Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,195 comments
I really like those articles where they go into the deep. It shows their love for the cars selected. But come on, how much longer will I be left in the utter utter darkness.....:lol:
I like them too.

In this one they pretty much throw the Renault 442B, DLC in the first game, right under the bus, which was eye opening.

Last edited:
I'm so hyped after reading that SMS is working on online driver swaps!
Hopefully it will be ready for the next Daytona 24 hour race.
Imagine, 24 hours at Daytona with real weather, dynamic time of day, in a team with driver swaps!

Did I mention that I'm hyped about this!

It's also news to me... Let me get back to you on this guys.

Ah, a possible mis-quote or translation issue in the original article? I must admit I thought this would have caused more of a buzz if it was true, especially with FM7 announcing similar performance. That Dutch site is the only place I've seen it reported thus far.

I came across this recent article at the Verge. Which is why after GT6 and FM4, I am done with Consoles.

Last edited:
Yup, this was a misquote. We're running sub 60 FPS at 4K and we'll probably always be unless we drop livetrack and a host of other things... We'll probably upscale from something very reasonable.

Thanks for the clarification Ian - I'll update the discussions on NeoGAF and the official pCARS forums.

So is a locked 60fps on consoles a high priority in pCARS 2?

Last edited:
I cant for the love of
Thanks for the clarification Ian - I'll update the discussions on NeoGAF and the official pCARS forums.

I don't think his comment sounded like 60fps can be possible with the amount of physic based calculations if you would want like 16 cars on track, the "jaguar" cpu in consoles is probably not fast enough for 60fps in a game like this.

Forza 7 has only 24cars on track and it seems forza 7 doesn't even come close to what PC2 is doing physics wise.

We don't like the term 'locked'. It would put us in first party territory where chest beating is more important than a great experience. We'll be 60 most of the time in normal racing and we'll push the consoles to and beyond their limits for more interesting racing. Even if that means dropping a few frames.

The gpu's on these consoles will be the limiting factor, due to the cost of the consoles. If they added about $250-$300 to the price, you might be seeing 60fps at 4K with minimal drops in fps equal to a PC.

We don't like the term 'locked'. It would put us in first party territory where chest beating is more important than a great experience. We'll be 60 most of the time in normal racing and we'll push the consoles to and beyond their limits for more interesting racing. Even if that means dropping a few frames.

Thanks for the clarification - much appreciated.

One more question if I may: will pCARS 2 be optimised to use the full grunt of the PS Pro? Boost Mode did great things (especially for wet races) but it's a bit of a halfway house, not using all available resources. Many thanks.

The gpu's on these consoles will be the limiting factor, due to the cost of the consoles. If they added about $250-$300 to the price, you might be seeing 60fps at 4K with minimal drops in fps equal to a PC.

I don't think any sane person was expecting 4k/60 on Pro or XOX - that's why the Dutch article was such a surprise. The option to reduce resolution slightly to hit a solid 60fps would be welcomed by a lot of people though, I believe.

I think I would love it if you supported 1440p unlocked using Freesync / Freesync 2 on XOX, presuming that the XOX would support 1440p native out..

I think a freesync'd 45-60fps would be incredible and a big step up from either no-vsync tearing or sync'd stuttering.. the fly in the ointment assuming freesync/freesync2 is possible on XOX is the damn monitors available are largely all 1440p if you want HDMI and affordable.. But I suspect it's either 1080p or 4K framebuffers or bust..

Oh, and just re-read your post, I would say that having a locked 60fps is more about the fact quite a few of us put a locked 60fps ahead of graphical features as the stuttering or tearing are exceedingly distracting and jarring..

Last edited:
I think I would love it if you supported 1440p unlocked using Freesync / Freesync 2 on XOX, presuming that the XOX would support 1440p native out..

I think a freesync'd 45-60fps would be incredible and a big step up from either no-vsync tearing or sync'd stuttering.. the fly in the ointment assuming freesync/freesync2 is possible on XOX is the damn monitors available are largely all 1440p if you want HDMI and affordable.. But I suspect it's either 1080p or 4K framebuffers or bust..

I'd gladly take 900p on PS Pro if it meant rock-solid performance.

(As an option, of course. Wouldn't want to upset other people with different desires).

Latest Posts

Back