Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
According to Andy Tudor, today is a massive day but he can't talk about it. Interesting.

In another exciting episode of Project CARS Twitter replies, we have this.

Either confirming Mugello or officially confirming the Red Bull Ring.

Told this guy to stay tuned regarding Zandvoort.

I'm really curious about that Andy Tudor tweet. Any guesses of what it could be?

Could be about getting a license for a car/track/series although I would have thought it's too close to release to be signing licenses now unless it's for DLC :confused:

According to Andy Tudor, today is a massive day but he can't talk about it. Interesting.

Maybe Porsche, Lambo & Ferrari officially.

Maybe Porsche, Lambo & Ferrari officially.
That's already been confirmed to be in. I'd say it would be finalising something we don't know. That's why I said release date.

IMO it's too early for the release date. They took a beating on PC1 with 2 or 3 delays. I think iit is a new track announcement after PC other tweets
It's due to be released in 2017 and the earliest we know is September which is 5 months from now.

The Andy Tudor tweet would suggest something of a bigger impact than a circuit judging by the 'MASSIVE' in my opinion.

It would be more the announcement of a series licence, for example FIA WEC, or the massive means size so, monster truck racing. Probably not though!

I was thinking even bigger than this. His tweet made it seem like the news was unexpected, that he was surprised. With the technical partnership with a tire manufacturer, Ginetta, and laser scanning so many tracks, I wonder if SMS was invited to use PCars 2 as a test bed for the LMP1 car or something. You could try a concept in game and see how it drove, then modify it in game. The final car could hypothetically be built from the best virtual approximation created in game. This is unlikely and hard to believe, but this is the level I think of when Andy said "MASSIVE."

I was thinking even bigger than this. His tweet made it seem like the news was unexpected, that he was surprised. With the technical partnership with a tire manufacturer, Ginetta, and laser scanning so many tracks, I wonder if SMS was invited to use PCars 2 as a test bed for the LMP1 car or something. You could try a concept in game and see how it drove, then modify it in game. The final car could hypothetically be built from the best virtual approximation created in game. This is unlikely and hard to believe, but this is the level I think of when Andy said "MASSIVE."
Well. This would be pretty cool. Plus, Ginetta did have a conference today regarding their LMP1 program.

For some reason this has been playing in my head all evening when reading about that "MASSIVE" thing...

looks like it was something to be announce later down the line, so the MASSIVE day was only for the internal team to know so could be months before we find out what all that is about. Maybe it is a deal for a race series as some have already guessed.

I think FIA WEC is a strong contender, they have all car licence to cover that and would only need to get a few more tracks. It kicked off at Silverstone yesterday so that would be no coincidence. It would be a major boost to sales for sms as endurance is so popular with sim and motor sports enthusiasts. It would also mean FIA WEC gain some popularity. It may seem late to do this but they can really show how much hype the game is already getting and of course demonstrate the gamended to them. Still plenty of time b4 late 2017.

Back