Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Here's a precarious number :)
Project_CARS_2_20180909052226.png

Come here my friend :D
E1847F890.jpg

What about a challenge mode? Recreating real life scenarios. E.g. 2016 Indy 500. Win the race with massive fuel saving as Alexander Rossi.

That would be fantastic. Assetto Corsa has a similar game mode (special events).

And talking of the devil, it's amazing how both games have so many things the other game lacks: AC needed proper polishment, more tracks, a car list that doesn't have 160 cars in 160 different categories... And PC2 needs custom championship and AC special event modes, more consistent ffb, more consistent AI...

That would be fantastic. Assetto Corsa has a similar game mode (special events).

And talking of the devil, it's amazing how both games have so many things the other game lacks: AC needed proper polishment, more tracks, a car list that doesn't have 160 cars in 160 different categories... And PC2 needs custom championship and AC special event modes, more consistent ffb, more consistent AI...

upload_2018-9-9_15-48-22.png

upload_2018-9-9_15-48-54.png

upload_2018-9-9_15-49-52.png

upload_2018-9-9_15-50-15.png

So the 7.0 patch is out for PC:

• Fixed various stability issues.
  • Improved usability of in-game tools.
  • Improved AI ability at various tracks.
  • Improved the penalty system.
  • Improved pitstops and repair logic.
  • WMR headset support now enabled.
  • Various other minor fixes.

It's out for Xbox as well... A tiny 13 GB update (at least for the Xbox One X) :odd:

Hooray it downloaded overnight. I assume Ferrari DLC either tomorrow or next week. Shame they can't announce it though...

So that means it's the factory configuration, i.e. the default configuration?

I believe so. Should be how the car ships from the factory. I'm assuming original equipment manufacturer setup equates to no aftermarket parts changing how the car originally drove off the assembly line.

So that means it's the factory configuration, i.e. the default configuration?
It's only the road cars that have the OEM option and it's basically everything set as close to "how your car would be delivered to you" as possible, right down to the tyres :). I think it covers all the essential things like suspension, ride height, tyres, differential but the best man to ask would be Jussi on the public forum :)

Found a bug with the Lotus 51 or Track tyres (I think) I don't remember it being like this in V6.

Make sure tyre wear is on authentic.
Pick the Lotus 51, pick a track (I tried Cadwell & Donnington) & change tyres from Vintage to Track.

Track settings, current date, start time 10am, heavy cloud.

I know it's no fun using grippy tyres on slow cars but Vintage was to slippery for me.

Then head out on track & watch your grip dissappear within 2-3 laps, whatever you do dont go on the gravel as grip levels disappear within seconds.

In the end I had to use All-Terrain tyres.

Edit: not a bug.

Last edited:
Could someone (in your own time) please test out the Lotus 51 with the below settings & let me know whether this track tyre issue is happening to you please, before I try a re-install to rectify.

Surly this can't be right in such a low powered car?
I'll try & get a video of it later when kids are asleep.

Thanks in advance chaps.

Quick recap

Lotus 51 with stock setting (stable or loose)
track tyres
Full grid
Identical car field
Authentic tyre wear
ABS low only
15 minute race
Donnington or cadwell
Current date
Heavy cloud
30x time acceleration

Also definitely try accelerating/getting out of gravel.

:confused:

If I'm wrong about this & this is how it should be then don't worry about it, just looking for confirmation.

Last edited:
@Mr Grumpy what's happening, can't try if we don't know :).

I've ran a few races on cadwell in the 51 before and had no problems.
Sorry mate, forget the most important bit :)

Tyres are overheating after a few corners & completely bald within 3-4 laps & trying to get out of gravel if you go wide results in tyres going bald within seconds. I have tried decreasing & increasing tyre pressure with roughly the same result.

I've also run this car before I just don't remember it being like this in previous patches, I could be wrong though as I do run quite alot of different car/track combos hence why I'm asking for help/confirmation that this is how it should be.

It's just the tyre wear seems really high compared to every other combo I've raced with, even though I keep tyre wear on authentic.

Sorry mate, forget the most important bit :)

Tyres are overheating after a few corners & completely bald within 3-4 laps & trying to get out of gravel if you go wide results in tyres going bald within seconds. I have tried decreasing & increasing tyre pressure with roughly the same result.

I've also run this car before I just don't remember it being like this in previous patches, I could be wrong though as I do run quite alot of different car/track combos hence why I'm asking for help/confirmation that this is how it should be.

It's just the tyre wear seems really high compared to every other combo I've raced with, even though I keep tyre wear on authentic.

Yes, tyre wear is not good in the 51 with track tyres, bald after 4 laps of cadwell park. Think it's been like that from the start but I normally run vintage tyres which come with the default tunes for that car.

Yes, tyre wear is not good in the 51 with track tyres, bald after 4 laps of cadwell park. Think it's been like that from the start but I normally run vintage tyres which come with the default tunes for that car.
Ok, nice 1 for confirming that @hasslemoff :cheers:
At least I know now & don't have to reinstall the game, that's all I was concerned about.
Really strange how that little car can destroy tyre's though.
I said above I found vintage to slippery so ended up using all terrain instead after track tyre's didn't work well.

Last edited:
Ok, nice 1 for confirming that @hasslemoff :cheers:
At least I know now & don't have to reinstall the game, that's all I was concerned about.
Really strange how that little car can destroy tyre's though.
I said above I found vintage to slippery so ended up using all terrain instead after track tyre's didn't work well.

Vintage are fun :) brake gently in a straight line and give it a bit of throttle while turning in, helps keep the car in check.

Vintage are fun :) brake gently in a straight line and give it a bit of throttle while turning in, helps keep the car in check.

I find this car really tricky in PC2 whereas it was fantastic to drive in PC1 on default settings and default tyres!

Ok, nice 1 for confirming that @hasslemoff Really strange how that little car can destroy tyre's though.

That is interesting - when this car was new Formula Ford was conceived as a cost saving formula with a price limit on complete cars of £1,000 (about one quarter of the cost of a Formula Junior) - for this reason race tyres were not allowed - Formula Ford used Michelin Z radial road tyres on steel Ford Cortina rims (alloy wheels were also not allowed).

If you go to a Historic Formula Ford meeting today they now use crossply race tyres by Dunlop with a replica historic tread pattern. I wonder which tyre SMS modelled? The original radial road tyres or the modern crossply replica historic tyres?

@Sick Cylinder, which ever tyre they modeled I'll just have to practise some more & get used to them & follow the advice from @hasslemoff.

Still think it's odd though that the track tyre on this car only lasts 4 odd laps.

Most other car, tyre & track combos can usually last a 30 minute session or more before pitting for fresh rubber.

Last edited:
Still think it's odd though that the track tyre on this car only lasts 4 odd laps.

Most other car, tyre & track combos can usually last a 30 minute session or more before pitting for fresh rubber.

This is obviously an error, which hopefully will be corrected by SMS.

The old rubber used to last a long time - definitely a complete Grand Prix race distance and sometimes two! - in fact the mechanics often had trouble scrubbing in new tyres - I recently read a book in which the mechanic explains how his team were having this problem so they fitted the F1 tyres for the Grand Prix weekend onto a road going Porsche - the driver used them for a 210 mile round trip and the next day they were fitted for Saturday qualifying and used in the race! Difficult to imagine that happening in F1 now!

@Donnced - that's a nice video from Hamilton. I'm amazed at how he is able to keep the car in 5th gear when I have to change down to avoid losing control - he is obviously a very good sim driver. Incidentally the 917's only had 4 gears - I presume SMS did this to balance them with the Ferrari 512's in the game which did have 5 gears.

Back