Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
The "race director" is a total a:censored:e sometimes. I can start my lap on the straight, not be anywhere near any cars, or off track, or near the pit exit, and all of the sudden my time is instantly deleted, ruining Online qualifying sessions. This has been a constant recurring factor and it's pissing me off.
This happens if you gain an advantage from the last corners of the previous lap. So it may be that you went of track towards the end of the previous lap.

Can anyone please help me with a temporary fix for setups? They seem to sometimes save and sometimes not. At times they reset to default and sometimes load the setup for a completely different car!?!?

Hello,
I have a DD wheel from simracingbay and finally got the game to recognize the wheel.
Now I am trying to troubleshoot why I am not getting ANY FFB from the game. I have tried all the flavours and nothing seems to work.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?
FFB works fine in AC Raceroon RF2
It's as if the game is not sending any telemetry to the wheel......
thanks in advance

Hello,

Could someone help me .

Got problem with community events and time trials. After the many atempts the lap times do not save and when i leave sesion, it says that there is no personal time set ...

Also can not see friends time trial times .

By the way - lap times were clean..

This happens if you gain an advantage from the last corners of the previous lap. So it may be that you went of track towards the end of the previous lap.
I didn't though, I didn't touch the curbs at all on the chicane, or the final turn before the start at Nurburgring GP.

Having played the game for around 5 hours, on Xbox One, I can only say I am rather dissapointed in the most unsatisfying way. Seriously!

The game is absolutely amazing. The car selection is great, the sounds are spectacular, all features needed for proper racing are there, the menus are very intuitive and Live Track is bloody fantastic but the image perfomance and online network is absolutely horrendous.
The game is rarely 60FPS and the constant stutters are a deal-breaker, specially online. They seem to be happening either because the console is underpowered and can´t run the game or the internet connection doesn´t add up. There is no consistency! Stutters, lag, low FPS alongside dropped connections when entering a lobby leaves a rather horrible taste in my mouth. Even more when this game has everything to be used on e-sports and league races.
I have a 100MB connection with good upload so it is hardly my fault. To make matters worse, this happened in PCars 1 too even after all the patches which tells me it is not going to be fixed.
Hell, I could even excuse those small bugs and the aliased mess that the Xbox One version of PCars 2 is but I want to race properly and at the moment it is rather impossible or very glitchy and an inconsistent experience.
Which is why I am dissapointed, the game is a huge missed opportunity.

Hopefully the Xbox One X fixes some things but right now and probably in the future this won´t be my main simulator, which has awesome physics, purely because the online is a mess.

Great Game But..

In Career mode, Tier 3, GRA - PS4 Slim

Driving the Audi during Qualifying the engine sound is normal, in the race the engine sound is gone, you are left with either an electric car sound or just the turbos, I’m not sure which but the engine has gone.

Sometimes In Qualifying everyone will be about 1:30 and one car is 0:28.. Sorry, no screen shots

Great Game But..

In Career mode, Tier 3, GRA - PS4 Slim

Driving the Audi during Qualifying the engine sound is normal, in the race the engine sound is gone, you are left with either an electric car sound or just the turbos, I’m not sure which but the engine has gone.

Sometimes In Qualifying everyone will be about 1:30 and one car is 0:28.. Sorry, no screen shots
You sure you're not playing pCARS1? :P That happened a lot, even to this day. Not good to hear about its return..

I think the HUD is very buggy. Mine disappeared without any warning. In theory, we should be able to configure it freely but from my experience, that simply won't work the way it should. Rear view mirror is there... then it disappeares. Next, the whole HUD is gone.

I think the HUD is very buggy. Mine disappeared without any warning. In theory, we should be able to configure it freely but from my experience, that simply won't work the way it should. Rear view mirror is there... then it disappeares. Next, the whole HUD is gone.
Having the same problem. Basically the exact same issue as the first game at launch. :rolleyes: Although it that case the HUD elements wouldn't stay fixed rather than disappear.​

When driving at night, sometimes weird looking shadows will appear on the track. They look like they belong to something, maybe a car, but nothings there. I saw that at Laguna Seca.

And yes, this sounds kinda creepy.

Xbox One, Fanatec Clubsport V2, Pedals V3 & shifter with the latest driver

Out of the box the wheel works, but if I try to calibrate or edit buttons then pedal & shifter don’t work

Resetting to default allows it to work again

Last edited:
Just had AI take over my driving during an online race at Le Mans. For no apparent reason it just took over and I can't stop it!! Damn it's slow. I'm still waiting to see what happens at the end of the race :(

Can anyone please help me with a temporary fix for setups? They seem to sometimes save and sometimes not. At times they reset to default and sometimes load the setup for a completely different car!?!?
I've got the same issue. SMS must surely know about this - can't believe it wasn't picked up in testing...

First race in championship in F Rookie, qualified 1st, 1st on grid, first lap doesn't count no matter what I do beat everyone easily and I basically start a lap down everytime

to clarify, PC, VR, First lap is not triggering... I have to do two laps to get it to register that I have completed a lap.
then counts laps as normal. 3 attempts at race restarts so far

Last edited:
Update all my teething problems are fixed! :D The only bug I thought I had in the game was actually me! :lol: I am working through the menus slowly again by adjusting the settings and taking time to go through each one reading the help boxes including my photomode problems!!

Some how I had turned off 'post processing filters' the first time I set up the menus, thinking it was to do with exterior sun glare! This then stopped all filters in the second photomode menu.💡 👍

I'm assuming this issue hasn't been raised before. Couldn't read all the previous posts.

Animation exiting the pits in cockpit view. Wheel stays stationary when cars turns till auto-pilot is deactivated.

I'm gonna theow my two cents in the ring here. I love the game (rallycross is AMAZING) and I can deal with a lot og the bugs here but I really would like to see the AI first lap behavior worked on, especially with Formula A and Formula X. Going from a standing start like a proper F1 race should, you really have to be good with ypur timing on the green light to avoid getting rear-ended by the car behind you taking off like a rocket! Seriously, I can have a perfect start but get hit before I'm even insecond gear! And the AI need to e more cautious on the first lap to avoid those pileups.

PS: Anyone plying on the Xbox, you can fix the full field frame rate drop by hard resetting your console then only running PC2. I was able to run a full 32 car 4 class grid in a thunderstorm at night at LeMans with little issue.

I love the 'cooldown lap' feature after a race but when I entered the pits all the pitboxes were full, so the autopilot had to drive through (with the wheel locked at 45 degrees to the right, for some reason) and do another lap. The pitbox was then empty second time around but had two lollipop men in different-coloured suits glitching over the top of each other.
Silverstone Classic, GT3, race against AI, PC, VR.

(Like pCARS 1, it seems like I'm doomed never to be able to pit properly at Silverstone Classic)

First race in championship in F Rookie, qualified 1st, 1st on grid, first lap doesn't count no matter what I do beat everyone easily and I basically start a lap down everytime

to clarify, PC, VR, First lap is not triggering... I have to do two laps to get it to register that I have completed a lap.
then counts laps as normal. 3 attempts at race restarts so far
I had that too. Luckily just the one race so far

Latest Posts

Back