Project CARS 2, Forza 7, GT Sport - General Discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 140 comments
AC (its the left, correct?) sounds way better the PC2. Its as if someone stuck a recorded in front their TV to record PC2 sound.

AC (its the left, correct?) sounds way better the PC2. Its as if someone stuck a recorded in front their TV to record PC2 sound.
Or maybe Kunos used a compressed, distorted and fuzzy onboard footage audio from YouTube. Because in reality the cars usually don't sound like some attached GoPros at the roll cage try to sell us ;) that's what they do in AC. They sound like low quality GoPro footage.

Or maybe Kunos used a compressed, distorted and fuzzy onboard footage audio from YouTube. Because in reality the cars usually don't sound like some attached GoPros at the roll cage try to sell us ;) that's what they do in AC. They sound like low quality GoPro footage.
I'll need a source for that outrageous claim.

I'll need a source for that outrageous claim.
You posted it yourself. Just listen to it ;)

And I didn't say that they actually did that, but it's possible.

And the "that's what they do in AC" shouldn't mean that they use this method!! I wanted to say that some sounds "do sound like this in AC".

AC isn't listed in the title of this thread but I think this is the best place for this:

I wish comparison videos would include a real life clip as well. As far as the far sound goes pCars 2 sounds more realistic to me compared to the VLN video with maybe a little bit too much induction noise. Especially the transmission whine which is very exaggerated in AC. The comparison video does show off how much more alive the track looks in pCars 2. The sky looks really good too. The driving looks as similar as you can expect when comparing 2 videos.

And the "that's what they do in AC" shouldn't mean that they use this method!! I wanted to say that some sounds "do sound like this in AC".
I posted a video with sound. I didn't make any factual claims about how the developers recorded their game audio, that's on you. Do you have the game or are you making your claim based on YT videos you listen to on your tv speakers?

again, I don't claim anything.

It's just my opinion of some sounds. In this case the Cayman GT4 sound.

yes I have AC.

I love AC, but they do have a problem with car sounds. I don´t know what it is, but it´s like they all have the same pitch. Maybe it´s their processing, i don´t know. It has good sounding cars but compared to Pcars it loses on most comparisons. All of this is just personal view, of course. Sound is very subjective, which is ironic because you can compared to real life and still different people have different takes on what sounds better.

This is what you claimed.

then maybe you should read my other posts:

it's my opinion about some sounds, not a claim.

Last edited:
I had a dream... A dream where people would stop posting yt as reference for sound and Wikipedia as "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy"
Then I woke up and panic :D

Especially the ones recorded with a GoPro mounted on the roll cage.
I have 30year old cassetes that sound better !

I had a dream... A dream where people would stop posting yt as reference for sound and Wikipedia as "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy"
Then I woke up and panic :D

Especially the ones recorded with a GoPro mounted on the roll cage.
I have 30year old cassetes that sound better !
What else are people supposed to compare too?

What else are people supposed to compare too?
Real Life (tm)
And then you'll say "but for cockpit sounds not everyone can know" to wish I'll reply "that's why I trust Devs properly captured samples" and you'll add "then why sound differ from sim to sim" and I'll finalise the subject with. Different car used, tech used, sound engineer design direction, personal "mark" - like artistic liberty, ..."

/End

Real Life (tm)
And then you'll say "but for cockpit sounds not everyone can know" to wish I'll reply "that's why I trust Devs properly captured samples" and you'll add "then why sound differ from sim to sim" and I'll finalise the subject with. Different car used, tech used, sound engineer design direction, personal "mark" - like artistic liberty, ..."

/End
I'm glad you have the world figured out.

Having my fair share of RL race attending, yt sure isn't a reference. It can give an idea at best.
Being taken as holy word is wrong.

That being said, yes. Not all sounds are final yet so in some videos it can sound about off or totally wrong.

Saying yt is real... Nope. I can't accept that.
But I'm ageing and my hearing is not as good as 20yr ago :P

I'm excited for this game. The physics look very close to ac now, which would make it a masterpiece. This and 2k18 is all I'm buying until FH4.

I wouldn't call AC a masterpiece but it is the game that I've felt gave me the best connection with the car, through the wheel + visual + auditory feedback, of all the games I've played. Especially in the street cars.

I should check my notifications first. :lol:

Edit: @GTsimms When you says when suspension tightens do you mean as it compresses from downforce?

Last edited:
I don't really expect a detailed answer here, but can you go into detail about what exactly is being simulated that others might not or speciafically what pCars 1 doesn't?

Examples: Project CARS 2 is like in a different world compared to the 1st title. It simulates the downforce properly on vehicles around 100+/-mph. You can feel the suspension tightening properly through the wheel. Braking from these speeds feels really good, too. The wheel resistance at speeds feels great compared to RL. This is with cheaper wheels non DD wheels, that I am using. I am expecting DD will bring it to another level after ordering Oculus Rift, today. Which I am waiting for Fanatec and TM specs/reviews on DD. When Patrick Long made the comment in the Porsche Passion video after the 3:10 mark. This is what I want." < I completely agree with this statement. Project CARS 2 is what I have been looking for in a simulation for decades and it is a great experience!

Examples: Project CARS 2 is like in a different world compared to the 1st title. It simulates the downforce properly on vehicles around 100+/-mph. You can feel the suspension tightening properly through the wheel. Braking from these speeds feels really good, too. The wheel resistance at speeds feels great compared to RL. This is with cheaper wheels non DD wheels, that I am using. I am expecting DD will bring it to another level after ordering Oculus Rift, today. Which I am waiting for Fanatec and TM specs/reviews on DD. When Patrick Long made the comment in the Porsche Passion video after the 3:10 mark. This is what I want." < I completely agree with this statement. Project CARS 2 is what I have been looking for in a simulation for decades and it is a great experience!
That's what I was hoping you would say. The simulation of underbody aero at speed was the only major physics flaw I could find in pCars 1. Hence why a lot of people would run minimum ride height in the front and rear of GT3 cars. I've also heard of certain ride height tricks people use in AC to go faster that are very unrealistic.

Back