Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
No problem buying it now and redeeming it to play it later. First choice for me is always the MS store Iceland since it does work with all credit cards without VPN, etc..
My prefered keyshop is Eneba with the second choice Gamivo if a game on Xbox isn't available in the MS-Store in Iceland or Eneba. I always check the prices over at keyforsteam which also list discount codes and complete prices including Paypal-Fees.

I'm still debating whether or not to pick up a used copy of PC1 gotye for my SX purely for the bigger grid sizes on certain tracks, I read somewhere that it's about 50 odd/ish on Le Mans but I can't be sure, I know the PC version has even more.

Edit: found my answer.
I still own PCARS deluxe on PS4, I haven't install and try it yet on PS5, but I don't expect anything improved, except framerate, on PCARS 2 it was the XBOX X and PS4 pro upgrade that helped with more détails, increase resolution etc...

Nice thanks

I plan on buying a series x around the time forza 8 is release and im also interested in forza horizon 5 and there is no way im gonna leave pcars 2 out even if i own it on ps.
Yes do it, appart PC this is the best way to enjoy the game on console, and yes you will be able to enjoy all the forza horizon and motorsport as well
If you have a PS wheel, using drivehub on serie x is just great

^^^^ I'm a big fan of Forza M, but PC2 means I'm not desperate
pepe-le-pew.gif

Last edited:
You're not wrong. What a car. Sounds angry but doesn't want to kill you. Even using the rear passenger cam for immersion and it's flawless.

Thanks for sharing. Was he too slow to drive the car in the end? Bit confusing since they could've cut lots of parts which are irrelevant since he isn't getting into the car living his dream. To be fair what happened is exactly what you would expect bringing a new car to Le Mans build by a non-works-team. Still the Panoz were georgeous. Loved them in the later silver paint scheme running in the IMSA and USRRC. It never really worked but the GTR-1 Q9 Hybrid was astonishing in 1998 many years ahead of it's time and the purple livery with yellow flashs was awesome too.

gtr-1q9hy.jpg
gtr1-silver.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Was he too slow to drive the car in the end? Bit confusing since they could've cut lots of parts which are irrelevant since he isn't getting into the car living his dream.
I can't shed more light on it I'm afraid, but I'm guessing it was never realistic for him to be a driver (esp after Panoz got involved) and he was more of a money man in the end. But he got to drive around the circuit at least.

Just realized pc2 is missing the Ruff cars from pc1, too bad, there was about 5 interesting cars in that, yellow bird, rgt8, 12, ctr3, i forget the names exactly.
There's 3 in ac at least, i could always re-install pc1 i guess. But storage..

Just realized pc2 is missing the Ruff cars from pc1, too bad, there was about 5 interesting cars in that, yellow bird, rgt8, 12, ctr3, i forget the names exactly.

Yes that's too bad, I still have my copy, so I will give a go, just to see how it works on PS5
And I miss some of the car sounds of PC1, far more dynamic and agressive

The Ruf licence was given up for Porsche.

It's also missing the Atoms.

Thankfully on PC many of the missing cars can be restored via mods.

Not sure about PS5 but I still use resolution mode over graphics mode on the SX as it gives such a clean image, I've never used performance mode even on my 1X.

Last edited:
On ps5 what's the best setup to use.

Performance mode or Resolution mode or just leave it at game default.
There's no real need for performance, it's pretty much 60 fps anyway in the graphics modes. Resolution is the way to go over the other "enhanced visuals" option.

In fact, you'll better use quality mode on next generation console, the game use dynamic scaling, so with higher CPU and GPU it's always scaling to the max
You will have all the détails you need here

EDIT : I've tested again on xbox SX, between resolution mode and quality, the resolution seems to be the same, I can hardly see a différence, but I'm sure that you loose some tiny details in resolution mode over quality mode

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Was he too slow to drive the car in the end? Bit confusing since they could've cut lots of parts which are irrelevant since he isn't getting into the car living his dream. To be fair what happened is exactly what you would expect bringing a new car to Le Mans build by a non-works-team. Still the Panoz were georgeous. Loved them in the later silver paint scheme running in the IMSA and USRRC. It never really worked but the GTR-1 Q9 Hybrid was astonishing in 1998 many years ahead of it's time and the purple livery with yellow flashs was awesome too.
His realistic dream was to take a team to Le Mans. An outside dream of dreams was that he would be able to take part himself. That was off the table almost immediately in Episode 1.

There wasn't much differentiation between PCars 3 and Grid. Pretty sure the last SMS guys are now working on the Grid franchise instead of another 2 quiet similar games now both from EA. Maybe even Need for Speed at the moment before release.

PCars was never a GT/Forza alternative since it was a Assetto Corsa alternative first and than a Grid alternative but never a AAA simcade release like Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo. If you're still fixed on PCars 1 or 2 just switch to Automobilista 2.

My thoughts exactly. The duopoly now seems inevitable, one in each console. Still there is the PC route, some go and never return
I am simultaneously an example and exception!

My PS4 became a bookshelf decoration a while ago* and my gaming laptop suits me much better than an Xbox-whatever or PS5, but I still have not switched back to the standard PC sim paradigm.

I really feel like I have no choice but to construct what I'd like to play from scratch. That's fun and all, but I've had no good way to unwind in a fresh sim that someone else made. :crazy: FH5 spited me by wiping my save data...twice. Not just that, but it was such a bizarre black-and-white mix in terms of quality or value.

2023 is around the corner, and this game and EPR are still the best reasons for me to pull out my wheel rig. It sounds like others feel the same way about PCARS2. That's less than ideal.

* - No offense toward Sony; when the new laptop needed a spot, the PS4 lost its round of musical chairs to none other than the PS2...obviously.

I feel less alone in thinking sim developers have been spinning their wheels in a rut for a decade, and PCARS2 was a blind stab in the right direction for motorsports sims. Also about sims like Assetto Corsa being unwieldy.

Back