Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Has the option to remove the wheel & drivers hands been removed?

Couldn't find it in the demo version.

:confused:

Anyone know if there are any plans to allow GTE/LMP1/LMP2 to use medium tyres? It's currently not possible to equip them from the setup screen and I'd like to see if there is a tyre compound for these cars that can be used when the track isn't scorching hot but still not cool enough for softs. There are a few tracks that feel slower than they should with GTE in particular and I figure it has partly to do with tyres. The tracks are Silverstone, Road America, Imola, and Le Mans. I haven't seen anyone be able to match or surpass real world lap times at these tracks in GTE cars. In all four tracks the times are between 1.5(Imola) and 4(Le Mans/Road America) seconds slower than real world times.

Medium and intermediate tires were the first things I asked for after the game was released, but I never got a response. I think in medium conditions, it's worth a shot to try both compounds and see which one comes out on top.

I'm playing PS4 version for a while now, physics are great, graphics are good, but one thing makes me run out of patience... Online performance of game/servers. It's terrible! Very often I got disconnected from the lobby just after Quali round ends. Sometimes I got disconnected randomly when racing, overall it's very difficult to race online on PS4 for me. I play many other games without problems, so its strictly PC2 issue and you can't blame my internet connection. I hope it will be fixed in future updates, it really drives me mad.

Random disconnect example

Join our league then if you want to :)
Pcars.com.pl

So, I don't know if this has been discussed yet (and I am NOT reading through 300+ pages of this thread to find out) but does anyone have any tips on how to race in the snow conditions? (Snow season Dec. 25-Mar. 1) I have tried everything from soft setups to stiff setups, low tire pressures, high tire pressures, and everything in between and I still can't race competitively against the AI even with their diffi ulty down to 20%!

I have to say I'm really impressed by the astronomy in this game. It's really cool how a 9PM summer event at Oulton Park (just to use an example) in August is noticeably darker than a 9PM summer event on the same track in June. The daylight hours of the different seasons are even affected by how far north or south the tracks are located on the globe. So cool.

So far I only got 2 championships in career mode out of 5 Motorsports tiers. It's been really tough the last two series (Lamborghini series and group 5 hasn't been kind to me) but man when I finally get the car hooked up and actually start contending for wins it feels great. No matter what I run AI above 80%. I don't like dominating races but then again I don't like getting left behind to the AI. For me between 80-95% AI difficulty is good enough. Besides rally and oval racing. Rallycross im still trying to get use to and oval racing I'll actually set it to 100 or more.

I'm still impressed by the simple fact of being able to drift a rallycross car around a snowed-over track because the snowy weather outside has me in the mood for it, then switching to a touring car to drive the same track on a warm summer day, then jumping to Ruapuna Park on the same date, where it'll be snow again. No more relying on two or three wet tracks and "the snow track" to enjoy some wet or snowy driving on a real-life wet or snowy day, and the global seasonal simulation is just neat. :)

So, I don't know if this has been discussed yet (and I am NOT reading through 300+ pages of this thread to find out) but does anyone have any tips on how to race in the snow conditions? (Snow season Dec. 25-Mar. 1) I have tried everything from soft setups to stiff setups, low tire pressures, high tire pressures, and everything in between and I still can't race competitively against the AI even with their diffi ulty down to 20%!
What class or car, and what track(s)?

I just played PC2 with the G920 for the first time in a couple months, happy with how the FFB feels now though it's not flawless, still aggressive side to side swaying in immersive(?). Went on AC after, I noticed the side to side swaying (when you let go of the wheel) and the occasional jerk to the left or right once the car loads is still there, making me believe it's more of an issue with Logitech, not Project Cars. Also the FFB in PC was just as good as AC, if not better.

I have been looking for a setting to make the animated cockpit steering wheels show full rotation. Where can I find this setting, or is it not included? The steering wheel animation doesn't rotate much when I'm using my preferred DS4 controller settings, and this can be rather distracting at times. However, I have experienced full and seamless rotation of the animated steering wheel driving the Radical SR3 using identical DS4 controller settings (maybe a bug). Having the animation rotate realistically for once makes driving in cockpit considerably more enjoyable and immersive for me.

