Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Was just kidding mate haha, i see some kind of animal in there, sure! Loved the badass photoshop skills too tho!
No worries :D

I'm surprised it wasn't a P1 gtr :lol:

You know i'm pretty Grumpy right now cause i just lost a 90 minute race with the P1 GTR :irked:

:indiff:

Forget the picture in the cloud and whether we see something or not.

The question is “Does your beloved know you’re cheating on her with a different car”? :(

:embarrassed::P:)

@Chikane Because of this thread and the mention of your baby, I decided to try your car again. I’ve tried it several times in the past and couldn’t complete a single lap with it. I just figured that 1000 horses was not mine to tame and I’d given up

I’m happy to report I that completed 7 laps at Monza before I went to bed last night. They definitely weren’t super fast. Heck, they probably weren’t even fast, let alone super fast. But, I was just happy to keep it on the black stuff.

In all your praise of that car I don’t believe you ever mentioned how well it brakes. I was pleasantly surprised by that.

Maybe I’ll give it a go when I’m fresh and see if I can beat my best time. I don’t think 1:55 would be hard for any of you guys to beat. I’m guessing with the miles you’ve put in with this beast, you’re likely WELL below 1:50

I see a challenge (no ferrari) here! I've also never driven the P1 before, but do like the Monza track! (regular Monza?)
I very much like and appreciate the fact that the P1 is very hard to master. Shouldn’t a 1000HP car be hard to control?

Driving lines, slow in/fast out, throttle control/sensitivity, and patience are required to manage that beast. I may still be slow in terms of lap times but I’m happy that I was able to consistently just get the car around the track. PC2 has taught me so much.

And, trust me, there is most definitely NO CHALLENGE here. Every one of you will best my time by many seconds.

But, I would love to know what all your times are.

I see a challenge (no ferrari) here! I've also never driven the P1 before, but do like the Monza track! (regular Monza?)
Do you mean the modern Monza race track?

Monza classic all 3 version is my favorite.

To be fair ferrari is my second favorite car company and i love the FXX-K and the GTE 488 race car

Seeing silhouettes in clouds is the level of immersion Project Cars have.

@Chikane
Maybe I’ll give it a go when I’m fresh and see if I can beat my best time. I don’t think 1:55 would be hard for any of you guys to beat. I’m guessing with the miles you’ve put in with this beast, you’re likely WELL below 1:50

Custom set up? Will give it a try, but 1:50 even not GT3 cars average pace, so I guess for 1000hp it could be like 1:30, something near LMP'16 times.

I'm actually now trying F1 GTR LT Nordschleife under 6:10, but no luck. Can't even make a lap count. Game registered 6:27 somewhere, but don't know if it was McLaren or 935.

Well, since it's NO CHALLENGE, then it just counts as an excuse to play around, right?

I don't think I've ever driven either P1 at least in PC2, I'm mostly in much slower cars. They were both pretty damn fun, though I just don't like net-loss hybrid cars that are only good for a few laps at a time. Probably as an endurance racer they just go against my personality.

Wasn't sure which one we were supposed to use so I drove both until I ran out of super-juice twice -- which only takes 4 laps in the GTR, I think it was 6 or 7 in the standard P1. Used the default Loose setup - I usually start with OEM but this was to try for lap time quickly. Neither seemed excessively twitchy on entry or mid corner so I didn't bother trying Stable. One thing I noticed was that the DRS opens at 175mph but you have manual control all the time so if you want to get the most out of it you have to activate it yourself exiting the corners.

Seemed sensible to drive the base version first. Really tough to make it want to turn in. Brakes are also impossible to lock up in a straight line, I forgot to check what the pressure was. Would need to increase that if you can. First time around I never got a legal lap, mostly because of just not being able to slow it up and turn in at speeds I expect from driving too many race cars lately. Second set of laps I got a good bit more comfortable, managed a 1:44.884 good enough for 8th place out of only 77 entries on PC(probably no really fast drivers ran it as I'm only a second behind the top).

Then the GTR. This feels so much more like a race car. Immediately saw the immense difference in braking. They seemed closer to the limit of grip but I'm still not sure I ever actually locked, maybe a little as the speed dropped. I was definitely easing off the brake a bit earlier but that was more because it slowed enough than because I was having problems. First lap I used the same brake point as the base P1 just nicely made it for turn 1 and I was down to 50mph and just cruising for what seemed like 2 seconds waiting to get to the turn. But the car was also much more responsive to turning in at noticeably higher speeds which makes a huge difference. I ran a 1:39.something in my first set of laps and improved to a 1:38.675 which was much farther(I think 3.5 to 4 seconds) behind the record time and 55th place out of... more than 150(150th was closer to me than I am to the record).

