to start its the Mitsubishi. Anyways, I think the most important thing coming from Forza (as I do) is to get used to the brakes, which in PC3 are way more responsive and have more travel before locking than in Forza, even if they don't rumble.

The British C-class events are really annoying. I went with the Caterham but it just can’t compete at Hockenheim - the grip levels the AI has is just blowing me away!

The British C events were the most infuriating events I have encountered so far in the game. I turned difficulty and aggression all the way down just to get it over with.

The C8 is a very nice drive too. 👍

It does handle very nicely, but for Road C it's not particularly quick. Most of the cars I upgraded to Road C from lower classes are quicker.

Stock Toyota 86? It's a slowpoke, the best car to start its the Mitsubishi.

I disagree. If they are both stock, then yes the Evo is quicker. But when upgraded to just shy of the Road E PIR limit, the GT86 is significantly quicker than the Evo. When they are upgraded to Road D, the Evo becomes quicker. When upgraded to Road C, they somewhat even out. I started with the Evo and regretted it when I bought the GT86 and found that it was much better.

Last edited:
Back