I have been looking for a setting to make the animated cockpit steering wheels show full rotation. Where can I find this setting, or is it not included? The steering wheel animation doesn't rotate much when I'm using my preferred DS4 controller settings, and this can be rather distracting at times. However, I have experienced full and seamless rotation of the animated steering wheel driving the Radical SR3 using identical DS4 controller settings (maybe a bug). Having the animation rotate realistically for once makes driving in cockpit considerably more enjoyable and immersive for me.
There's no option for it, but there is a bug related to it. I have not driven the Radical, but the Honda 2&4 shows additional rotation with glitched animation for the driver's arms.

There's no option for it, but there is a bug related to it. I have not driven the Radical, but the Honda 2&4 shows additional rotation with glitched animation for the driver's arms.

Ok, I hope SMS will add this setting in a future update. Realistic steering rotation is a valuable visual reference when navigating through tight turns and catching close calls with the controller stick.

Can't get what is going with pits. Was in 1 place with a gap over 17 seconds to second place, pited (no fuel/tire/damage), guy in second place pited in the next lap and when he went of pits gap was only 7 seconds. It was loby with manual pits and probably I was to cautious, but not 10 seconds.
Is the any secret about pits?

Can't get what is going with pits. Was in 1 place with a gap over 17 seconds to second place, pited (no fuel/tire/damage), guy in second place pited in the next lap and when he went of pits gap was only 7 seconds. It was loby with manual pits and probably I was to cautious, but not 10 seconds.
Is the any secret about pits?
Did you have damage/repairs turned off? I'm not sure about PCars 2, but in PCars 1 just having the option turned on resulted in longer pit deltas, even if your car didn't have any damage. I attributed it to the pit crew having to inspect for damage. On mandatory pit races I turn all damage repairs off, set tire change to no, refuel to 0, make sure I start with plenty of fuel to finish the race, and drive carefully so as to avoid damage. My pit stops are very quick.

I was running the McLaren 720S (Road A) on the Indy road course.
That certainly does sound like a challenge for snowy conditions, a powerful MR roadcar on a high-speed track...I don't think I could come up with any advice that could make a bigger difference than enabling stability control and shifting early.

If you're looking for a good race on snow, I recommend rallycross cars or Road F.

If you're looking for a good race on snow, I recommend rallycross cars or Road F.

I did manage to not come dead last with the same car on LeMans Bugatti circuit and found the Mitsubishi Evo 10 to be a lot of fun in the snow. I also found that you want higher tire pressures when using studded tires. Even so, how the AI is so damn quick at Indy just baffles me (they accelerate with perfect grip out of every corner).

I did manage to not come dead last with the same car on LeMans Bugatti circuit and found the Mitsubishi Evo 10 to be a lot of fun in the snow. I also found that you want higher tire pressures when using studded tires. Even so, how the AI is so damn quick at Indy just baffles me (they accelerate with perfect grip out of every corner).
The AI is in the process of being worked on, according to SMS. I had not encountered an instance of them being ridiculously quick on snow myself, but it does bug me how they don't seem to ever suffer from having cold tires.

On mandatory pit races I turn all damage repairs off, set tire change to no, refuel to 0, make sure I start with plenty of fuel to finish the race, and drive carefully so as to avoid damage. My pit stops are very quick.
Everythink was off, but pitstop lasted abput 16 seconds

I don't get it

What flavor are you using? Looks like you're clipping and is the reason for wobble on the straights, just a guess...

Also what do you have your degrees of rotation set to? Seemed very responsive such as a low degree of rotation setting.

Need smoother inputs too.

I experience consistent ffb at the Nords in any car I rip there

Last edited:
I don't get why you are trying to drive the green hell with two fingers?
I can drive normally and overcome most of the FFB, but you can't tell what the FFB is doing when it gets bad so it just looks like I suck at driving. I was exaggerating the effects for demonstrative purposes.

What flavor are you using? Looks like you're clipping and is the reason for wobble on the straights, just a guess...

Also what do you have your degrees of rotation set to? Seemed very responsive such as a low degree of rotation setting.

Need smoother inputs too.

I experience consistent ffb at the Nords in any car I rip there

I tried it at lower strength, it's playable but I don't really have any feedback now.
I just wish the strength of the bumps was separate from the steering centering force.

Latest Posts

Back