Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
What Mr G says and also switch off the chance of pit stop errors option. No need to make it harder for yourself than you need too. ;)

Unfortunately it's not possible to turn that off for offline races. You can only do that in the multiplayer options.

Agreed.

Not true i done lots of 40 laps races around classic oval monza where debris from a lap 1 crash has stayed on track for the entire race.

We had a 90 minute GT3 race around Nurburgring for our Blancpain series just last night, and gravel was dragged on the track first lap and it was there the whole race. Only place where it "cleared" was the race line. (+ a little bit more from people taking a wide line).

I've never been able to figure out what the process is for debris getting cleaned up myself. Sometimes it seems to disappear quickly, other times it sticks around for the whole race. I'm wondering if it might disappear completely if it gets hit a second time(not just getting knocked out of sight), but that's just a guess. I used to set it to last 1,000 seconds in rFactor - so it didn't get cleared immediately(I find that just as strange) but after a while somebody would get a chance to run out and pick it up. God I miss proper options like that.

I suppose it's not entirely unrealistic to leave it anyway, sometimes debris doesn't ever get cleared in the real world either. I even watched a giant chunk of somebody's bumper sit just outside the race line(by about a foot, still right in the middle of the track) at Watkins Glen turn 8 for over 2 hours one race... and that was in safety-car-happy IMSA.

I'm not sure gravel counts as debris in PC2 though, that's probably considered a "track condition" as opposed to a chunk of signage that got hit.

I find it very strange that I'm 10 seconds slower in pCars 2 compared to ACC:

• Same track
  • Same FPS
  • Same car
  • No assists
  • basic car settings in both games
  • Same weather conditions.
  • Both using the correct FOV and a small 24" triple setup

Also strange that in pCars two, when using ABS (max) braking hard, even with the brake bias mostly set to the front wheels, the car still oversteers. AFAIK that shouldn't happen because of the ABS not looking up the wheels.

I find it very strange that I'm 10 seconds slower in pCars 2 compared to ACC:

• Same track
  • Same FPS
  • Same car
  • No assists
  • basic car settings in both games
  • Same weather conditions.
  • Both using the correct FOV and a small 24" triple setup

Also strange that in pCars two, when using ABS (max) braking hard, even with the brake bias mostly set to the front wheels, the car still oversteers. AFAIK that shouldn't happen because of the ABS not looking up the wheels.

In which track is this? I do not know what the usual ACC lap times are, but checked some of the real Blancpain GT3 lap times and they are very close to those achieved in PCARS2.

About this oversteer under braking, it's the engine braking actually, it's possibly very pronounced in PCARS2 (was also in 1). Either go less aggressive with your downshifts, or adjust Engine Braking in the setup to a high value (which maps to lower engine braking).

In which track is this? I do not know what the usual ACC lap times are, but checked some of the real Blancpain GT3 lap times and they are very close to those achieved in PCARS2.
Zolder.
Looking at the lap times from the 2017 qualifying session, the laptimes ACC's are accurate. The pCars 2 lap times 2 are way off. I'm still wondering how this is possible.

Must - do - more - testing. :crazy:

About this oversteer under braking, it's the engine braking actually, it's possibly very pronounced in PCARS2 (was also in 1). Either go less aggressive with your downshifts, or adjust Engine Braking in the setup to a high value (which maps to lower engine braking).
Thanks! I changed the engine braking to 10 and the problem is solved.

Zolder.
Looking at the lap times from the 2017 qualifying session, the laptimes ACC's are accurate. The pCars 2 lap times 2 are way off. I'm still wondering how this is possible.

Must - do - more - testing. :crazy:

Thanks! I changed the engine braking to 10 and the problem is solved.

I've just had a look at the PC leaderboards and the fastest GT3 time for Zolder is a 1:29.54 (Merc AMG) - half a second away from the pole time in that video. That's reasonably close for me, especially for a non-laser scanned track. There's a couple of other cars with times in the 29's, the slowest is somewhere in the 32's.

I've just had a look at the PC leaderboards and the fastest GT3 time for Zolder is a 1:29.54 (Merc AMG) - half a second away from the pole time in that video. That's reasonably close for me, especially for a non-laser scanned track. There's a couple of other cars with times in the 29's, the slowest is somewhere in the 32's.
Leaderboard from pCars 2 I presume?

Can finally race online if I choose to now, just bought 3 years of XBLG for £35 per year from cdkeys & upgraded the whole lot to ultimate for an extra £1.

