Project cars 2 bug report Q&A

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 1,434 comments
Career - GT4 championship at Algarve

Qualified in 3rd (the Caymans are way too fast on the straights - I'm in a KTM) and I struggle to keep the 1st position. For the 3rd time in a row, when I'm on the last lap or second to last lap, I get rammed in the first corner (ending up loosing 6 or 7 positions). The AI does that corner at impossible speeds...so I have to brake and then they hit me. Really annoying.

Is it only me or is the fuel numbers readout in the gas gauge within the speedometer HUD very difficult to read during race? I'm catching my tail trying to gauge my fuel level and depletion during race in order to see how much fuel I have and/or have left before I need to pit. The numbers are quite small. And mind you I'm playing via a 40" 1080p HD TV.
Is there any way to make those number readouts larger before I spoil my eyes and need a new pair of glasses?

Last edited:
Is it only me or is the fuel numbers readout in the gas gauge within the speedometer HUD very difficult to read during race? I'm catching my tail trying to gauge my fuel level and depletion during race in order to see how much fuel I have and/or have left before I need to pit. The numbers are quite small. And mind you I'm playing via a 40" 1080p HD TV.
Is there any way to make those number readouts larger before I spoil my eyes and need a new pair of glasses?
Those are numbers??...I thought they were rivets...
I wonder if the programmers know there are a lot of old guys on this game...FYI...old guys have more disposable income...just sayin... if asseto came up with good lobbies, complete vintage class races like trans am, can am etc.. I'd be over there in a heart beat. Oh and also easy to read, and easy to use menus and such...

Last edited:
Something that's really bugging me seriously about game developers some are great and others are NOT.
take Cloud Imperium Games for instance who are making Star Citizen, a massive player backed space simulator game. that is incredible and will surly change game development forever. offering a realism never seen before.

They have almost finished Build 3.0 part of the game and we are so eagerly waiting for it BUT. Chris Roberts will NOT release it until all the bugs have been ironed out. they have a Test Group called the Evocati group a group of gamers who will test out the game for bugs. and play it to death to see what is wrong with the build. I thought every game developer did this. or use to do this. so how is it possible for games to come out so broken.
Chris Roberts isn't even passing it to the Evocati group yet because they have a few bugs left i believe its 1 bug left. and then it will go to test group. to see if they can find more. before i stress BEFORE it goes out to all the backers. including me.

It is surly obvious then some game developers just don't care about testing for bugs like this. ?
ive always held slightly mad studios in high regard and they are great coders. but why was this game not tested. ?

THOUGHTS FEELINGS :)

Here is a message from the star citizen team. maybe they are just really professional. Lol.
Greetings Citizen,

The road to Evocati release grew closer and closer this week. It culminated in our first “Go / No-Go” meetings to determine whether the build was ready for the Evocati. Even though the dev team was able to reduce the bug count to zero, a few fixes didn’t take. While the team pushes to rectify these bugs, the other devs are hard at work polishing the existing systems to bolster the player experience when it finally does go out to our testers.

Meanwhile, Origin Jumpworks jumped into the open canopy vehicle market with the new X1 that was teased during the Star Citizen event at DragonCon and in the 600i brochure. Seamlessly fusing form and function, the X1 is an open canopy vehicle worthy of Origin’s prodigious pedigree. Check below for further information about the X1, including details on the two variants that are also available. Finally, this week’s Around the Verse dives into the staggeringly complicated system that allows players to interact with the world around them.

Sincerely,

The Star Citizen Team

Last edited:
PS4: I'm trying to give Career Mode a go again but really having a difficult time in-game before a race in "Edit Tune" to get whatever adjustments (tyres, fuel etc) to save as a setup for car and its associated track.
Example: Career category: Formula Rookie Asian Championship
I previously raced with a Formula Rookie in the Zhuhai International Circuit. Prior to the race in TUNING SETUP (menu): EDIT SETUP, I made whatever tuning adjustments and Saved setup to new slot as advised. The setup came up saying (SETUP NAME: Formula Renault.... SETUP DESCRIPTION: Zhuhai International Circuit).

