Project CARS 2 Patch and Update Discussion

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,396 comments
I have been informed that some people play on headphones that don't allow for an external control of audio. They're limited to what the volume control on the headphones themselves and the volume control in the PS4 menu. The only thing I can think of off-hand is to use a stereo receiver and plug the headphones into there with a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter. Then use the USB to power the mic? Would that work?
@FOG-Smokebeer
What brand of headphones don’t have a volume control?

I'm trying not to be a jerk here. It's kind of the one thing I have to be good at. Just covering all bases so I don't look ignorant.

Nice... Regular PS4 gets shafted...

And why can't consoles have lobby names and text chat? I've asked @IanBell multiple times and frankly in very respectful ways but I don't even get a vague response. Nothing...
I want the makes and models of the cars listed next to their images in pre-race and results screens and don't get why we can't have that. There's loads of space in the boxes for this information. Instead I have to squint at the little car pictures and work it out myself...

I'm not sure about PC but is that something PC has that consoles don't or it's not in the game at all anywhere? If it's not in the game at all then there's a difference.

We know the ability to have text chat and lobby names is on PC. I'm sure someone with coding experience could explain the differences those things would have on console and maybe why those differences prevent them from showing up. I don't know, it's not my field.

With the inclusion of the graphics slider on PS4 Pro (and presumably XB1X) which is already on PC, we have proof that PC features can find their way onto consoles. I assume nothing is simple with tech stuff but if this could be done why not believe other features can as well?

Sometimes Ian is able to give a generous response as to why something can't be included or why he's not able to discuss the topic at all and I was hoping we could at least get that much.

I was thinking on a regular PS4 it would still be able to optimize certain things no?

I mean more to what purpose? Regular PS4 and Xbox one s are already being pushed quite hard so I feel the tweaking factor wouldn’t really add anything worthwhile. With the pro consoles you have that extra power to be able to prioritise things for your experience.

I see. I figured PS4 could still prioritize framerate over graphics but if it needs more to be able to do that then so be it. Eventually I'd like a PS4 Pro if they don't make a PS5 sooner but either way I need a new TV. I'm still on 720p 32"

I was hoping they might add something like the temporal slider from pCARS1 to give a choice between image smoothness and crispness so we could maybe tone down the jaggies a bit but doesn't seem likely.

I have been informed that some people play on headphones that don't allow for an external control of audio. They're limited to what the volume control on the headphones themselves and the volume control in the PS4 menu. The only thing I can think of off-hand is to use a stereo receiver and plug the headphones into there with a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter. Then use the USB to power the mic? Would that work?
@FOG-Smokebeer
I'll try to shed some light here. If I use the fiber optic audio port, then plug my headphones into the jack on my tv, volume is plenty loud. But, now I have a wire connected, and I can no longer use any voice chat features.

If I just use my wireless headphones with the usb dongle, as intended - and how I use them for every other game I own, the overall volume is just not loud enough. Even though all adjustments are maxed out. Voice chat is very loud, but car's noises are just kinda muted. It's like the car volume slider needs to go to 150. PCars 1 didn't have this issue. (PS4 user)

I'll try to shed some light here. If I use the fiber optic audio port, then plug my headphones into the jack on my tv, volume is plenty loud. But, now I have a wire connected, and I can no longer use any voice chat features.

If I just use my wireless headphones with the usb dongle, as intended - and how I use them for every other game I own, the overall volume is just not loud enough. Even though all adjustments are maxed out. Voice chat is very loud, but car's noises are just kinda muted. It's like the car volume slider needs to go to 150. PCars 1 didn't have this issue. (PS4 user)
What is the name of your headset? Does it have its own volume control when you use it as a wireless usb headset or do you have to adjust all of the volume in game and through various PSN menus?

.......If I just use my wireless headphones with the usb dongle, as intended - and how I use them for every other game I own, the overall volume is just not loud enough. Even though all adjustments are maxed out. Voice chat is very loud, but car's noises are just kinda muted. It's like the car volume slider needs to go to 150. PCars 1 didn't have this issue. (PS4 user)

I can vouch for this. I think it's something they need to iron out. Many have echoed same audio issue.

Can't remember which headset Gr8_Lakes has but Ozwheels I have the Playstation Gold wireless which is very good and it also has it's own volume adjustment control thingy.

ive never taken the game online at all since launch and I enjoyed the offline, but now I'm squarely in love after racing online last night. I think I'm used to the idea that the game will never look like GTS now and lack of aliasing doesn't bother me anymore.

The inclusion of a tracking speed option in photo mode is baffling. Good in principle but bad in execution. I've also spun out on tracks more times in the last 4 hours since the patch than I ever have before it, but somehow I don't mind. The driving is fantastic.

Good job SMS. One more patch or two to clean up the tyre smoke issue and whatever else, and this will be my favorite racing title in years.

I can vouch for this. I think it's something they need to iron out. Many have echoed same audio issue.

Can't remember which headset Gr8_Lakes has but Ozwheels I have the Playstation Gold wireless which is very good and it also has it's own volume adjustment control thingy.
Do you have problems with the game being too quiet with your PlayStation Gold? I know that’s a popular headset.

What is the name of your headset? Does it have its own volume control when you use it as a wireless usb headset or do you have to adjust all of the volume in game and through various PSN menus?
I have two Sony Gold headsets, and a Logitech G933 Artemis. Both brands have volume control on the headset. Maxing volume in PS4 menu, maxing volume in game, and maxing volume on the headset... Still not loud as it should be. Every other game doesn't even need maximum volume. It's definitely an issue, but I'm not sure if SMS finds it a priority.

I have two Sony Gold headsets, and a Logitech G933 Artemis. Both brands have volume control on the headset. Maxing volume in PS4 menu, maxing volume in game, and maxing volume on the headset... Still not loud as it should be. Every other game doesn't even need maximum volume. It's definitely an issue, but I'm not sure if SMS finds it a priority.
That is definitely strange. If I max my headset and in game sound my neighbors could hear the game.

Do you have problems with the game being too quiet with your PlayStation Gold? I know that’s a popular headset.

Basically same as Gr8_Lakes with in-game audio/car/race director/spotter (Chat is fine though). Not a problem with other games nor was with Pcars 1.

The only problem with this patch is that it highlights other problems

You have to use a controller with a right analog stick and move the cursor over it and disable. Can't say I've personally had a problem disabling it. I know in patch 2 I would enable it and it wouldn't work so not dismissing this as not a glitch...

That took care of it, thanks for the help. I just started up with the controller attached, moved the cursor up there and turned it off then unhooked the controller and launched the wheel and that mirror isn't there anymore.

I'm just now taking notice of the low sound on XBONE. Using the Civic Type R, I switched to chase cam. Then, to cockpit and cycled back to chase cam. All to have a look at the car.

When I cycled back to cockpit, it sounds like helmet cam is stuck. I then cycled to helmet cam and each of the views. Helmet cam sound is playing in all views. This was in Practice and Qualifying at Monza.

During the race, the sound was fine at the start. When the engineer spoke, the engine sound dies down. Normally, the engineer speaks louder over the engine. However, the engine went low. Then, I cycled the cameras and the sound stayed low for each view.

Since the patch released the setups are in psi but the pit strategy’s are still in bar. If you convert the psi to bar on google does it work? Does the car feel the same?

Any other Fanatec users on Xbox lose almost all FFB after this latest patch? There was something in the patch notes about making changes to improve Fanatec wheels but it had the opposite effect.

Latest Posts

Back