Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I definitely heard somewhere that cross-winds will be felt, but I imagine tail winds will slightly increase speed but reduce downforce, and head winds will slightly reduce speed and increase downforce. I'm just wondering if wind can be gusty, and change direction. I imagine it will.

Every race track has a wind sock so it's great that a developer has finally realised why. :)

Judging from the Brands Hatch flags in both the leaked and official trailer I would say yes. :)

I hope to see all Formula 1 tracks :
done : GP d'Espagne Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, GP de Monaco Monte Carlo, GP de Grande-Bretagne Silverstone, GP de Belgique Spa-Francorchamps, GP d'Italie Monza, GP du Japon Suzuka,

- GP d'Australie Albert Park Circuit
- GP de Chine Shanghai International Circuit
- GP de Bahreïn Bahrain International Circuit
- GP de Russie Sochi Autodrom
- GP du Canada Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve
- GP d'Europe Streets of Baku
- GP d'Autriche Red Bull Ring
- GP de Hongrie Hungaroring
- GP de Singapour Singapore Street Circuit
- GP de Malaisie Sepang International Circuit
- GP des États-Unis Circuit of the Americas
- GP du Mexique Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
- Brazilian GP Interlagos
- Abu Dhabi GP Yas Marina Circuit

Yes. We have new physics and from that falls out new FFB. For this one we're shipping (as of now) 3 FFB preset options (we default 1 of course) that you can single click and get (hopefully!) the feel you prefer from the feedback. I'm biased but it's a huge step forward from the rocket science we had before. That rocket science is still hidden in sub menus and accessible for the more masochistic :)

The FFB is transformed in pCARS2 and we have a one click three option 'feel' system (as of now, this may change) to allow you to get the feel you want instantly. The FFB should not need to be tailored per car. It should reflect the nuanced differences of each car.

I personally have put away my wheel for pCARS2. I'm using a pad exclusively...

@IanBell - Hi Ian, I have a few questions regarding FFB.

1) Are the "Rocket Science" options still exactly the same, or have they been simplified?

2) Even though the FFB shouldn't need to be tailored per car, do we still have the options to do so?

3) P CARS had 2 preset FFB options, P CARS 2 has 3; is this the only improvement that's been made regarding FFB options?

4) Have you made an effort to optimize each supported wheel, or are we going to be left to our own devices again fiddling endlessly with the Rocket Science options?

5) Seeing as you are playing the game exclusively on a pad during development this time around, how are you able to keep an eye on proper FFB development for wheels?

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of the way that you guys develop P CARS, but I'm not much of a masochist! As such, I was never able to get into the first game as the FFB options were so bewilideringly complex & I couldn't be bothered to print settings off the net & spend ages inputting all the data. That & all the bugs put me off entirely

Constructive criticism/ideas;

1) It would be nice to have a "Share FFB Settings" option so that players could send FFB settings to each other, &/or upload/download them from an online library.

2) It would also be nice to have a similar option for tuning cars.

What do you reckon?

:cheers:

Last edited:
@IanBell

Thank you very much for your feedback. It's great to have this kind of linkage with the online community.

About valuable tracks with history in sportscars, looking to the last ten years, i can still look to some that are still being forgotten to have a quality representation in consoles.

That's the case of
- Magny Cours
- Macau
- Adelaide
- Paul Ricard
- Zandvoort
- Istanbul Park
- Kyalami
- Isle of Man

I hope that the no-announcement of Monza and Spa is because of the announcement of the classic tracks. Old Spa holds the pole-position hurging to be represented.

But Old Osterreichring, Old Zandvoort and old Kyalami should be also top priorities to any classic tracks pack.

And by the way, if Interlagos is on PC2, why not include the old Interlagos? That was an insane layout!

And i loved to race at Dijon-Prenois in Shift. It would be great to return.

Thank you for keep us dreaming!

Attachments

• Interlagos_1973.jpg
    Interlagos_1973.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 25
Somehow I think this coin will flip over in the future. I remember a Dan greenwald interview (Turn 10 - Forza) where he said in the old days they almost had to beg a car brand to include their cars in the Forza series where as today the car brands come to them to ask them to put their cars in the game.

I can see the same thing happening with tracks, but maybe eSports and some big game names need to settle a couple years more.

Suppose Project CARS will be the next big thing in regards to eSports in Japan with millions of players, you bet those pesky Suzuka owners would want their track in it as well, especially if Fuji, Twin Ring Montejo, etc. are all there.

Maybe kind of a question of the chicken and the egg, who wants/needs who the most. :)

The irony of this is that Suzuka in particular is owned by a car company that is represented in the game (Honda, as is Motegi). Toyota owns Fuji. You would think that this would make it easier to get the track licensing, but apparently not.

hello IAN
you can change the car setup in the race?
please let this is very important for the championships
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
hello IAN
you can change the car setup in the race?
please let this is very important for the championships
Thanks in advance
Seriously. I was going to post about the blindspot/vehicle indicator in the Corvette(I mean, I just did, but I had the same thought).

I honestly don't understand the cost for licensing these tracks. I mean if I was a track owner and a game developer contacted me to license my track into their game I'd let them do it for free, after all it would be free advertising for my track! The only thing I would prefer to do is to keep an eye on development and have a say there as well, the track would need to represented well enough and deliver a quality representation of the real thing.

