Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Can you answer this? How deep are they into the development of the game?

What do you mean by deep? If you meant how much they have changed then not by much so far, the dev doing a lot of prototype tech and content such as cars and tracks have begun making. Nothing complete or presentable, one of the new car model put into testing few months ago is as high poly as Need For Speed 2 SE cars.

Last edited:
Ok i'll be the cat in the hat and say it

A track editor is my most wanted feature for PC2. Like the one from GT6 but with less restrictions and able to be use on Any pc or mac

Just imagine :dopey:
You make a track on your pc and then just upload it to the SMS servers then which can be downloaded into the game
Or atleast that's how i think it would work

I actually think it's already enough for a new title if they properly implemented all features planned and promised for part one. Now with the addition of off-road racing, which is obviously another big thing content-wise and programming-wise, I'm afraid it could be the same with the current title when things were buggy, halfheartedly working or completely left out.

Ok i'll be the cat in the hat and say it

A track editor is my most wanted feature for PC2. Like the one from GT6 but with less restrictions and able to be use on Any pc or mac

Just imagine :dopey:
You make a track on your pc and then just upload it to the SMS servers then which can be downloaded into the game
Or atleast that's how i think it would work

A working livery is already enough for me. :dopey:

I actually think it's already enough for a new title if they properly implemented all features planned and promised for part one. Now with the addition of off-road racing, which is obviously another big thing content-wise and programming-wise, I'm afraid it could be the same with the current title when things were buggy, halfheartedly working or completely left out.

A working livery is already enough for me. :dopey:

That's what gets me nervous when it comes to Pcars 2 so far. I hope it's not super buggy at released.

That's what gets me nervous when it comes to Pcars 2 so far. I hope it's not super buggy at released.

I do hope the consoles build is more stable this time, I remember SMS did mention pCARS 1 QA for console started way too late to spot and fix them.

I do hope the consoles build is more stable this time, I remember SMS did mention pCARS 1 QA for console started way too late to spot and fix them.

Also, the QA was outsourced to a third party. I believe Ian said the console QA for pcars 2 will be done in house.

No what Ian actually said was words to the effect that they "out sourced QA" basically on the cheap...yes the console versions that last time i checked had PS4 at about 65% and xbone at about 20% of sales...they did QA on the cheap...but guess what next time they will do it in house.... well thank God they are going to spend some of that profit on something useful...

What i could never understand was SMS saying this time the cut off point for being a member was £50 "to keep out the idiots and trolls"..hmmm like £50 is going to keep out idiots?

Did anyone ever look into the legal wranglings that SMS were nearly getting into, they even poked the FSA hornets nest.... just been reading about it, some noobs sank 25 thousand dollars into PCARS...

I found it an interesting read..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-driving-ambition-pcars-crowdfunding-and-the-fsa

Last edited:
It sounded rather suspicious back then, fund a game for $5 as an investment and get back your money when t release some day. It is the whole micro investment thing that lured FSA here, it sounded really dodgy.

The $50 price seems to stopped some idiots so far, at least the forum at the moment is pretty peaceful.

It sounded rather suspicious back then, fund a game for $5 as an investment and get back your money when t release some day. It is the whole micro investment thing that lured FSA here, it sounded really dodgy.

The $50 price seems to stopped some idiots so far, at least the forum at the moment is pretty peaceful.

The problem i would imagine and this is coming from a big corporate background until i'd had enough BS and got out, I can foresee that once a group forms a clique it becomes very hard for anyone else to get heard, mainly as the group will round on any dissenters or people they perceive to be negative, even if that negativity is actually people saying "no that's not right"...
You'd need only look at the official forum, hell ANY forum to see that behavior but its even more worrying when something is being created at the end of it.
The group that formed with PCars 1 seems to me to be people willing to say black is white and anyone who disagrees with that will get rounded on, and that's is from MODS too.. derailing threads etc.
I doubt PCars 2 will be any different and we will get a majority who accept mediocrity such is their desire to be 'liked' by Ian and his crew..
Just look at the percentage of people with PCars 1 on official forum who just gloss over the cracks and say all is rosy, this worries me greatly...that and Ian Bell....

I doubt PCars 2 will be any different and we will get a majority who accept mediocrity such is their desire to be 'liked' by Ian and his crew..
Just look at the percentage of people with PCars 1 on official forum who just gloss over the cracks and say all is rosy, this worries me greatly...that and Ian Bell....

This franchise could be simply amazing if it had the right man on board. Bell is ruining the series.

Not a nice name for it though is it? The main whinging and crying comes form folks unable to cope with people saying a game isn't as good as it could be and in places is left unfinished.
Please not again. I don't see much of what you are referencing in the actual Whinging and Crying Thread.

Folks may be crying about a certain user that constantly adds an Ian Bell rant into every discussion thread except the Whinging and Crying Thread.

Please not again. I don't see much of what you are referencing in the actual Whinging and Crying Thread.

Folks may be crying about a certain user that constantly adds an Ian Bell rant into every discussion thread except the Whinging and Crying Thread.

Well lets hope some of the 'whinging and crying' is allowed to be listened to before release this time... as its that 'whinging and crying' that got us ALL 9 patches so far...
Without the brave souls willing to sacrifice themselves to abuse and bullying we would still be playing the same game we got on day one.... I can remember many people saying PCars was 'perfect' before even patch 1....lolzzzz

Personally, after all the fun I've had on PCARS 1, I can't wait for the sequel.
The opposite for me. The Xbone edition is so broken I'm never going to buy another SMS studio game on release again.

I'll probably give in and buy the sequel when it's about $20 if they add a bunch of tracks that aren't in Forza 6/7.

How much was the most expensive pre-order set on the XBox store?

If they deliver all of this, PCARS2 is going to be great!

PCARS2.JPG

For Pcars 2 i'll personally take quality over quantity. You know in Pcars they implement almost everything (fuel, tires, pit-stops, endurance, set-ups bla bla) but the things really working were just a few. I prefer to play few things well done instead of downloading patches every 3 races.

That list is very ambitious, which is kind of worrying considering how SMS handled Pcars 1. I said it a while ago, that they over promised with Pcars 1, and they need to cut that **** out for the next game, and it looks like they're doing it again. Hopefully they've not bitten off more than they can chew. If they pull it off, and give us all of that, without the ridiculous amount of bugs that Pcars 1 shipped with, I'll be mighty impressed.

Edit: When is the release date goal? Does anyone know?

If they deliver all of this, PCARS2 is going to be great!

View attachment 553081

Indeed, although I think PCARS is already great and nowhere near as buggy as some would have you believe. Awkward user interface needs work though, and as good as the AI is in some ways it needs tweaking for PCARS 2. It's the only aspect of the game I have significant issues with really, especially when driving an open-wheeler.

Last edited:
Back