Now trying to save car Formula Rookie for this particular track (Ruapuna Park Club). I click on TUNING SETUP: EDIT SETUP and proceed to save to a new slot (Create New Setup) so as not to overwrite the setup for the previous track. The thing is upon selecting a new slot in which to save to the pop-up window that opens in which to enter the save says "Enter Tuning Setup Name" and has no associated track name for this current track (Ruapuna). It just says "Formula Renault".

I click on "DONE"..."CONTINUE" expecting to save car with associated new track but the next pop-up screen says "Name is already in use in another slot" and now there's no clue as to how to save a tune for one particular car for an associated track that differs from a previous. Lord put a hand because I have no idea how to proceed and this is a crucial part of tuning for car per track. I just cannot save a particular car for a particular track.
.......Again, this was something very easy to do in Pcars1. Why is it so difficult to do now?
Previously in Pcars1 what I would have done is go to My Garage....Choose car...tune accordingly....save tune....and simply choose All Tracks or Select whichever individual track/s. This is no longer possible to do since there is no longer My Garage or whatever as Pcars1 to choose All or Selective tracks. Other related issues I'm not even mentioning because space doesn't permit.

Very frustrated. I have now exited out of Career until there is some clarity in how to proceed to get this done.

@IanBell and/or @The_American could you please shed some light?

Last edited:
PS4: I'm trying to give Career Mode a go again but really having a difficult time in-game before a race in "Edit Tune" to get whatever adjustments (tyres, fuel etc) to save as a setup for car and its associated track.
I previously raced with a Formula Renault in the Zhuhai International Circuit. Prior to the race in TUNING SETUP (menu): EDIT SETUP, I made whatever tuning adjustments and Saved setup to new slot as advised. That setup saved with the car name and associated track as should be (SETUP NAME: Formula Renault.... SETUP DESCRIPTION: Zhuhai International Circuit). All well and good.

Now with the same car the next race is on Ruapuna Park Club. So before this race now off I go to adjust and save a setup for same car but this particular track (Ruapuna Park Club). I click on TUNING SETUP: EDIT SETUP and proceed to save to a new slot (Create New Setup) so as not to overwrite the setup for the previous track. The thing is upon selecting a new slot in which to save to the pop-up window that opens in which to enter the save says "Enter Tuning Setup Name" and has no associated track name for this current track (Ruapuna). It just says "Formula Renault".

I click on "DONE"..."CONTINUE" expecting to save car with associated new track but the next pop-up screen says "Name is already in use in another slot" and now there's no clue as to how to save a tune for one particular car for an associated track that differs from a previous. Lord put a hand because I have no idea how to proceed and this is a crucial part of tuning for car per track.
Again, this was something very easy to do in Pcars1. Why is it so difficult to do now?

I have now exited out of Career until there is some clarity in how to proceed to get this done.

I'm not even gonna attempt career mode, there are so many bugs it's not worth it. Menus are not user friendly, one shade of blue over another for high lighting wtf? The cars and tracks are great, but the navigation through the menu,....can't figure it where to save a set up...could be a lot of issue with the blue on blue....it's like click...wtf? That's not what I wanted..musta been highlighting the wrong thing.

I'm not even gonna attempt career mode, there are so many bugs it's not worth it. Menus are not user friendly, one shade of blue over another for high lighting wtf? The cars and tracks are great, but the navigation through the menu,....can't figure it where to save a set up...could be a lot of issue with the blue on blue....it's like click...wtf? That's not what I wanted..musta been highlighting the wrong thing.
I did one PS4 race online last night (with Wog as a matter of fact). So many functions that I'm used to having are not available without keyboard support that I decided to put the disc in the case until the issue gets resolved. Not to mention I'm too afraid to make tuning setups because it will slow the game down. The game just isn't complete enough for me yet. I'll wait patiently... Is it fixed yet? How 'bout now? No? Okay, I'll check back in 20 minutes. :lol:

The biggest issue is with tyres. They do not work properly making career mode unplayable.

Please try for example the qualify of the last Ginetta junior race in brands Hatch or the first One of Ginetta gt5. Tyres are not working guys.

