Project CARS 2 Screenshot Thread

:embarrassed::)

Well to be fair my cars anttina is right dead center on the S :P:lol::D

But for real i knew i seen that picture and i was looking for it before i took my i just didn't know in what thread it was posted.:)

:embarrassed::)

Well to be fair my cars anttina is right dead center on the S :P:lol::D

But for real i knew i seen that picture and i was looking for it before i took my i just didn't know in what thread it was posted.:)
:D good point!

It's all good, hence the ;) in my previous post :). I'm sure that every one of us has 'taken inspiration' from another screenshotter at some point (I know I have!), getting new ideas for how to arrange a shot, what effects look good, which ones don't etc etc. All that matters is the end result :)

27628087297_9d8a540582_z.jpg

40691102960_da659f74e4_z.jpg

27628086647_812e004bd8_z.jpg

27628092247_ed06c1bce2_z.jpg

27628092417_b6d615b65c_z.jpg

27628092727_65b6e2e50b_z.jpg

My first race on Vintage La Sarthe, I had to drive a Ford Mk.IV on it!
42626960132_e522e272ea_z.jpg

27807205827_52e0c0b359_z.jpg

42626959452_9ef51198e3_z.jpg

27807205427_f67055aacc_z.jpg

42626958842_971d1c54f0_z.jpg

Last edited:
My first attempts at doing this... please give me some tips (a.k.a. criticism) if you have any.

a41d6507-2bba-46fc-baa9-14fce06d85b7.PNG

e2362cdb-f4c1-4225-a29d-86e6efa56aac.PNG

e5ad5408-0c8c-4548-bbf9-8313f37c7bb8.PNG

fca8bc92-2b66-4307-9df3-b91f1826d407.PNG

99c281e6-571b-4659-a99f-af7048e474d2.PNG

Quick question though, why do my pics all have a B back button icon in the bottom left...?? :confused: :lol::lol:
Thanks in advance!!
I like your pictures a lot, especially the third one. Don't think you need any advice at all. :)
And regarding the Back button, it's a bug. I save my photos using the Share button so that this doesn't happen. 👍

My first attempts at doing this... please give me some tips (a.k.a. criticism) if you have any.

Quick question though, why do my pics all have a B back button icon in the bottom left...?? :confused: :lol::lol:
Thanks in advance!!
3rd and 4th shots are great. What kills the other shots, for me, is the lack of motion blur in the foreground. It's a problem with certain angles, camera heights and focal length. If you see that effect, increase the shutter speed until all of the foreground is also blurred. Otherwise, a pretty nice set of natural looking shots :)

EDIT : I posted the following on my league's forum (not 'my' league as such, but one I help run) a couple of weeks ago. It is not meant to be comprehensive or "a definitive guide", it was just a rough set of ideas to help a couple of people out. It's point #5 - the one I make reference to above - that is my personal beef with a lot of shots. For me, it completely ruins a shot, taking it from 'wow' to 'meh' in an instant. I've done it myself in the past, by accident, but it's now almost the first thing I look for when I take my shots.

I don't want this to sound preachy and big-headed, I need to get that out of the way first. God knows I am not the last word when it comes to screenshots and I look back at some of my earliest shots and cringe. What I'm about to say is really just some general screenshot advice, to try and give things a bit more 'pazazz'. In other words, please don't take offence as none is meant or intended :)

1. Go easy on the focus depth (the first slider bar). When you go really low on that F-stop you often run the risk of making shots look like shots of models. F4 to F6 usually provide the best balance between the focus of the car and the surroundings. Anything less than F4 should really be reserved for close-up shots, detail of bodywork, that type of thing

2. Choose your weather carefully. Some times of the day and some weather conditions can create really 'flat' looking shots, with colours that don't shine and dull reflections.

3. Make good use of the contrast and exposure settings in the filter screen. Those two settings alone can transform an image.

4. Motion blur. Use it when you've got a lot of background showing. Very few games really shine when you study the background details, those are the areas that don't tend to be really detailed as it's just a waste of resources when you're racing. The base of trees, for example, is something you really want to avoid showing as it will instantly break that "holy crap" moment.

5. Study your shot carefully before taking the screenshot. Look for motion blur anomalies, on the car and the surroundings. The long shutter time settings (the 'lowest' - ie, longest - is 1/30) can create weirdness where the car meets the background and also in the track/grass surfaces in the foreground.

6. Don't be afraid to focus on something other than maybe the main object. I've taken a few shots where the focus has been the 2nd or 3rd car back, to create more of a sense of depth to the shot. Even de-focussing the car slightly can make it a little more believable, if you're after a shot that is trying to be realistic, rather than show-stopping.

7. Use the filters wisely and to your advantage. Play with the sliders to see how they change the image, enhancing specific areas. Practice will soon mean you know which filter (and at what level) is going to work well with any given image on screen. But play around, sometimes an odd choice of filter can work wonders.

8. Look back at the image afterwards and be your own worst critic. Don't be afraid to bin the shot if you don't think it "sparkles" in any way. I have binned probably 5x the number of shots I still have on my drive (and I have thousands upon thousands)

9. Draw inspiration from others and do so unashamedly. We all do it, few of us admit to it, but take ideas from other screenshotters and incorporate them into your own shots. I learnt a lot by sub-consciously picking up ideas from kelnor34 and FlyPT , both of whom have long taken outstanding shots - their shots are often to be seen in SMS marketing shots.

10. Keep taking shots and enjoy doing so. If you get bored of it, stop for a while and come back to it again at some point. We can all overdose at times.

EDIT : And since this is a screenshot thread, here's a screenshot :D

Last edited:
Back