Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
We greatly respect the work of modders and many of us in the scene came from the modding community way back. We are though fed up seeing our car assets being used (and often sold) everywhere so we have added another layer of protection specifically there. But for all other areas everything is accessible as it was before.

Unfortunately some people don't share the same appreciation for modders. E.g. Mclaren Well. Livery editors more specifically because of the lack of custom liveries on cars of Mclaren. Any other manufacturers causing issues with this?

In terms of the original cars, it was discussed that some of them are removed. I quite like a bit of non-real variety sometimes and like seeing the RWDs and Mareks. If this is true, what are the reasons for this?

@IanBell Please, allow for a menu before any race. It is really boring in pCars 1 having to warm up to setup the car, or, in tracks that don't allow warm up, we have to save a setup BEFORE we enter the race. In the latter case, it is worse, because we don't have an estimate of fuel consumption. Last, but not least, allow for track modding, please!

@IanBell in PCARS 1, it was found that medium and hard tires can't keep up with soft tires over long periods of time. Have the physics developers been working to change this? Does this somewhat fall out of Live Track 3.0 in a sense?

We greatly respect the work of modders and many of us in the company came from the modding community way back. We are though fed up seeing our car assets being used (and often sold) everywhere so we have added another layer of protection specifically there. But for all other areas everything is accessible as it was before.

Thank you for the answer! So does it mean we will be supplied stuff to create new files without being able to use old 3D data and steal it? That would be an amazing system.

Top stuff @IanBell getting involved with the community, absolutely fantastic to see!

I do have an interesting question geared towards eSports and 'default setup' online racing! At the moment in any ESL Go4Pro cup generally speaking there's always 1 car that reigns supreme at certain tracks so you generally end up with 1 make in the GT3's. For example at the #70 event the vast majority and the top runners were all in McLaren GT3 cars. Of course there's the odd occasion when cars differ as we saw at Spa when we had both Astons and Mclarens on track!

Are the cars going to be based on 1 base with the shells/sounds on top or alternatively are they all going to be truly unique?

If they are unique is there are a possibility some form of 'stock' balance of performance could be issued so all cars are within say a tenth on a lap with different strengths/weaknesses on each circuit (McLaren better in corners, Aston quicker on the straights as an example)? I realise that's much more difficult to create some form of stock balance of performance (That couldn't be changed or run similar to the 'forced default setup') but I would love to watch and also take part in GT3 grids or multi class grids that are extremely diverse where you can represent your favourite manufacturers without having a lap time disadvantage.

I've certainly enjoyed the races I've taken part in so far on Project Cars, and I'm really enjoying the European Championship at the moment! I'd just love to see more diversity while keeping the racing extremely tight :). I also think that sort of thing would help bring even more manufacturers on board with eSports!

Keep up the great work though it all looks very good so far!

I forgot one more question yesterday @IanBell, thanks for the inspiration @05XR8 :lol:. Ok, I know we are talking about different publishers, so I could be a nono. But since both games are similar, and with same developers. Here we go.

I've always loved the NFS: Shift's "Works" cars, some of my personal favorite, and @05XR8's personal favorite too at the end :lol:

latest

image_shift_2_unleashed-14687-2167_0007.jpg

SHIFT%202%20Speedhunters%20-%20Mitsubishi%20Lancer%20EVOLUTION%20IX%20MR.jpg

latest

To resume...

Is there any chance to see them back in Project CARS 2?? They could be AN AWESOME match against GT1s, GT2s, and GT3s :D

Any assets associated with the SHIFT games are property of EA from what i understand. Since SMS stopped working with EA a long time ago, we should expect the chances of that happening to be sub zero.

• from the website: "New vehicle types and motorsport classes including Rallycross, IndyCar, and Oval"
I think you can add dallara indycar to the car list, and you forgot walkins glen.

Just a general point guys that I really appreciate all the questions and kind words. I can't answer everything as we have a detailed marketing roll out plan and I don't want to steal the thunder there. I also can't speak much on content specifics but I can state that no one will be disappointed in the amount of new (and revamped from old) content. We're having to seriously rework how we compress data to fit everything on the DVD.

@IanBell What is the most exciting new thing (to you) that you can tell us without rustling too many feathers with the marketing guys?

Livetrack 3.0 and all that we do with it is pretty epic but I'm probably more excited about the new tyre model and drivetrain/diff features that give us much more controllable handling over the edge. I love me some realistically catchable oversteer; being able to hold the rear out with throttle and steering input and we have that pretty much nailed now, even on a pad.

Livetrack 3.0 and all that we do with it is pretty epic but I'm probably more excited about the new tyre model and drivetrain/diff features that give us much more controllable handling over the edge. I love me some realistically catchable oversteer; being able to hold the rear out with throttle and steering input and we have that pretty much nailed now, even on a pad.
I think that is what made racing at Road America in Shift 1, enjoyable to me. The long right hander under the bridge. I was able to hold the line without much correction. Glad to know some of that see-sawing of the left stick, will be dialed out.👍

@IanBell Will Project Cars 2 show any love for the JDM/Tuner scene? As someone who grew up in Japan its always my priority when it comes to racing games; I'm hoping there's a chance for such legendary cars as the BenSopra 380sx and more love for circuits like Ebisu and Autopolis. I did appreciate the good footage of Fuji y'all released.

bensopra-nissan-380sx-daisuke-hasegawa-1.jpg

That's great! pCars has the best graphics and I hope you improve the physics a little bit.

Any assets associated with the SHIFT games are property of EA from what i understand. Since SMS stopped working with EA a long time ago, we should expect the chances of that happening to be sub zero.
Not all assets, the cameras, some cars (with the same 3d model) and some tracks as well stayed in PC1, I'm conscious some of the works cars were made with EA pressets, but lot's of them were 100% designed by SMS, so I don't see problems to bring them back to PC2 :)

Not all assets, the cameras, some cars (with the same 3d model) and some tracks as well stayed in PC1, I'm concious some of the works cars were made with EA pressets, but lot's of them were 100% designed by SMS, so I don't see problems to bring them back to PC2 :)

We used nothing from Shift. We had to rework everything as EA owned all of the assets. Of course the end results looked the same (albeit smoother and higher poly).

Latest Posts

Back