Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Thing is, I'll probably never "complete" the game. I haven't used every car or every feature or done every event. I've never gone online. Never finished a Career or Championship. That's not even about not liking any particular feature and/or discipline. There is so much available. So much to do. I'm stuck on certain disciplines because I love those particular disciplines. it's a solo player's dream.

PCARS2 was a blind stab in the right direction for motorsports sims
It was/is really. It has quite a lot of depth if needed but also has some good jump in playability about it. Other games often swing too far in either direction.

PC3 went for the more playability route, which I think they mostly achieved, but in doing so it stepped away from the balanced middle ground in which unfortunately there's nothing out there (or coming) to take over PC2's GOAT status.

How many of you are still playing PC2 in 2023? I know EA has killed the series, and Slightly Mad Studios is no more. PC3 also went in a slightly different direction than PC2, but I finally decided to pick up this game (PS4 version) from Amazon this week, and now I can understand why it’s been so highly regarded by many. I’ve only tried a few cars on a few tracks so far, and I have to admit I haven’t had this much fun/enjoyment playing a racing game in quite a long time. I simply love the physics in this game, which makes me feel a lot more connected and in control. I would go so far to say that I probably like PC2 more than GT Sport/GT7 or even ACC (on PS4) in terms of the driving experience. It’s a shame that the DLC’s are no longer available in the PS Store (I’d be glad to buy them if they’re still available).

IndyCar at Long Beach is such a blast and a joy to drive:

How many of you are still playing PC2 in 2023? I know EA has killed the series, and Slightly Mad Studios is no more. PC3 also went in a slightly different direction than PC2, but I finally decided to pick up this game (PS4 version) from Amazon this week, and now I can understand why it’s been so highly regarded by many. I’ve only tried a few cars on a few tracks so far, and I have to admit I haven’t had this much fun/enjoyment playing a racing game in quite a long time. I simply love the physics in this game, which makes me feel a lot more connected and in control. I would go so far to say that I probably like PC2 more than GT Sport/GT7 or even ACC (on PS4) in terms of the driving experience. It’s a shame that the DLC’s are no longer available in the PS Store (I’d be glad to buy them if they’re still available).

IndyCar at Long Beach is such a blast and a joy to drive:

There's a few of us still playing in 23, I'm on the SX now & it's the only game I actually bought when I had my 1X. Can't be to sure so check first, but if you bought the deluxe edition then I think all dlc is on the disk, same as project cars 1 gotye.

Last edited:
I jump in now and again, for Group A stuff. Hoping and waiting for a 190E in GT7, so I can recreate the liveries from the 190E in this game. Anyway, when I feel like driving on a track that’s not in GT7, it’s good to have this game in my library.

Been playing Pc2 and AC along with ACC a lot.

By all accounts much more superior to GT7.

Both SMS and Kunos with a limited budget were able to produce compared to PD backed by Sony's money.

Money is not everything thats for sure.

I hope Reiza can bring AMS2 to console.

Last edited:
How many of you are still playing PC2 in 2023?
There are still some of us soldiering on with PC2. Although it's only myself and Zolon who are keeping the tumbleweeds away from the online section now. 🙂

I think it's a testament to the amount of varied content the game has that, even after all this time, we're still finding new combinations to race with. Plus on console currently there's nothing else with all the options to swap to.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. To many folks it's always been a bit of a gem. And nice lap. 👍 Now try it in a thunderstorm at night. 🙂

(PC3 is also worth a shot - if you can get it on sale. It still has a lot of the content - plus some more that's not in PC2. You can still get all the DLC for that as well.)

There are still some of us soldiering on with PC2. Although it's only myself and Zolon who are keeping the tumbleweeds away from the online section now. 🙂

I think it's a testament to the amount of varied content the game has that, even after all this time, we're still finding new combinations to race with. Plus on console currently there's nothing else with all the options to swap to.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. To many folks it's always been a bit of a gem. And nice lap. 👍 Now try it in a thunderstorm at night. 🙂

(PC3 is also worth a shot - if you can get it on sale. It still has a lot of the content - plus some more that's not in PC2. You can still get all the DLC for that as well.)

