Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
Rather than read up on 10 pages of stuff, I'll list out my findings so far.

1) I had a PS4Pro crash upon entering an online lobby, submitted the error report.

2) How about more clarity on-screen when I click continue and I end up leaving the race after the qualy? Confirmation prompt anyone?

3) My very first career race I get the pole and while I'm in 1st place on the grid, the lap info in the top left corner says I'm in 12th place. Had to restart the game before it got corrected.

4) I'm having a hard time just changing the fuel amount and saving my setup with said change. It shouldn't be that hard should it?

5) The most annoying one I'm saving for last. Even on my PS4 Pro and HDR10 TV, I'm getting massive jitters when someone enters/leaves the race lobby. OMG please fix!

Jerome

Whenever I pit the pitcrew aren't there (after requesting a stop and getting the confirmation back). I can imagine this becoming a big problem when I get into the longer races.

This happened to me on algarve ps4. Only solution is to close out of the game completely then re open. This only happened in practice sessions so far, so I can tell if it's going to happen or not if there's a guy waving me out of the garage. As for an actual race, hasn't happened to me yet.

At first, I LOVE THIS GAME !!!!! really really nice game ! good job !! but i have found some bugs/problems on on xbox one too.
Please have a look to my list:

• Wheel (logitech G920) goes crazy if you have it on 0° (goes wild left right left right) even if you stay on start before the race starts. This problems is solved if you move 1° left or right... only on 0°
  • optical damange will not repaired if you restart the race
  • If you change different settings in the tuning the tire pressure goes higher and higher
  • setup names change automatically to different car names or track names
  • huge freeze of 1-2 second if someone joined your online session (like in pc1)
  • replay video - all cars are frozen, only my car is driving
  • replay video crashed sometimes of you goes forward or backward in time
  • dont know if this is a bug or not: very often times problems with overheating the engine after 4-5 rounds (enginge blow up a round later with a DQ...)
  • car lights are off on my car in night race replace videos (all other cars has lights on)
  • no spotter sound
  • leaderboard : there are drivers without a Car, a Ghost, a controller, and a setup (s. Screenshot -> https://www.pcars-forum.de/attachment/21608-pc2-7-png/
    is this a bug ? or does they cheat ? ?
Kind regards Eru

Last edited:
Just had a pretty strange bug. Doing a WEC like race at Fuji going from Light Rain to Light Cloud. Set my strategy for the next stop to swap to AI. Next lap, the AI took over and I hadn't pitted and pulled into the pits and then the race ended.

Hy everyone, i found a bug, in carreer mode, on the rx lites championship, dirt fish pro Rallycross, when the semi finale start, i run first place, but the game put me on the 5th place with 1lap late on the opponents !

Ok... let´s go.
I want to love this game... probably because i spent 99 euros in it :dopey: and i was a early backer of the first title... that i really enjoyed..
it´s amazing to see the weather engine, it´s amazing the number of tracks and cars in the game, the graphics are impresive and the phsysics... well it´s too soon to see the whole game in perspective ... BUT the cons are more than pros at this very moment IMO... my problems: (ps4 pro on 4Ktv)
- Video intro issues (bleach filter on??? ;);)).. minor problem
- Some crash errors entering on online lobbys... important fix required
- fps drops (online races) .. important fix required
- Offline carrer :For me, the BIG PROBLEM; i´m not the fastest racer but i have a experience in racing games (pc1, gt series, iracing, LFS, rfactor1&2, assetto... etc) and i know i have a very constant pace, then... i don´t care if my AI slider is on 120 or 30, the IA is totally inconsistent... too fast on FP and Q sessions... but in RACE is too slow ... impossible to adjust (perhaps only in the series i played.. but its something to fix NOW or this game mode is unplayable .. frustrating).. important FIX required if we want to have offline modes (and yes... i want to XD)

- Weather problems: ... i´m not sure if AUTOMATIC TYRE STRATEGY is working or not... yesterday i was racing 2º on silverstone with rain... but in the last minutes the car becomes undriveable...and was undriveable not on TURNS, on the MAIN STRAIGHT ... i have to test it more deeply to be sure

- in conclusion: i want to play it ... but i have no time to play online all the time then i want a decent offline mode and i want it soon (gt sport is preordered too and honestly, to race online, i have too many alternatives ;) )

thnks.. :gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

It´s mostly a bunch of small bugs, i´m thinking to help SMS we could do separate lists for each category, like AI, Graphics, Menus, Driving, so that it makes it easier for the developer to fix these little things.

The virtual mirror disappearing each race on my customized HUD and the magical times when advancing qualify are bugging the hell out of me.

Guys I can't adjust screen size in "TV CALIBRATION", i try every button on my PS4 controller and nothing happens. Is this a bug or what am I missing?

Today I did 3 races online and experienced 3 different bugs.

1st race - Fuji - on the start/finish straight a solid block appeared on the track, people had to go around to avoid it.
2nd race - Oulton Park - i was 9th place out of 9, racing director gives me a drive through penalty... for not giving 10th place back!
3rd race - Sakitto Sprint - during qualifying, after two corner, my car becomes a ghost for the rest of the session.

