Project CARS 2 Demo Arrives on all Major Platforms

I find the shadow flickering honestly not that bad. You are right though about the reflections in the windscreen, but there are also quality differences between the cars, so i use probably only those where the reflections are either non existent or actually pretty okay.
You have LOD pop in but to a minimal extent i think. Forza 7 is way worse and i also seen it in PCars2 and AC, its probably just something you kind of have to live with i guess.
So we can agree that all of the games mentioned have their fair share of issues. Interesting that you seem to hold different games to different standards however.

So we can agree that all of the games mentioned have their fair share of issues. Interesting that you seem to hold different games to different standards however.

I would say that because of the games strengths in certain aspects i probably dont pay that much attention to the weaker ones. That could be the case. I won't deny it necessarily

Where you unable to play GT5/6 because of the poor graphics when compared to this generation of games or how about TOCA or Colin MCrae Rally?

I have not played GT 5 and 6 or TOCA. I played CMRR though. But what does that proove? Your standards change according to what is technically possible at a given time.

I would say that because of the games strengths in certain aspects i probably dont pay that much attention to the weaker ones. That could be the case. I won't deny it necessarily
That's fair enough. I still maintain, however, that I can't understand how someone who is a racing game fan doesn't want to have PC2 in their collection, which was my original point. What it offers in terms of racing features really is unparalleled. It's ok to own, play and like them all. It's what I've always done, yes I've got games that I prefer but I have never limited myself to one console or one franchise. If I did I would have missed out on so many great experiences over the years.

That's fair enough. I still maintain, however, that I can't understand how someone who is a racing game fan doesn't want to have PC2 in their collection, which was my original point. What it offers in terms of racing features really is unparalleled. It's ok to own, play and like them all. It's what I've always done, yes I've got games that I prefer but I have never limited myself to one console or one franchise. If I did I would have missed out on so many great experiences over the years.

Well, i already said that i might pick it up at some point. But you also have to take into consideration a limited time to play. So it makes sense to limit yourself to the games you actually like most and just pick the others you also kind of have an interest in at a later point in time when the price maybe drops. Then its more viable to own it instead of paying now the full moneys and then just have it collect digital dust.

Here's my review of the demo. I have always played Gran Turismo, so my input might be a bit skewed, but I tried to review it as fair as possible.

I genuinely don't understand that if you are a racing game fan why you wouldn't want this game in your collection. It's close to AC for the handling/physics, it has a circuit roster to die for, a great selection of cars but more importantly a feature set that other games can only dream of.

I do eventually want it.. but right now most of it is amount of time available to play vs pleasure gained from the product. Since I don't get very much time and I still have plenty of content to go through on both AC and GTS, not to mention Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 (the latter I may not ever get back to), I don't see the point of getting it just to have it on my shelf for later.

Main thing I love about AC is that I don't have to go looking up FFB suggestions or selecting the correct setup from a menu for it to feel amazing for every car available in the title.

If I loaded the demo and was able to quickly get the FFB correct and drive a car and be impressed at the level I am each time I load up AC, then I would have ordered it on the spot. Like I said in my original post, the track list is what makes this title tempting.. so once I am ready to move on from the titles I already have I will likely pick it up.

Don't get me wrong - I would not say it is not good, just for me for now it is not needed.

VBR
Tried it with the DS4 last night, & I have to concur with others who've said that the controller feels great with this game. SMS have done a very good job in making it less twitchy, still not on par with GT, but not that far off. However, the graphics look poor for a PS4 game, P CARS 1 looked way better imho. Too much aliasing for my liking, low res textures, & the awful spray that seems to be running at 6FPS. Will try it out with my G29 sometime later on today & see how that feels.

Finally got around to trying it out last night, & it does work out of the box; kind of. The FFB feels ok, but there seems to be something not quite right about it that I can't put my finger on. Also, while the demo seems solid, it's just not drawing me in & making me want to play it.

Back