Project CARS 2 Demo Arrives on all Major Platforms

I have collectors on PS4 and downloaded demo to try on Xbox one s hehe and enjoyed it. It’s on sale for Xbox one s as well I’m so thinking of buying it. ;) 50/50 chance!!!

Improved graphics, a choice of three graphics priorities and an overhaul of the audio.

Nice! I'm going to buy a PS4 Pro so graphical options are always welcome.
PS: Is that a 911 RSR or it's just the GT3 R?

Hopefully they'll go back to having 30+ cars on track (as it was in Project CARS 1)
instead of only the 20+ cars as it is now in Project CARS 2 (PS4).

Tried it, deleted it after 1 round. Can not believe they call this game simulator?? And it looks incredibly bad. God I could try the demo.
I am sad reading this. I hope that you have a reasonable background saying stuff like this. Something more than 1 round would be helpful, otherwise, I hope that your brain simulates itself as good as SMS simulate driving...

Played it last night and was impressed by the improvements made to pad support compared to the first title (only had to set the steering deadzone to 0 and bump the sensitivity up to 40). Might pick it up in the future when I get bored of Assetto, even if It didn't feel as good.

I had PC2 pre ordered on PC. It was and still is fairly buggy. The physics are far better than GTsport but not quite AC. The graphics aren't great though, even on highest settings.

If this had a version of Sport Mode I'd be playing it. But as for now I'm addicted to GTsport for sport mode! Just not enough people online on the PC and those who are always just race the same tracks in the same cars. All racing sims/games need to adopt the sport mode. (yes I know it's just a light version of iracing, but it's great)

Last edited:
I had PC2 pre ordered on PC. It was and still is fairly buggy. The physics are far better than GTsport but not quite AC. The graphics aren't great even on high settings though.
If this had a version of Sport Mode I'd be playing it. But as for now I'm addicted to GTsport for sport mode! Just not enough people online on the PC and those who are always just race the same tracks in the same cars.
I threw PC1 in the trash and never looked back because of the bugs. I was for sure PC2 would polished and very much looked forward to it. All the reviews I read said it was buggy, so I never bothered with it. Real shame because there is a gen of a game under all the layers of crap.

Between spending hours trying to dial in FFB for every car you drive, starting a race and wondering if your setup based on tuning and practice will be loaded, making a pit stop 2+ hours into an endurance race , only to go out on worn tires, the game was a gigantic waste of my time.

Last edited:
After hearing nightmare stories about the first PCars being unplayable on a pad, this demo was surprising. The driving felt like GT to me, at least with stability and TCS aids on.

Unfortunately, that's all I have to give it for. The graphics kinda suck even with Enhanced Resolution on, at least compared to GTS, and the overall presentation feels kinda sterile to me. =/

Yeah, think I'll just stick to GT (and on occasion, Forza) from here on out.

I had PC2 pre ordered on PC. It was and still is fairly buggy. The physics are far better than GTsport but not quite AC. The graphics aren't great though, even on highest settings.

If this had a version of Sport Mode I'd be playing it. But as for now I'm addicted to GTsport for sport mode! Just not enough people online on the PC and those who are always just race the same tracks in the same cars. All racing sims/games need to adopt the sport mode. (yes I know it's just a light version of iracing, but it's great)
LOL this is exactly what PD forces on you

Improved graphics, a choice of three graphics priorities and an overhaul of the audio.

If you had a choice of getting this game on PC, PS4 or Xbox One - which platform would you choose for the best performance and looks?

Downloaded it and played with the Lamborghini and the Ferrari (I don't do open wheel racers). The cars were quite playable in the "stable" configuration, although I put the Ferrari on the grass many times... but I feel it's just a matter of getting used to it. Steering and throttle inputs feel good to me, but the brakes feel a bit numb (but very manageable.) The menus are extensive, but not difficult to follow, and I had no problem in configuring the controller to a "Forza" layout.
The sounds are OK, but the graphics are not good in motion in the Xbone, not smooth and lots of flickering and screen tearing... The skies may just well be painted ceilings, and the weather effects look worse than my GT6 as I recall them. I understand that they will be at a disadvantage on that respect compared with the flagship Sony and Microsoft titles, since those have access to all the resources of their respective machines.
All in all, maybe when I switch to the One X I will give it another try.

Last edited:
Downloaded it and played with the Lamborghini and the Ferrari (I don't do open wheel racers). The cars were quite playable in the "stable" configuration, although I put the Ferrari on the grass many times... but I feel it's just a matter of getting used to it. Steering and throttle inputs feel good to me, but the brakes feel a bit numb (but very manageable.) The menus are extensive, but not difficult to follow, and I had no problem in configuring the controller to a "Forza" layout.
The sounds are OK, but the graphics are not good in motion in the Xbone, not smooth and lots of flickering and screen tearing... The skies may just well be painted ceilings, and the weather effects look worse than my GT6 as I recall them. I understand that they will be at a disadvantage on that respect compared with the flagship Sony and Microsoft titles, since they have access to all the resources of their respective machines.
All in all, maybe when I switch to the One X I will give it another try.
It's a completely different looking game on One X, look almost as good as it does on my uber PC. Remember also that there is an awful lot more going on with livetrack 3.0, dynamic weather, dynamic TOD, massively better physics/handling engine when compared to GTS or FM7 so it's never going to be able to assign so much processing power to graphics.

Much better on a ds then PC1. But it's ugly as hell. Releasing near a Forza and GT was suicide. Franchise has potential, they just need to up the quality closer to the big two.

i wonder, is it much better on PC ?

Much better on a ds then PC1. But it's ugly as hell. Releasing near a Forza and GT was suicide. Franchise has potential, they just need to up the quality closer to the big two.

i wonder, is it much better on PC ?
Yes especially in VR ;)

And it looks almost as good on One X as it does on my uber PC. See my post above yours as to why it would struggle to look as good as the big two.

Yes especially in VR ;)

And it looks almost as good on One X as it does on my uber PC. See my post above yours as to why it would struggle to look as good as the big two.

Ahh i see, still they should have optimized it better for consoles. Unless counsel sales are just and bonus and the lion's share is on PC.

Safe to assume some they’re going to oatchnthe game? Now I may consider graveling with SWMBO to spend $25 for the game.

Back