Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
This is the one that is ruining my game. I don't have the time to dedicate to full length qualifying sessions every race, and when I've set a vastly superior pole I should be able to skip to the end of the session safe in the knowledge P1 is mine.
But... no. AI become super machines who can set impossible lap times in that microsecond. Unplayable atm.
I think they need to fix the qualifying skip to end but I don't think my position should be a lock (P1 for example) - if there's time left that means the AI "could" run better laps and claim the pole. I think they need to "realistically" calculate the AI's qualifying times with the remaining time in qualifying.

Well this is a new one. Everything was fine yesterday when I finally found enjoyable Immersive FFB setting. Drove with the setting for many laps with different car/track combos. Today my wheel felt lighter during first lap. Hmm, maybe the tires are cold. Then 2nd lap... boom... wheel becomes heavy. Huh?? Exit the track. Re-enter... wheel remained heavy. Restart game... heaviness is gone. Then 2-3 minutes of driving... suddenly heaviness returns. Restarted PS4... problem still reoccurred in the same pattern regardless of car and track.

Decided to test Raw flavor with low Gain and Volume. Let's see if heaviness suddenly occurs. Nothing. Then I start tweaking Raw flavor to my preference... weight of wheel remained constant over many laps.

Is something buggy in the Immersive code as it compresses/filters/auto-adjusts? I chose Raw to test against the oddity I experienced with Immersive because Raw is unfiltered.

PS4 standard
T300RS
Digital deluxe v1.03

Whenever I pit the pitcrew aren't there (after requesting a stop and getting the confirmation back). I can imagine this becoming a big problem when I get into the longer races.

Whenever I pit the pitcrew aren't there (after requesting a stop and getting the confirmation back). I can imagine this becoming a big problem when I get into the longer races.
I hade them appear once...but just stand there...then send me out...

Racing online today I couldn't hear my car at all. Not sure if it was a connection issue or game issue. It was fine yesterday.

Hi, all racers

First, I'm very impressed with PC 2, really an improvement over PC 1.

However, I have experienced the following bug or maybe I have not found a solution.

1: I can´t turn Virtual Mirror on, it is enabled in options.

2: Why can´t we not still make a restart race in multiplayer.
Why is it not possible to skip session in multiplayer.
Why is it not possible to vote to next session in multiplayer.
3: Where is the dedicated server described, maybe it is the solution to the 3 previous questions.

4: You can´t change the car class when the server is created, in to lobby in multiplayer, so if you start the server in GT3 class and you agree in the chat, that we'd rather play gt4 then you will need to create a brand new server.

5: It´s not possible to see how many laps the race is in qualifying. That makes it hard to plan a pit strategy if you have not seen it when logged on to the server as well as fuel consumption.

But as I said, it may be me who did not find the right settings, so I hope you can help me even fatter race.

SMS i love your game but we players need to understand , how is it possible to launch a game with so may bugs in all plataforms with the previous game experience
You must give us a explanation
Did you have to launch the game in a hurry?
Please explanation

Any fix to this issue.... Pcars 2 is automatically sharing my setups on the time trials. Is there any known fix for this ? The share feature in tuning setup is constantly black and white.I cannot highlight/select this feature any at all.

SMS i love your game but we players need to understand , how is it possible to launch a game with so may bugs in all plataforms with the previous game experience
Please explanation
Don't worry Project Cars 3 is coming out next week ....:lol:

I think they need to fix the qualifying skip to end but I don't think my position should be a lock (P1 for example) - if there's time left that means the AI "could" run better laps and claim the pole. I think they need to "realistically" calculate the AI's qualifying times with the remaining time in qualifying.

Fully agree! I don't want to "skip to end" and have all currently recorded AI lap times locked in, but the huge jump they all make at the minute is absurd.

Another bug.

Vehicle Select screen shows every vehicle has ABS TCS and SC when they don't. Move around enough and it will fix itself.

Please explanation

I quite agree...so many issues....so few answers.....really disappointed.....

If I had to guess Bandai Namco would of been chomping at the bit to get it out in the window before Forza and GT come out , As it currently is I think it could of done with another few months before it was released . Don't get me wrong I love Pcars but it's going to take a bashing by the more casual player that doesn't bother with the forums

Hi, all racers

First, I'm very impressed with PC 2, really an improvement over PC 1.

However, I have experienced the following bug or maybe I have not found a solution.

1: I can´t turn Virtual Mirror on, it is enabled in options.

