Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
Xbox One/Xbox controller

Career mode: can't drive straight, my car seems to pull to the left or right pretty much all the time. This is noticeable even at 60 km/h, at high speeds it's very hard to control the car. No issues with the same car/track combo outside career mode?

Career mode: lost driver/career progress completely three days ago. Not much else to say about this, it was just gone when I started the game. My first driver progress was unaffected.

So this happened again.

I was in time trial, doing some laps at the Ring. Hit Restart Session and the game wouldn't let me enter the track anymore, nor exit the time trial session. I could only edit my tuning setup or go to options, but nothing else. All I could do was exit the game, so I did. When I started the game again, my driver progress was gone :lol:

EDIT: Funny how I lost all career progress, but my car's setup is still there :lol:

Thought of some more:

1) I can't see the green split timer against the light blue sky! I know I'm up on a lap time, but can't see it until the T marker.

2) Why won't it save my preferred hood cam option for the next race? I have to remember to press my cycle button like 5 times... hella annoying!

3) Soften up on the pit lane warnings/penalties, OH.MY.GOD! Worst part about the game so far >_<

Jerome

Potentially not the most important error, Helio Castroneves' name is spelt wrong in the career Indycar championship.

When you return to the pits during a practice or qualifying session your fuel doesn't refill. You have to click edit setup then allow your setup to load and it will refill the car.

5 laps into a 10 lap race at Bannochbrae, all the opponents cars stop dead on the track, half a lap later, blue screen. I only did 2 races today.

Good game SMS

@IanBell, please ignore the insulters

In the spirit of constructiveness, I will report issues. So here's a little annoyance...

In a Career mode replay, I chose "cockpit" view, confirmed that I was "in the cockpit view", hit the button to send replay back to the beginning, hit PS4 triangle to hide the UI stuff.

Sadly, when it resumed, the view was back to "Trackside"

I was practicing setting up to record a video. Here's my driver, "Behring Euler" confirming it for you

PS4 Pro with 1080p and HDR via HDMI. Logitech G920 emulating a G29 via DriveHub. Software level V01.00.0842

EDIT 1: The replay control which resets to the start of the replay always changes the view to "Trackside"

EDIT2: Usually, pressing the download button removes the download button. Today the button re-appeared later, so I ended up with two saves of the same replay

IMG_5829.jpg

Last edited:
Just had an online race in which only two of us were in the race, the other guy was a bit crashy and quit the race.

Didn't get booted, the host moved over to me, finished the lap of the ring and got awarded the win.

Wasn't everyone booted from the lobby at launch if the host quit?

Just had an online race in which only two of us were in the race, the other guy was a bit crashy and quit the race.

Didn't get booted, the host moved over to me, finished the lap of the ring and got awarded the win.

Wasn't everyone booted from the lobby at launch if the host quit?
I've never been kicked from a lobby in pCars 1 or 2 when the host quits. It always migrates the host to someone else. People might be confusing getting kicked by the host with the host leaving and the room closing.

It may be a bit harsh to call this a "bug", however, given it causes confusion, there's room for improvement IMHO.

I'm at the loading screen for the Career race at Snetterton 200 with a Ginetta. Bottom right on my screen is an image of said Ginetta. Next to that image I see the words "VEHICLE RECORDS" (in caps). Beneath that is the name of a player and a time, presumably the player's best lap time. Since it says "Vehicle Records", and not "player records" or "world records", I'm assuming the time was achieved in the Ginetta. Or it might have been achieved in a car of the same class as the Ginetta. In other words, I'm assuming that the displayed lap time actually has some relevance to the event I am about to participate in, since it is on the loading screen for that event.

Wrong, wrong and wrong! The time posted is not in a Ginetta or anything like it. In fact it is faster than the best time in the Time-Trial leaderboard, at a shade under 64 seconds, whereas the Time-Trial best time is a shade over 64 seconds today.

Why is this here?

Man the qualify skip bug has been crippling my career playthrough so I'm happy to see that @IanBell is hoping to fix it up.

I'd love to have the time to sit and wait for a 30 minute qualy to end once I set my time but unfortunately not. :(

Issue within Photo Mode.

When I take a picture, it acknowledges that I have pressed "Take Photo" and then proceeds to take the photo. However, it keeps clicking and doesn't show the menu as it should.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Seeing as ranting might work. Ian Bell caused the demise of the WTCC and hates Marcello Lotti*.

*Unconfirmed. Marcello told me to say this. :P

Last edited:
Thanks so much for responding @IanBell , I have every confidence that these issues are going to get ironed out. I'd rather enjoy all the functional parts of the game while waiting for the fixes, than wait for perfection.

Are keyboard mapping and third party device support also coming in a PS4 update?

Hello all, not posted on here for a while.

There appears to be an issue on Knockhill RX on PS4. The joker loop doesn't register correctly. Thinks you have done the Joker when you have taken the normal route? happened a couple on times in career mode and I keep getting deducted 5 secs!
I noticed this too, it seems you can register a joker lap just by driving close to the divider where the joker ends. I tried a race that way and got credit for a joker lap without ever actually taking one.

The bugs is all part of the Project Cars charm. Would be so boring if everything was perfect! :lol:

Yep I would be (and I'm sure lots of others) bored to death enjoying a fully functioning and playable game. Oh and this forum would be nearly empty because everyone would be so bored with playing the game they wouldn't have time to post ;-)

Just had my engine blow three times in a row in online races! Using (BMW touring car) this happend to any one else? Is this a bug? My driver rating has suffered as a consequence :(

Just had my engine blow three times in a row in online races! Using (BMW touring car) this happend to any one else? Is this a bug? My driver rating has suffered as a consequence :(

I had my engine exploded yesterday using Group A cars. First thought it was a bug but after saving the video clip and watching it again I noticed that I had a small hit to the front of my car on the previous lap after which the temperatures started rising and finally the engine exploded.. Didn't notice anything while driving but now that I think of it seems kind of cool. Propably had a leak in the radiator or something like that.

I had my engine exploded yesterday using Group A cars. First thought it was a bug but after saving the video clip and watching it again I noticed that I had a small hit to the front of my car on the previous lap after which the temperatures started rising and finally the engine exploded.. Didn't notice anything while driving but now that I think of it seems kind of cool. Propably had a leak in the radiator or something like that.

I hadn’t hit anything in one of these races, one of them I’d had a bit of an accident so maybe? and the other a small nose to tail tap that gave me 12% dmange at the front. It’s also has happend to me leaving the pit lane on another occasion.

The first time I leave the pits I receive Hard Slicks even though my setup says Soft. To fix this I click Tuning Setup and then go back out on track and the Softs are on. It never happens after the first time. 488 GT3 Sugo

1:07 - The guy ahead of me was penalized although he did nothing wrong.
1:40 - "Get closer to your lead" didn't disappear at least in this case.
2:16 - "Fake Jeff" didn't warn me about engine's temperature.

The first time I leave the pits I receive Hard Slicks even though my setup says Soft. To fix this I click Tuning Setup and then go back out on track and the Softs are on. It never happens after the first time. 488 GT3 Sugo
There's a set-up loading issue still with the retail version IIRC, will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

It's much improved internally among most of the early annoyances and will be coming in the 'very near future'.
Ian, asking for a friend: how are the console patches tested? Is it by the same external QA team that worked on the main game?

Back