Project CARS 2 Gamescom Trailer Shows off Racing Action in 4K

Clearly some footage from VR in that trailer. I though we weren't getting VR on console? The title of the vid says it's PS4 Pro. Is this really PC footage, or maybe the Pro is getting VR?

Clearly some footage from VR in that trailer. I though we weren't getting VR on console? The title of the vid says it's PS4 Pro. Is this really PC footage, or maybe the Pro is getting VR?
Not sure I agree about the VR footage. All the head movement was on the horizontal which can be achieved by clever use of the look left/right control. There are also significant options for camera movement due to G-Forces, camera shake etc. which give a very immersive feel to the game. The game looks better than that on my PC at 4k so I'm pretty confident that is PS4 footage.

34 days! Just 34 days (of long waiting) and meanwhile jump on the TGV hype train if you have not done already. This looks and sounds so good. And add the preview footage we've already seen. Angels do exist :cheers:

Last edited:
That really does look great, I think I've decided where my pre Christmas game buying budget is going this quarter :)
Does anyone know if it handles better on a PS4 controller than its predecessor ?

That really does look great, I think I've decided where my pre Christmas game buying budget is going this quarter :)
Does anyone know if it handles better on a PS4 controller than its predecessor ?

General consensus is that it has been reworked for controller, even those using controller on a pc have commented on the difference.

I used a wheel exclusively with PCars 1 so missed all of the furore surrounding the controller. However, during the development of PCars 2 I have been using a controller quite a lot to give feedback. I've been using an Xbone controller and have found it to be really good stock and with a couple of tweaks to speed sensitivity and steering sensitivity it fell pretty much spot on.

Back