How much more arcadey is PC3 over PC2? I ask because I'm in the minority, in that I actually prefer simcade games to be more on the arcade side of things than sim side...so GRID, Ridge Racer, OutRun 2, etc...those are my jam.

Very arcadey. Like breaking boxes by driving through them for points in the career arcadey. Very accessable driving fizziks that are still rewarding but not sim level. Plenty of pinball machine sounds when you hit cars and walls/barriers.

It's still my go-to on the Series X. I would do more online but I'm always on when nobody else is. Plus I'm mostly on XBox which doesn't have as many players, although if any of you want to have a go I will happily crash and lose badly anytime. But I find the single player to be one of the best around.

@Beezer215 I think you've sold PC3 to @isamu 😄

While it does have those things, I've had some brilliant races with it using the custom mode. Like PC2 you can drive anything anywhere without any unlocking. It's also has great controller implementation, if that's what you use.
Breaking boxes aside, there is a serious side to it, I think it's a great game. I've had some amazing races and play it sometimes daily on the rivals mode. I really enjoy the variety of tracks and cars. I love the fact that I'm not fighting with the controller, it feels sublime. If someone could implement that feeling and control as a mod for PC2 I don't think I'd play anything else.

There's a few of us still playing in 23, I'm on the SX now & it's the only game I actually bought when I had my 1X. Can't be to sure so check first, but if you bought the deluxe edition then I think all dlc is on the disk, same as project cars 1 gotye.
I’m not sure if the Deluxe Edition was ever released for the PS4, at least I didn’t see it on Amazon. I certainly would’ve bought it if it were available.

PC2 is a gem for sure. I just wish I had picked it up sooner. It’s not perfect, but where it matters the most in the area of driving sensation and feel, it’s top notch. Even just lapping around Le Mans or Daytona in LMP cars is so much fun. If PC3 is more arcadey, I probably won’t bother. PC2 has more than enough content to tide me over for a while anyway (I also have GT7 to finish). I have not tried wet weather yet, but I will certainly give it a go just to see what it’s like.

Its my most played racing game ever. Its not without it flaws but at least on console there isnt anything else like it. Gran Turismo looks amazing and has a lot of cars but racing the AI is just pointless, theyre more obstacles than anything else, and the grind is not something I enjoy either. Then there is ACC which is great but too narrowly focused to keep me engaged for too long.

I do play other games like AC, ACC, F1 and Dirt Rally and now WRC as well, but sooner or later allways come back to PC2 :)

At some point in the future I'll probably switch to playing on a PC and of course there is much more choice so I think that might be the point I'll say goodbye to my old friend Project Cars :P

I'll probably switch to playing on a PC and of course there is much more choice so I think that might be the point I'll say goodbye to my old friend Project Cars
PC2 is a different experience on PC. Custom FFB files have transformed the game and fixed a lot of issues. Not all but enough.
Plus you have a bunch of mods. PC2 is still relevant on PC. Plus it runs better and looks better.

PC2 is a different experience on PC. Custom FFB files have transformed the game and fixed a lot of issues. Not all but enough.
Plus you have a bunch of mods. PC2 is still relevant on PC. Plus it runs better and looks better.
Stop making me jealous lol

I jump in now and again, for Group A stuff. Hoping and waiting for a 190E in GT7, so I can recreate the liveries from the 190E in this game. Anyway, when I feel like driving on a track that’s not in GT7, it’s good to have this game in my library.
Group A is awesome too. I think the physics are very good for those cars (but what do I know, I've never actually driven one).

Stop making me jealous lol
Sorry Home Alone GIF by filmeditor

Hi Beezer. Do you by any chance have a link to where I can see a list of mods available for PC2 PC? I didn't think the PC version was moddable.