I don't know if these would be considered bugs but the game can become near impossible to play with a DS4. Unlucky for me, I don't have much room for Wheel & set up so I have to use a DS4. I hope we get an update like we did in PC1 that made it far more playable with a controller.

I previously raced with a Formula Renault in the Zhuhai International Circuit. Prior to the race in TUNING SETUP (menu): EDIT SETUP, I made whatever tuning adjustments and Saved setup to new slot as advised. That setup saved with the car name and associated track as should be (SETUP NAME: Formula Renault.... SETUP DESCRIPTION: Zhuhai International Circuit). All well and good.

Now with the same car the next race is on Ruapuna Park Club. So before this race now off I go to adjust and save a setup for same car but this particular track (Ruapuna Park Club). I click on TUNING SETUP: EDIT SETUP and proceed to save to a new slot (Create New Setup) so as not to overwrite the setup for the previous track. The thing is upon selecting a new slot in which to save to the pop-up window that opens in which to enter the save says "Enter Tuning Setup Name" and has no associated track name for this current track (Ruapuna). It just says "Formula Renault".

I click on "DONE"..."CONTINUE" expecting to save car with associated new track but the next pop-up screen says "Name is already in use in another slot" and now there's no clue as to how to save a tune for one particular car for an associated track that differs from a previous. Lord put a hand because I have no idea how to proceed and this is a crucial part of tuning for car per track.
Again, this was something very easy to do in Pcars1. Why is it so difficult to do now?

I have now exited out of Career until there is some clarity in how to proceed to get this done.

I'm constantly swearing during the whole process of saving/managing setups. It's maddening!

And I haven't even started career. I'm talking about casual practice runs.

I did one PS4 race online last night (with Wog as a matter of fact). So many functions that I'm used to having are not available without keyboard support that I decided to put the disc in the case until the issue gets resolved. Not to mention I'm too afraid to make tuning setups because it will slow the game down. The game just isn't complete enough for me yet. I'll wait patiently... Is it fixed yet? How 'bout now? No? Okay, I'll check back in 20 minutes. :lol:
Yeah...I'm thinking of going back to p1 or asseto until this crap gets sorted out.

Boy I think I'm going to park up until these issues are resolved too yes. It doesn't make any sense if a simple but very crucial thing like making tuning adjustments/setups and saving for respective car and track/s condition and whatnot are giving so much trouble to do or figure out. I mean it's not like I'm unfamiliar with doing them in Pcars1 so it shouldn't now be rocket science.

As it is now I don't think it makes much sense in even joining our private lobby with you guys which I love so much because without being able to set these these properly participation and enjoyment will prove to be too frustrating and chaotic. So I think I'll have no recourse but to wait and hope whatever is fixed in upcoming patches hopefully soon.

How are people having this many issues that are game breaking when I'm sitting here enjoying myself for hours on end, 6 hours straight on occasion. Am I not playing the game right? Granted I barely touched career mode nor online, but still what i have played is fine. Juse been busy with custom race, and practice mode dialing in setups. Yeah there are bugs that need to be ironed out to take this game to it's full potential but still, let's try and keep this thread to address bug specifics so we can help them work on a solution.

I agree. I think it's a masterpiece waiting to be realised. These kids need some patience.

Yeah but patience runs thin when basic things like tuning/setups, something very crucial to racing, are proving too difficult to set as they should be and thereby brings on the frustration.

It's not game breaking but I found one on Xbox where there's some pretty bad screen tearing or jumping or whatever when I change gears in helmet cam.

Last edited:
How are people having this many issues that are game breaking when I'm sitting here enjoying myself for hours on end, 6 hours straight on occasion. Am I not playing the game right? Granted I barely touched career mode nor online, but still what i have played is fine. Juse been busy with custom race, and practice mode dialing in setups. Yeah there are bugs that need to be ironed out to take this game to it's full potential but still, let's try and keep this thread to address bug specifics so we can help them work on a solution.
Are you on PS4? ...cause that's where most of the problems are occurring. And personally the career Mode is a distant second to racing online in a league to me...
that's what most of the issues are about.