2: Why can´t we not still make a restart race in multiplayer.
Why is it not possible to skip session in multiplayer.
Why is it not possible to vote to next session in multiplayer.
3: Where is the dedicated server described, maybe it is the solution to the 3 previous questions.

4: You can´t change the car class when the server is created, in to lobby in multiplayer, so if you start the server in GT3 class and you agree in the chat, that we'd rather play gt4 then you will need to create a brand new server.

5: It´s not possible to see how many laps the race is in qualifying. That makes it hard to plan a pit strategy if you have not seen it when logged on to the server as well as fuel consumption.

But as I said, it may be me who did not find the right settings, so I hope you can help me even fatter race.

Your virtual mirror will save and remain enabled if you change your Hud Level to Light. Just enable it in the Hud settings and save it under the Light option.

XBOX ONE
THRUSTMASTER TX

the Game has a bug that activates insane vibration (not FFB) even though its completely disabled.

And to top it all off - this only happens in RACES so far not training.

The issue wasnt there on friday but now is and i didnt change anything.

Rating it 1 Star on Xbox till this is fixed.

Friend of mine has a fanatec and it doesnt even show up for him.

Ok thats me done for the night, 3 different lobbies, 3 different qualys and then screen just gets stuck between sessions:

XBOX ONE
THRUSTMASTER TX

the Game has a bug that activates insane vibration (not FFB) even though its completely disabled.

And to top it all off - this only happens in RACES so far not training.

The issue wasnt there on friday but now is and i didnt change anything.

Rating it 1 Star on Xbox till this is fixed.

Friend of mine has a fanatec and it doesnt even show up for him.

I have the exact same issue on the Thrustmaster TMX.

That is something unexpected I can say.

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20170924_211147.jpg
    PS_Messages_20170924_211147.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 105
Absolutely loving the game, but there’s just little niggling problems.
PS4 pro when I start up the game it takes a good 30 seconds to go to the intro screen with it freezing for 5 seconds as the video is going over the mountains, then the obvious slow menus but one thing I’ve noticed is..
on Saturday when online and going into the setup menu it freezes the game for 10 seconds (annoying but not the end of the world) then when online yesterday that time went out to 21 seconds so I’ll try it today hopefully it isn’t getting worse and worse.
Also when coming back into the main menu because you exit a session (single player or multiplayer) it takes me around 60-70 seconds for the game to unfreeze on the menu for me to navigate through the menus.
Anyone else had these big freezes?

So I've been absent for a bit, and received my PC2 pre-order in that time. Haven't played it yet, as I haven't gotten my new wheel yet. Now I come here and see that PC2 basically has all of the bugs that were in PC1 after all the patches + more. Seriously SMS? Also, features from PC1 that aren't even in PC2. Thinking I should return the game since it's obviously as broken as PC1 was at launch, going off all the reports here. I could definitely save myself some money by getting the $100 back that I paid, and then re-purchasing the game when it's in the bargain bin, provided the bugs have been fixed.

C'mon SMS, I've already got PC1 if I want to play a good, but ultimately broken simulator. I didn't need another busted game that didn't live up to expectations.

Edit: So much for the bugs in PC1 being down to a lack of play testing. Be interested to see what excuse you come up with this time...

My Profile / Affinity / Field of View is wrong, I always use field of view cockpit and it is reporting EXTERNAL.
I think Filtration by DEGREE apparently is not working, I'm getting into any lobby.
driving characteristics seem to be different between running online and offline
(using the same car and standard settings)

Few more issues I've noticed during Private Test (given up on Career due to setup file problems)...

Helmet Cam - sometimes helmet, sometimes no helmet (seems random).

Saved Laps Times - Can not find a way for my fastest laps to be saved. REALLY annoying!! No options that I can see to save before exiting the session. When exiting says all progress will be lost!! Anyone else got this issue - or know if I've missed something basic?

Awesome game - but bugs are starting to wear thin...

One more thing...

Race Director is a ****. Way too severe. If car fully off circuit then ok - delete time. If any part of the car is still within track limits then time should stand.

Also, what's with deleting the time for the next lap if you run wide three or four corners before the end of the previous lap. No advantage gained what so ever.

Aarrgghh...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you break your working headlights in a night race and watch the replay after the race, the lights never go out. Instant replays are fine though.

Whenever I do a race with AI, my car keeps swerving from side to side while I'm trying to drive in a straight line. This does not happen with the same car, track, and settings while I'm in free practice mode. I'm running on Xbox One with a controller. Someone please help.

Could they please have it so when you restart a race the damage to the bodywork goes away and the car is restored? This is stupid with having to back out fully and reload everything.

Latest Posts

Back