This makes me wonder Ian, do ALL track owners ask a price to use their track? Or are some free of costs as well?

You have to remember giving away track time for scanning means less track time for paying customers..,practice

The irony of this is that Suzuka in particular is owned by a car company that is represented in the game (Honda, as is Motegi). Toyota owns Fuji. You would think that this would make it easier to get the track licensing, but apparently not.

It sounds like licensing is easy it's the price tag thats the hard pill to swallow

i see Acura NSX in announcement.
maybe this one more
2017-Acura-TLX-GT-front.jpg

Honda ?
maybe in list of Honda cars : http://hpd.honda.com/motorsports/

- civic type R ?
- Civic in RX Champ ?
- LMP 1 ?
- LMP 2 ?
- Indycar ?
- other ?
3891203_GRC%20Front%20Two.jpg

Last edited:
i see Acura NSX in announcement. Honda ?
maybe in list of Honda cars : http://hpd.honda.com/motorsports/

- civic type R ?
- Civic in RX Champ ?
- LMP 1 ?
- LMP 2 ?
- Indycar ?
- other ?
3891203_GRC%20Front%20Two.jpg

No idea what might be in there other than the Acura (Honda) NSX and the IndyCars (don't recall if they distingushed between Chevrolet and Honda engines?). My point was simply that they have SOME Honda related licensing already.

This is my favorite quote from that article:
“It’s important to us that whatever new content we bring into the game that there is context for it; we don’t want to have this amazing car in the game if all you can ever do with it is race by itself, because there is nothing in its field or in its class or type that makes sense. That was very much one of our key targets here.”

There are so many games which are simply a nice collection of cars.
Project CARS is a Racing Game.

No words about RX Championship. i think/hope it will be a future announcement.
RX Tracks : Done : Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Hockenheimring
Others :
- PORTUGAL - Montalegre
- BELGIUM - Circuit Jules Tacheny
- GB - Lydden Hill
- NORWAY - hell
- SWEDEN - Holjes Motorstadion
- CANADA - Grand Prix de Trois-Rivieres
- FRANCE - Lohéac
- LATVIA - Bikernieki National Sports Base
- GERMANY - Estering
- SOUTH AFRICA - Killarney International Raceway

Ice Challenge:

Do you think about ice challenge called 'Andros trophee' (http://www.tropheeandros.com/ ?
personally, not very convinced that there is a public for that

Yop mate :-)
I believe there's always fans ^_^
Andros Trophee is the perfect championship to find ice tracks, and it is an actual championship, so having all the tracks would make PC2 even more realistic, unique.

Moreover, as they say : "the more, the better"

Yop mate :-)
I believe there's always fans ^_^
Andros Trophee is the perfect championship to find ice tracks, and it is an actual championship, so having all the tracks would make PC2 even more realistic, unique.

Moreover, as they say : "the more, the better"
The game has RallyX and already 2 of the circuits within the series (Not including Hell screenshots) just not the layouts but i'm positive that the game will have them.

No idea what might be in there other than the Acura (Honda) NSX and the IndyCars (don't recall if they distingushed between Chevrolet and Honda engines?). My point was simply that they have SOME Honda related licensing already.
i don't see Honda licensing (for me, acura is sort of ruf or Lexus)

Besides Career, Quick Race and TT/Practice modes we know, is there more single player features (like custom championships) or more options on Quick Race planned?

i don't see Honda licensing (for me, acura is sort of ruf or Lexus)

Acura is simply a "luxury" label for Honda the same as Lexus for Toyota and Infiniti for Nissan. Similar to Lincoln for Ford.

Keep in mind that the Acura brand was originally introduced only for the North American market. The original NSX was sold under the HONDA badge everywhere else.

No matter how you look at it, Acura is still Honda (as in Honda is the parent company) and therefore Honda makes the business decisions.

I'd been waiting over a decade for a (non-F1) game with the 'race weekend' structure of Project CARS, where competing is the most important thing, not necessarily the actual winning. It still baffles me that GT and FM haven't included something similar to get away from the ridiculous concept that if you aren't placing (and earning some abstract 'XP' or 'credits' while doing so), you aren't progressing...
Even then, PCARS1 is still victory-or-nothing with its Historic Goals, Accolades, unlocks for invitationals, and even the way your contracted team or twitter followers react to less-than-victorious finishes. Enthusia is an example of a game that really rewards competing instead of winning, with a ranking system that gives the most points for any hard-fought race even if you finish 3rd or 4th (of six cars), by awarding a bonus for driving a slower car according to your odds calculated against the rest of the grid. I would love to see SMS figure out ideas for PCARS' career mode that allow it to be similarly flexible, rewarding you for any hard-fought finish, even if it falls short of the podium.

Your career mode idea is laudable, and I considered taking PCARS1 seriously like you've suggested, but the possibility of various race-ending glitches, UI oversights, and physics hiccups turned me off from the idea. And after a few seasons, I found the career mode doesn't offer the incentive or the right atmosphere to take things slow and make the most of the format. Maybe PCARS2 will be polished enough and offer enough depth and meaning to its career mode for me to savor it like I considered for PCARS1. 👍

i'm hyped asf for PCars 2 they can go all out and them some finally something i can sink my racing skills into and un rust them from the grave. their putting the features I've been asking for since the first game :D :cheers: (i know i know i shouldn't dance this early... but come on)

Back