Project CARS 2, Forza 7, GT Sport - General Discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 140 comments
On that, pC2 does "let you know" you're running too low. The car scrapes and you'll loose speed and/or loose handling on the car so you'll have to work that height to find how low can you go (no pun intended).

At some tracks / car combos it might be worth while but not on others for sure.

Just an observation on this site. Funny how many messages Project Cars has compared to all the combined Forza titles. Even with PC1/2 being on 3 platforms to Forzas 2, Forza has been out way longer. The numbers will be interesting to note by the end of this year.

Just an observation on this site. Funny how many messages Project Cars has compared to all the combined Forza titles. Even with PC1/2 being on 3 platforms to Forzas 2, Forza has been out way longer. The numbers will be interesting to note by the end of this year.
I think on a forum where most of the members have PlayStations the game that's out on PS4 would attract more discussion than the one which isn't. Forza is also more of a known quantity despite T10's lack of info compared to SMS. It'd really have to 🤬 the bed to be significantly worse than previous games in the series.

I think on a forum where most of the members have PlayStations the game that's out on PS4 would attract more discussion than the one which isn't. Forza is also more of a known quantity despite T10's lack of info compared to SMS. It'd really have to 🤬 the bed to be significantly worse than previous games in the series.
For sure, that's a given, but when one of the oldest posts in the Forza thread, is from 2004, that's saying a lot. PCars on console, is almost the anti-Forza/GT type game, that console playing members are used to. Doesn't have the car count, doesn't have customization/personalization associated with the other titles. Even if F7 were to be the better game than PC2, it's still telling how rapid PC has picked up in discussion in 2-3 years.

I'm not too interested with strictly the number of XBOX members posts, between the two franchises(as I'm sure some Playstation owners have XBOXs as well- I used to have both consoles). Just an observation about how a relatively new franchise, is nearly talked about as much as a franchise that's been out for over 10 years.

Not only this, but in the last week or so, the Pcars 2 sub forum had more posts than the GTS sub forum, which is much more telling.

Racing fans are genuinely hyped for Pcars 2, and i believe this will show on sales, specially after the reviews are out and people start to play.

I still think people don't really know where they're headed. It is, literally, a game changer ;)

LT3.0 with STM and the new and/or revamped physics (not even talking about loose surfaces)... I think people will start to rethink and pay more attention when driving their own cars just to realise how good pC2 is in the smallest of details like, over a patch of water mid corner... :bowdown:

And do try longer stints. Just do it ;)

I still think people don't really know where they're headed. It is, literally, a game changer ;)

LT3.0 with STM and the new and/or revamped physics (not even talking about loose surfaces)... I think people will start to rethink and pay more attention when driving their own cars just to realise how good pC2 is in the smallest of details like, over a patch of water mid corner... :bowdown:

I would say knowing where you are headed depends on where yu are coming from.

THose of us who have been around the Sim Racer world from the very beginning (I'm looking at you Indianapolis 500: THe Simulation), and have seen these games evolve throughout that have a strong foundation to build off of to knwo that the step is going to be big.

@IanBell once compared the step from pCARS1 to pCARS2 as being on par, or even bigger than, the step from GTR to GTR2. I STILL race both of those titles, so I know exactly how big that step was. That alone is enough to help me set my expectations for pCARS2 VERY high.

Now, someone who's only experience has been the last 2 or 3 GT titles may not have the same background to build from, as those titles have evolved in much smaller imcrements. But if you think about how big the step from GT/Forza to AC or pCARS1 was, then that could also serve as a pretty good guide to set expectations.

Hoever, I do understand your point about the improvements brining it that much closer to reality. Every step on this evolution from Indy 500 to pCARS2 has been another rung on the ladder to get us to commercially accessible, professional level simulators.

I'm gonna go ahead and predict that Project CARS 2 will sell better than packets of Rizla at a Greatful Dead concert.
I thought they used Zigzags out there. Somehow I don't think it'll sell in GT Sport numbers unless the general gaming public are a lot more informed than I think they are.

I thought they used Zigzags out there. Somehow I don't think it'll sell in GT Sport numbers unless the general gaming public are a lot more informed than I think they are.
That's a tough comparison, given that GTS is limited to PS4 only, whereas pCARS2 is multi-platform. Not sure oyu will see a per platform breakdown any time soon.

Yeah, I know results are interesting! When comparing a vehicle in the game to RL. How close it feels! I am just waiting on the feedback!