Yeah but patience runs thin when basic things like tuning/setups, something very crucial to racing, are proving too difficult to set as they should be and thereby brings on the frustration.
I have a possible solution for these guys... there are some on the team that helped develop gt legends!.
That game was fantastic. The menus were easy to understand. You could share your set up with a click of a button. Upload. Click..download. The replay camera angles were many and great. The only thing p2 has better is graphics, and game chat. Guys..get back to basics...import all that great stuff you did in gt legends...!.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting a massive amount of dead zone in my T300RS. I'm pretty sure that wasn't there when I was playing GTS:Beta.

And man o man it looks like SMS stopped pawing through the track boundaries half way through. I can cut chicanes like MAD at Monza and Circuit Of The Americas. But if I get one tire over the strip at the top of Mount Panorama, I get a nice 5 second penalty with no warning, woot!

I now see why not many people get much higher than 1500, odds just dictate that you are going to be in X amount of crashes. Look out if you happen to get lucky during the first crash and then get victimized in the second, I just lost 39 points putting me back at 1500 >_< I think I'm gonna shelf this game and maybe come back to it when its been patched up to true release form.

giphy.gif

Jerome

Are you on PS4? ...cause that's where most of the problems are occurring. And personally the career Mode is a distant second to racing online in a league to me...
that's what most of the issues are about.

Yes ps4. And I'm not saying there aren't bugs. They're just not game breaking for me. A.i. needs work at t1, invisible pit crew, stutter occasionally, on packed grids etc but I feel like these can be eventually ironed out and hasn't kept me from enjoying the game

Yes ps4. And I'm not saying there aren't bugs. They're just not game breaking for me. A.i. needs work at t1, invisible pit crew, stutter occasionally, on packed grids etc but I feel like these can be eventually ironed out and hasn't kept me from enjoying the game
Glad you are enjoying the game... I suppose if I wasn't interested in on line league racing I might like it too, but I bought it for that reason. It's kinda like buying a race car that goes nuts if it's on the track with other cars.

Major bug:

During a 3 hour race with th Audi R8 LMS at Nurburgring GP, I made several pitstops. Each pitstop would go normally until I came out of the pits. My tires would be inflated about 10 psi each pitstop. The tires started the race at 24-26 psi. By the 3rd pitstop I was at 61 psi on all four tires causing the car to be almost undrivable.

I do not get how several users continue to say career is fine when tyres are broken (not heating not working) set-ups not working and not saving, snow broken and leading to non sense races, pit crew disappearing.. etc etc.

I stopped at the last race of Ginetta junior where tyres bug makes qualifying impossibile.

I tried formula rookie, formula c, Clio cup and Ginetta gt5 and they are all' broken and unplayable in a decent way. Invitationals also are messed-up.

I would like to know and see WhatsApp kind of career they are playing in ps4.

I've given the PS4 game a good ONLINE shakeout over the past two nights. I'm guessing I've given it about seven hours total now. I've stressed online because that is the majority of my game-play in real life. The game is a hot mess. And believe me, I'm probably what would be considered a "fan boy" of Project Cars. This game is just laughable at how incomplete it is. It's very late now, and I'm quite disappointed, so I'm just going to bed. I promise I will follow this up within 24 hours with details of why I feel this game is a hot mess on PS4. Currently, the only game better than Project Cars 2, in my opinion, is Project Cars. Kinda like kissing your sister, huh?

I've given the PS4 game a good ONLINE shakeout over the past two nights. I'm guessing I've given it about seven hours total now. I've stressed online because that is the majority of my game-play in real life. The game is a hot mess. And believe me, I'm probably what would be considered a "fan boy" of Project Cars. This game is just laughable at how incomplete it is. It's very late now, and I'm quite disappointed, so I'm just going to bed. I promise I will follow this up within 24 hours with details of why I feel this game is a hot mess on PS4. Currently, the only game better than Project Cars 2, in my opinion, is Project Cars. Kinda like kissing your sister, huh?
Actually gt legends has both beat....except for graphics and game chat....too bad it's not for PS4.

I think they tried VERY hard to be the first game available this fall. They succeeded... but at the cost of overlooked/unnoticed bugs.

This game is solid at its core, but needs much work. Slightly Mad ARE good at fixing stuff. We just gotta wait a bit ;(

Back