Good game SMS

If you play this game sitting real close to the monitor, this is what the graphics look like:

2qcj7lw.jpg

Some hanging around the car shadows:

hs9r1s.jpg

t5ot51.jpg

It seems like the shadows are showing up around the car all the time but not on top of the car.

Today I did 3 races online and experienced 3 different bugs.

1st race - Fuji - on the start/finish straight a solid block appeared on the track, people had to go around to avoid it.
2nd race - Oulton Park - i was 9th place out of 9, racing director gives me a drive through penalty... for not giving 10th place back!
3rd race - Sakitto Sprint - during qualifying, after two corner, my car becomes a ghost for the rest of the session.

Good game SMS

I made a race online and in the first corner I lost the braking point, I waited for the contact but my car turned into a ghost and avoided the shock and soon after it returned to normal. I did not know this was possible in project cars 2.

Presented with the Ginetta Junior trophy video. Afterwards, the camera is just wobbling around with a still shot of the cars heading into Turn 2 — from the replay that was playing behind it — and the game is completely unresponsive to any buttons. I can use the PS button to back out to the main PS4 menu, but the only solution is quitting the application.

This is the third time this has happened post-race, and every time, the results aren't saved, forcing me to redo the race.

Little response?! How much do you see other devs get involved with discussing their game on forums?
Although the number of issues being experienced isn't ideal - the positive is that most people seem to find the game pretty awesome.

I (and I'm sure others) certainly appreciate you guys tracking the forums. Given how ambitious PC2 is, I'm willing to accept teething issues. Am sure you guys are working hard to address reported issues.

I just want to thank eveyone for providing the feedback and keep it coming! The overall bug issue seems to be repetitive in the forums and a small list. But, some the bugs present at this time can make some things difficult. You should see some of them fixed in the next patch and the ones surfacing over the past few days, afterwards.

Last edited:
You should see some of them fixed in the next patch and the ones surfacing over the past few days, afterwards.

Is there maybe an ETA on when the next patch could possibly be, pretty pretty please with a helping of 93 octane on top?

Is there maybe an ETA on when the next patch could possibly be, pretty pretty please with a helping of 93 octane on top?

IDK, but the TM wheel issue surfaced on my end. I never had it, during WMD2. But, I will be looking fwd to the fix!

Last edited:
I decided to do a livestream of a gt3/4 race at Bathurst on random weather, I was stuffing around at home so decided to start a 2 hour practice session (real time progression/weather) with it been storm conditions to cloudy to see what the dry line on real time looks like, the video picks up after a few wet laps when I go to dry tyres, first bug you see is 21-22 seconds of loading time when trying to edit setup, you’ll see the time freeze then jump to the time lost, then the ai making a lot of mistakes that catches me out a few time both qualy and the race.
The race was boring in terms of fighting for position as I had the ai on 85 which was too low but couldn’t be bothered restarting but it was intensely fun with the constant avoiding I had to do because of crashes and slower cars. There’s that obvious not fixing the visual damage session to session aswell.
Edit: also get stuck for a good minute and a half at the main menu after the race

Last edited:
So many bugs and so little response from SMS... exactly like last time.

We have 5 strong issues and around 20 minor issues. The best ship we've had since 2003. I have to refute 'so little response from SMS' also. We're over every forum advising and collating and helping with workarounds if they exist until we ship the next patch. I've been doing this for a minimum of 10 hours daily since we shipped so I can't accept that.

If, you are having issues with a deadzone around center on TM wheels. Try deleting the Documents\Project CARS 2 folder. Edit: it's back!

Last edited:
i'm not sure if this is a bug or sort but, in the driving assists once you set to "full" you are given the option to turn off all the assist on the fly, i noticed once stability control is on you cannot turn off TC, but if you have stability off TC can turn on or off? should we have full control on whether we just want only stability on and not interfere with the other assists?

i'm not sure if this is a bug or sort but, in the driving assists once you set to "full" you are given the option to turn off all the assist on the fly, i noticed once stability control is on you cannot turn off TC, but if you have stability off TC can turn on or off? should we have full control on whether we just want only stability on and not interfere with the other assists?

I noticed this on cars that don’t have assists (I run authentic) but when jumping in a V8 supercar for example I can still change the traction control and abs, although it does absolutely nothing haha

On PS4 Pro:
Weird stuff: the driver does not appear on the car when I look my opponents during qualifications time.
Basically we see empty cars driving by itself. The driver appears when the camera is very close to them. Pretty odd... Here a screenshot. Just the neck of the driver appears.

@IanBell
The game is awesome indeed. Many many things is great but too mores bugs a this time. And in PS4 Pro I cannot believe this is the full potential of Madness Engine. Too more clipping and no AA... I hope a spec patch will be applied in some weeks.
The base off the game is great. Just need the polish for the finish.

Sorry for my English.

Attachments

• 1506388613032753013219.jpg
    1506388613032753013219.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 42
Back