Last edited:
Gran Turismo means something only to guys who have been playing GT since older versions.
I have 2 random examples - my buddy and brother. None of them have any interest in GTS and both are getting PC2.
I didn't even know my brother plays racing games. He's not reading forums so no hardcore gamer by any means and he is HYPED about PC2.
I think PD relies too much on older installed user base which is getting smaller with every iteration. I was one of them and have no faith in this franchize anymore.

Just preordered the PCars 2 deluxe edition for £43 on PC was going to wait until I finished up the first game but price was good. Still not sold on Forza 7 though need to try the demo first and see if they have fixed wheel controls plus no VR is a bummer.

Review wise it's going to go Forza > PCars > GTS because they are going to be reviewed as games not what actually best captures motorsport where Forza would be dead last but as a game it's certainly the best polished.

Sales wise will be the opposite though, though Forza could edge PCars if people are still burnt from the first game.

Gran Turismo means something only to guys who have been playing GT since older versions.
I have 2 random examples - my buddy and brother. None of them have any interest in GTS and both are getting PC2.
I didn't even know my brother plays racing games. He's not reading forums so no hardcore gamer by any means and he is HYPED about PC2.
I think PD relies too much on older installed user base which is getting smaller with every iteration. I was one of them and have no faith in this franchize anymore.

Yes, GT3 will always be a good memory! But Project CARS 2 has taken the spot being in WMD 2.

@F1Racer68

I don't disagree with anything you said. My point is that knowing (not counting hype here) is one thing but to actually try it...

I always had bicycles. I always loved to wheels (i have pictures of be barely walking trying to get on one and I didn't even speak it seems either). I grew up, always wanted a motorcycle, ofc (I still like 2 wheels more :P ) and I always new how it felt and every "jump" I took to till my first 600cc and took it up to 200kph...

Yeah, I knew... I wasn't prepared for it and I still remember how I felt (joygasm. minimum :D )

OFC, this is just a game and you can't compare RL adrenaline of a young kid and his dream (still love supersport class) to a sit down no Gs and no fear of crashing... but again, it's just to try to explain what I meant.

You, I have no doubt that can imagine the step up. But for those coming from GT - this is GT Planet :D - and without trying GT:S myself although knowing everything else on PC even very recently I and others were caught by surprise in one of the physics thread, while discussing what we though was could be an issue (we were wrong... very wrong), hence why I said that.

YMMV but I know and anyone will be able to do the same soon, how close it is with the FFB on my CSWv2 at least.

Add VR to that and even not placing that 1st gear in the right place (where 2nd would be in a common car) in the controller mappings can mislead you :D (much like racing gearboxes on motorcycles are inverted kind of mislead).

Disclaimer: no need (nor do I want) anyone to trust me (or reviews - good or bad - for that matter). Soon anyone will be able to try. But please, don't just do 5 laps at a time but if you must, use TT as conditions are always better and you won't complain that that low power car won't reach top speed or not accelerating properly. And no, it's not your throttle pedal... it's just the wind against you :D :D :D

I don't think it's a matter of wheel grade. I'm not saying it's not important, I'm saying that I can drive the same on a spare G27 (that some how came back to me and it's still here!?).

I've spent so many hours on a dfgt (still have but no pedals) and the above G27 so I know it can be fun. It's just not strong enough now though, you won't see me complaining about it. I think it's important to keep in mind the HW limitations and keep things in perspective. I can't expect to react as fast on "my" (it was once) ageing G27 as I do in my cswv2. But TBH I'm impressed how good I can handle the same car on the same track and do the same laptimes although, not as consistent... Those pedals really are hard to adjust after load cell for so long :D

Sure I miss some details and lose a bit immersion but because I'm still able to react in the same conditions it means something is right, right?

And ofc, we all have our preferences (lighter, stronger,... whatever). So defaults might not be everyone's preference (FFB utopia :))

You can find all sorts of different settings on the same wheel model at wmd2 but the end result is what matters. And if they do (sure some will, for whatever reason - no sarcasm here), I bet someone will pop up with a solution or a tweaker or even just a fine tuned slider adjustments... all 4 of them :D :D :D

It's much easier now to tailor ffb, if needed, for your taste. There's no excuse not to ty them and stick with defaults just because they suit you. Do experiment, i'm sure there's something in it to improve for you even if a little bit (we all want what's best for us, right?)

The great thing about this time is all these three games coming out at the same time.

Reminds me a bit of 2004, when Colin McRae 2005, Toca Race Driver 2, Underground 2 and Nascar Chase for the Cup 2005 were a good snack for the big daddy GT4 coming out in late December.

Now we have less, but if you consider WRC7 and F1 17, you have five great games in a span of two months.

Let the games begin, next week is just around the corner.

Latest Posts

Back