Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I tried it at lower strength, it's playable but I don't really have any feedback now.
I just wish the strength of the bumps was separate from the steering centering force.

I use the following settings and it's feel they are alright but of course everyone has their own preferences

Flavor: Informative
Gain: 100
Volume: 65
Tone: 65
FX: 65

Hello, bros. Got this game last week, getting the hang of things. Having never played the first game with a wheel as I was bound to the controller at the time (and being killed whenever I so much as even thought about applying throttle), I don't exactly have the most consistent of impressions to give from PC1 to PC2 but so far I'm liking it. Its abit stiff at times, but its actually decent so far.

I'm spending my winter break hotlapping! I also did my first race in career mode, I er...came in 15th place; racing in the GT4 class with a Mustang. It was at the Redbull Ring and there was a lot of rain; I couldn't quite push the car as well as the AI could.

The Brno Circuit kinda reminds me of Apricot Hill from Gran Turismo and the first part of Classic Spa reminds me of a section in Trial Mountain.

Am I the only one who would like to see a larger free roam version of DirtFish? There's so much open space fun potential right beyond those concrete barriers marking the confined track layouts. I saw DiRT4 has something like this at the same location. Besides, the old mill complex is total TV nostalgia (Twin Peaks), so I'd love to explore more of the visible area.

i hate how the AI doesn't get effected by the puddles. They can drive over it with no problem while i slip and slide trying to save the damn car.

Also it doesn't matter if you go 150kph or 50kph, you allways going to loose lot of traction, like it's some sort of scripted event, not affected by actual car speed, handling etc...

Also it doesn't matter if you go 150kph or 50kph, you allways going to loose lot of traction, like it's some sort of scripted event, not affected by actual car speed, handling etc...
Well. At 50kph (approximately 30mph), you've not got the downforce to push the car into the ground. At 150kph (approximately 90mph), I doubt you've still got the car being pushed into the ground in a high downforce car. Also, wet tyres aren't designed to go through deep puddles like the one on the inside of the fast corner before the chicane at Nurburgring GP and I very much assume that the tread isn't high enough to go through the water thus the treads get filled with water and aquaplaning happens.

Well. At 50kph (approximately 30mph), you've not got the downforce to push the car into the ground. At 150kph (approximately 90mph), I doubt you've still got the car being pushed into the ground in a high downforce car. Also, wet tyres aren't designed to go through deep puddles like the one on the inside of the fast corner before the chicane at Nurburgring GP and I very much assume that the tread isn't high enough to go through the water thus the treads get filled with water and aquaplaning happens.

At such low speeds you don't need tons of downforce to handle the car. Aquaplaning on racing wet tires at 50kph?? I'm not an expert, but this doesn't sound convincing.

At such low speeds you don't need tons of downforce to handle the car. Aquaplaning on racing wet tires at 50kph?? I'm not an expert, but this doesn't sound convincing.

I'm just going to leave this right here....

Takes more than wet tires. Takes understanding of the different grip levels and preparing for less grip as well as making corrections quickly. There's only so much directional tread can do.

Last edited:
I'm just going to leave this right here....

Takes more than wet tires. Takes understanding of the different grip levels and preparing for less grip as well as making corrections quickly. There's only so much directional tread can do.

Ok, but we're talking abut aquaplaning at 50kph. At some tracks drivers wouldn't be able to leave pit lane if that would be true...

Ok, but we're talking abut aquaplaning at 50kph. At some tracks drivers wouldn't be able to leave pit lane if that would be true...

Difference between straight line travel and turning while grip is at a loss bud.

Try racing at Imola in heavy rain. A puddle will form near the start/finish line and is on the straight in comparison to other tracks where I notice the puddles forming at the apex of turns. I can drive through the large puddle at Imola with only a small correction. Now when I race in heavy rain and the puddle is at an apex and I clip it while turning then I have a much more severe aquaplaning effect.

Difference between straight line travel and turning while grip is at a loss bud.

Try racing at Imola in heavy rain. A puddle will form near the start/finish line and is on the straight in comparison to other tracks where I notice the puddles forming at the apex of turns. I can drive through the large puddle at Imola with only a small correction. Now when I race in heavy rain and the puddle is at an apex and I clip it while turning then I have a much more severe aquaplaning effect.
Did some wet racing yesterday, that's why I have some concerns to share today. :D Raced at Imola too, but mainly on Daytona Road Course. I had some situations where I was driving in a straight line trough puddles at low speed, and suffered from high loss of traction despite this. I'll check the replay to be sure at what speed I aquaplaned there. (Exit from the "Bus Stop")

Edit: It was ~110kmph, so it may be possible to aquaplane at this speed. It just felt much slower than 100kmph when I was actually racing :D

Last edited:
My point was about the "online driver spots" error. I said Ian said it in the SpotTheOzzie stream.

Oh, the typo. I didn't notice I guess because I was skimming haha. I didn't even recognize the not in "How did you *not* notice this," the first time you wrote it.

I am curious how they are going to implement this on consoles still. The 16 limit might be limited to cars, rather than actual drivers.

Just starting getting into PC2 with the release of the fun can pack. I finally get to drive my dream car, the RS200. It seems that the issues I was having before have been fixed with the latest patch making the game more enjoyable for me now. My only issue is that the graphics like trees/fences/buildings/cones etc seem to "pop up" just ahead rather than being part of a smooth transition, if that makes any sense. I have a pretty powerful PC, i7 with a 1080 card and I play on a 4k tv( maybe my issue?). I also have turned down track detail to low hoping that would help but no luck.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Possible anyone might have some input?

Thank you

You have turned down "track detail" to low, but probably this is the parameter resposible for rendering trees/fences/buildings/cones etc as you described, and you want it to render faster? More "track detail" would be less pop-up maybe?

I will give that a try, thank you

Track/Vehicle detail controls the distances where the game switches from the high detail models to low detail models.

If you're noticing too much "changing" or pop-in then increase the detail. This will make the game use the high detail _sooner_ (further distance to you) but it will reduce fps (the high detail models use more polygons so more graphical load) so you need to find your personal balance

Last edited:
Question for the career mode: since I started at a higher tier at the beginning, will the lower tier categories ever unlock? I missed my chance at the Group C category and I can't seem to unlock anything. Do you have to complete one of the tier 1 motorsports and then everything unlocks or something like that? Help appreciated!

i hate how the AI doesn't get effected by the puddles. They can drive over it with no problem while i slip and slide trying to save the damn car.

Especially a pain in first Porsche Manufacturer event, driving the 935 at Hockenheim in pouring rain. Try getting past lap 3 in that event if you can with authentic assists, let alone win it. Meanwhile, the AI keep it straight as an arrow. Frustrating!

Guys I'm looking for a tune thread but can't find one. Specifically I fancied one for the rocket bunny TT this week. Cheers for any help fellas

Guys I'm looking for a tune thread but can't find one. Specifically I fancied one for the rocket bunny TT this week. Cheers for any help fellas

Download them from the TT section on PC2 is the easiest way

Download them from the TT section on PC2 is the easiest way

I thought that was a thing but I've not figured out how to do it. I'm on ps4 by the way. Do you need to go to the TT section as opposed to the community event itself? Thanks for the help

Edit: I figured it out :dopey: For anyone who may bump into this who's a bit of a novice like I am, firstly you have to add the ghost of the tune you would like to test (which I never ever do which is why I obviously missed it). Once loaded the ghost time has a little symbol next to it where you can apply the tune! Job done :)

Last edited:
Back