£106 for 3 years of ultimate goodness until 13/7/22.

Edit: 1st race online & I won :). Only Clio's at Brannoch, it is my favourite track though, all down hill after that lol, oh & I've finally witnessed the ramming idiots for myself now :(

Last edited:
Hello guys... This is my first time trying to venture out from GT series...

Looks like I am warming up to PC2...

Amazon is selling a PS4 copy for $20 that I am very tempted to put in my Pro...

Just a few noob questions before I pull the trigger:

1) should I be expecting any other cost or expenses (DLC) in order to enjoy the game/sim as complete as possible? (I already have a G29 rig setup ready to go...https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...mo-racing-set-up.359041/page-14#post-12799901 )

2) when is PC3 expected to be released (realistically)?

Thank you for helping me stick out my head outside of Kaz's behind...

Hello guys... This is my first time trying to venture out from GT series...

Looks like I am warming up to PC2...

Amazon is selling a PS4 copy for $20 that I am very tempted to put in my Pro...

Just a few noob questions before I pull the trigger:

1) should I be expecting any other cost or expenses (DLC) in order to enjoy the game/sim as complete as possible? (I already have a G29 rig setup ready to go...https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...mo-racing-set-up.359041/page-14#post-12799901 )

2) when is PC3 expected to be released (realistically)?

Thank you for helping me stick out my head outside of Kaz's behind...
I would definitely hold off until the deluxe version is on sale again, normally £30. You might be able to get it for £25 from a shop though.

The vintage Le Mans track is absolutely fantastic, well worth it.

The Ferrari pack is probably 2nd best after that, it comes with loads of cars + Fiorano & Mugello.

The Porsche pack isn't to bad, I use the cars more often than using the test track.

Can't remember what the 4th one was, also if you get the deluxe version instead of buying the individual dlc you also get the Panoz Esperante GTR1, which sounds absolutely brutal.

Last edited:
Hello guys... for those who have a ps4 std version, and already have the game. Yesterday I was running some laps on Nords at 19:00hs at sunset and I noticed pixel points between the blue sky and the orange sky. Did that happen to anyone else?

Xbox Project cars 2 deluxe edition on sale for £24.74, with gold £18.74.

Xbox Assetto corsa ultimate edition on sale for £19.19, with gold £15.99. I'm picking this up at this price.

This is my first time trying to venture out from GT series...
Ah another one drawn to the dark side of the Force (feedback). :)

It will take a little time to adjust to PC2 if coming from GT but stick at it and you'll (hopefully) wonder why you didn't get it sooner.

If you have any questions someone usually has an answer. Although our light sabres are an evil red colour we're actually quite a friendly bunch over here. ;)

And to your second question from above... We are expecting it to be quite awhile yet with it almost certainly being a PS5 title.

Just recently started playing again on PS4, having a lot of fun trying to tune cars and taking photos while Hot lapping

4A92B3C6-A703-4E53-B4E2-CF2FD3DCEF85.jpeg
9EFA3B78-AF45-4461-BB9F-71CB0537D24A.jpeg
545A66F3-635F-4676-9F01-0BDDF73D5E19.jpeg
F4A0263D-0991-46BE-9CC6-619E34DF3D28.jpeg
F3B54FF3-ED3C-4FDE-8F3F-D315FCB67505.jpeg
F02888FC-AA9D-46AE-89C9-BE71AFA6FE5D.jpeg
FDBEE284-88C9-48DF-B3CE-F372519BFD3C.jpeg
D39D740E-FC0C-4BCD-8325-EAA3E8D6DD1B.jpeg
63E91263-26DB-4B82-B702-5C0A6030A3F1.jpeg

:bowdown:
My suggestions for good tracks with the p1 gtr are

Monza GP
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Circuit of the Americas
Nurburgring GP

:)
Thank you for the quick reply

I have spa loading right now and I can't wait to try it.

Isn't it something that I've had this game for over a year and have never used this car?

The only problem I had was picking a livery because they are all beautiful.

Got to go! It's loaded and I'm going to try some private testing before I race there

EDIT:

Goodness Gracious:bowdown:
I bow to you that you can drive that many miles in that car. You must be one of the elite online racers.

I could not control that car to save my life. Everytime I pressed the accelerator, that car would pull to the right something awful.

it did not take me long to realize I did not have the skill set to drive that car well.

Last edited:
Back