Edit: On projectcalc the fastest trackday A I see is 1:34.7. Fastest GTR is 1:35.5. Zonda appears to be slow, 1:39.4. There could be faster console times of course.

I would celebrate if I could ever get near 1:50

Aren’t you new to this game or am I mistaken? I’d retire if I hit your mark!

I think we are mistaking something here.. Are you talking about Monza track (the regular one) with a McLaren P1 GTR? Both cars are very easy to drive under 1:50.000 and im not even bragging.

Yes i am New and definitely no pro, so you should absolutely get it easily under 1:50.000.

I would celebrate if I could ever get near 1:50

Aren’t you new to this game or am I mistaken? I’d retire if I hit your mark!

Come on man, those just steps, not a slide:). Few month ago I couldn't drive a GT3 car for a one clean lap on Monza.

Edit: On projectcalc the fastest trackday A I see is 1:34.7. Fastest GTR is 1:35.5. Zonda appears to be slow, 1:39.4. There could be faster console times of course.

On console we can only see time trial times for a class. If I recall correct.

@AvolA @Morgoth_666

I’m so discouraged right now that I may forgo my early evening coffee and go straight to a real drink. I’ve never been worried about being a bottom of the pack racer because I’ve always been proud that I’m clean.

but, right about now I think I’m ashamed I posted my original time:nervous:

Nooooo mate, dont be. I never intended to give you that feeling. A clean driver is so much more worth than a fast one.

In my defense, i play Monza about 3 to 4 times every evening, it's one of my favorites. I usually race GT3 there, much like the GTR. So i am on familiair grounds there.

I am sure you would whoop my behind there if you give it a good go!

Apologies if i gave you any reason to be ashamed of your time. Never my intentions.

And im not sure in which timezone you live but its way past coffee time here haha

@AvolA @Morgoth_666

I’m so discouraged right now that I may forgo my early evening coffee and go straight to a real drink. I’ve never been worried about being a bottom of the pack racer because I’ve always been proud that I’m clean.

but, right about now I think I’m ashamed I posted my original time:nervous:

Maybe skip the drink and do some laps instead? Just kidding. :)

We're all much faster than somebody, and much slower than somebody else. I thought I was the worst driver ever in GT5 because I was way off on the leaderboards, then I went online and found out there were plenty of people my pace, and plenty more below us.

The difference between 1 second at the top of the board is often a lot more than 5 seconds a ways farther down because small differences are magnified the whole time your gas is on the floor. If you are looking to improve, there may be some simple things that are slowing you down far more than you'd expect. Maybe watch a couple of videos about driving technique and you'll see something you're missing. Chasing ghosts near you is a good way to learn how different drivers take lines, but I guess if you're on console that's not easy to do. Chasing ghosts that are 10 seconds faster than you isn't much help.

A lot of times we're trying to process so much at once that you can't see an issue until everything else has become natural, then you learn something new and it makes much more sense. Or there could be something in your setup slowing you down(wrong tires could account for several seconds for example).

The point of it all is to have fun. And being clean is way more important than being fast. Nobody here is trying to prove anything(well, I'm not), we just drive at our pace which is the result of all the things we've learned.

Assuming we are all talking about the same P1 GTR at modern Monza GP of course.

Just whatever you do, don't ever get discouraged.

Last edited:
Ok. Right about now I am feeling a little bit less worthless as a Sim driver. Lol

I only ran 3 laps so it’s possible if I practice more I might be able to get around 1:45, at best. And, truth be told, I’m not sure I could even do that

05714A24-368A-4FE7-877A-56EC3F7543EA.jpeg

Ok. Right about now I am feeling a little bit less worthless as a Sim driver. Lol

I only ran 3 laps so it’s possible if I practice more I might be able to get around 1:45, at best. And, truth be told, I’m not sure I could even do that

View attachment 925004
👍

As long as you can see more time you've got something to work for. And by the time you find it you often see a little more. Then somebody else shows you where to find a little more. That's racin'.

You've started something @slthree :)

I don't think I've driven it very much before so it took a few laps to get the general hang of it (and Monza again). After 6 laps I managed a 1.41 but the hybrid juice had already run out by then so I was lacking a bit of electric boost. I might try again tomorrow when I'm more awake. And also when I've mapped the DRS button! I'm not used to these technological thingumajigs.
SC off TC & ABS on. A nice warm August day.

I might be able to get around 1:45, at best. And, truth be told, I’m not sure I could even do that
Oh yes you could. I know you've got in you.

Back