Group A is awesome too. I think the physics are very good for those cars (but what do I know, I've never actually driven one).
I'm a sucker for the 320i TC as well. I mainly do one make races with that. Faux Castrol livery at Silverstone and Porsche test track. Too cool.

The sad thing about modding the game on PC is that, unlike AC modding, it seems that PC2 modding is content only, on the whole. AC though, mods were created for weather, lighting, effects (like smoke) and physics. SMS missed an opportunity to get the community to fix some of the glaring bugs they were too distracted by other hairbrained projects to get around to.

Console AC is a decent game with incredible wheel feel and decent physics, but not a shadow of the game it has become on PC. If PC2 had the same community contribution to the game engine that AC had, it might be a totally different thing. Reiza has shown what could be done, but they are a small team. It takes a village…

I don't know, I was on PC2 for a long while last night revisiting it after spending so much time in AMS2. IT was a great experience.
After I learned a lot from AMS2, I tried applying that to PC2, especially in setups of cars, and presto, it worked great. I might have a new lease on PC2 actually.
That is until all the content comes over to AMS2. :D

I don't know, I was on PC2 for a long while last night revisiting it after spending so much time in AMS2. IT was a great experience.
After I learned a lot from AMS2, I tried applying that to PC2, especially in setups of cars, and presto, it worked great. I might have a new lease on PC2 actually.
That is until all the content comes over to AMS2. :D
I doubt much of the DLC will get ported. That Namco Bandai had end of life’d the entire content and no Ultimate Edition (for consoles at least) so you could buy a used disk, it seems to indicate that the licenses for all the DLC content expired. Without a console base to backstop the PC players, it’s doubtful Reiza could afford new licenses for the paid DLC.

I doubt much of the DLC will get ported. That Namco Bandai had end of life’d the entire content and no Ultimate Edition (for consoles at least) so you could buy a used disk, it seems to indicate that the licenses for all the DLC content expired. Without a console base to backstop the PC players, it’s doubtful Reiza could afford new licenses for the paid DLC.
Officially they've already stated they are done with content ported from PC2, pretty sure the Nissan content was the last of it.

Unofficially however quite a few things have made it over via mods and Reiza has said they are working on ways to make it easier to mod the game.

Oh I meant from our modding teams. All the stuff in PC2 and PC3 can be added to AMS2.

I've never played this game before so I have 3 questions that i'm wondering about:

1. I plan on purchasing this on PC, is it easy to play via a controller? Assetto Corsa is a fun game but almost impossible to play on a controller and required me purchasing a steering wheel which I sadly cannot use at the moment due to limited space.

2. By the general consensus of the topic it seem like this one is much better over PC3, so would this + any of it's DLC be the better choice?

3. Can custom races be setup using multi classes of cars with me being able to choose each individual car? I am a huge fan of 90s-early 2000s racecars/supercars and this game has a very good list of those, i'd like to make custom races with some of the lower end ones - the LMP900 cars.

I've never played this game before so I have 3 questions that i'm wondering about:
Hi SSX

1/ I don't think it's the easiest game to initially jump into and play with a controller. But once you get used to the driving physics and probably after a few tweaks of the available settings it can become quite playable. That's all some use.

2/ Most do consider PC2 better, it is the much more complete motorsports simulator. I actually also like PC3, but for different reasons.
But here's the catch, PC2 and it's DLC isn't available digitally anymore, it's been delisted. You can still get a disk but I don't think that came with the DLC. All the DLC was great but there's still plenty of content without it.
PC3 is still available and has much better controller support from the get go, if that's important.

3/ Multi class racing is certainly possible in PC2 (up to 4 classes) but you can't pick the individual cars you race against, that's down to the game. To a certain extent multi class is possible in PC3, but, depending on the classes, it's somewhat more haphazard!

Latest Posts

Back