Project CARS 2 Track List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 737 comments
It's been pinned! #Success
QImA0JX.jpg

I'm counting 57 locations, not 58.
When you list the Kart and Rallycross tracks as separate locations (because they're completely different layouts anyway) the actual count is 64.

I'm counting 57 locations, not 58.
When you list the Kart and Rallycross tracks as separate locations (because they're completely different layouts anyway) the actual count is 64.
SMS only counted the Classics as separate locations.

I don't see the point of doing that and clearly they don't either. They'll put it in when they're announced.
I guess, but just as silly letting us know how many cars and tracks to be expected in the DLC and not actually knowing what cars & tracks they are.

May have been better to keep that info hidden. Just say more content for Season Pass pre-order.

Considering the lineup is already quite impressive, I'm very curious to see what other tracks are going to be coming. Also, as ever with racing games, I want to see how they're handled with regards to player accessibility if they haven't purchased the DLC.

Considering the lineup is already quite impressive, I'm very curious to see what other tracks are going to be coming. Also, as ever with racing games, I want to see how they're handled with regards to player accessibility if they haven't purchased the DLC.
Accessibility will probably be the same as PC1. A long time ago, Ian said (on this forum) that they've sourced a scan for Interlagos.

Hey @IanBell, is Virginia International Raceway VIR on your radar in terms of what American tracks to consider for future DLC/PCars 3?

Also, can you explain what the logistics are behind the reduced number of American tracks compared to European?

Hey @IanBell, is Virginia International Raceway VIR on your radar in terms of what American tracks to consider for future DLC/PCars 3?

Also, can you explain what the logistics are behind the reduced number of American tracks compared to European?
The number of American tracks for this second game has increased compared to the first.

The number of American tracks for this second game has increased compared to the first.
No kidding... as in more than doubled. Went from 6 locations to 13.

pCARS1:
  • Willow Springs (2 layouts)
  • Sonoma (3 Layouts
  • Laguna Seca
  • Road America
  • Watkins Glen (2 layouts)
  • California Highway (5 layouts)

pCARS 2:
  • Willow Springs (2 layouts)
  • Sonoma (3 Layouts
  • Laguna Seca
  • Road America
  • Watkins Glen (2 layouts)
  • California Highway (5 layouts)
  • CoTA (3 layouts)
  • Long Beach
  • Indianapolis (2 layouts)
  • Daytona International Speedway (2 layouts)
  • Daytona RX
  • DirtFish (3 layouts)
  • Texas Motorspeedway (3 layouts)

I also didn't bother including Mojave in either list since it is fictional and can't be used for any real racing (no pits). California Highway is also fictional, but is useable for stage racing.

Now about that complete lack of Canadian tracks..........

What is DirtFish? Just a rally cross track?

I get they had to add the historic ovals, and when thinking about newer tracks it makes sense to choose COTA. If they chose Long Beach to satisfy one street track (since many US series use them) they made a good choice.

Personally I don't like the oval "road courses" that much. I'd rather some real road courses like Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, and VIR. I'd honestly be okay with them scrapping Willow Springs. I never liked that track, especially the last "no apex" turn.

Edit: Lime Rock and Canadian Motorsports Park are nice but very plain and simple, like Oulton. Sure there's some elevation change but there's better options. Now, the Canadian track that F1 runs at would be really good to have. Super fast with close barriers and the "wall of champions" to boot.

I get they had to add the historic ovals, and when thinking about newer tracks it makes sense to choose COTA. If they chose Long Beach to satisfy one street track (since many US series use them) they made a good choice.

Personally I don't like the oval "road courses" that much. I'd rather some real road courses like Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, and VIR. I'd honestly be okay with them scrapping Willow Springs. I never liked that track, especially the last "no apex" turn.

Edit: Lime Rock and Canadian Motorsports Park are nice but very plain and simple, like Oulton. Sure there's some elevation change but there's better options. Now, the Canadian track that F1 runs at would be really good to have. Super fast with close barriers and the "wall of champions" to boot.

Since CTMP is my "home" track, I would argue that I would prefer to have it. I will however take Circuit Gilles Villeneuve as well, but there are many more excellent Canadian tracks as well, such as Toronto Street circuit, the old Vancouver street circuit, Trois Riviers, Calabogie Motorsports Park, etc.

As for DirtFish, yes, it is a RX track.

We could add the Toronto urban circuit as well, used by the indycar series.
ROAD ATLANTA AND ITS MAGICAL ESSES OMG I FAINT
Barber circuit would be nice as well it offered really nice and thrilling races these last years in indycar

Last but not least : sebring.
It's a great absent

Just jumping in to ask a question out of curiosity, but does anyone know what happened to the track in this image?

Project-CARS-2-02-638x267.jpg

Also, I remember way back in the early development of PCars 1, they had a working version of the Solitude Rennstrecke historic racetrack, which seemed like it would have been really cool. I wonder if we'll see more historic tracks in the future.

*Edit: I don't want people to think I'm disappointed with the track list! It's the greatest I've ever seen (aside from ToCa Race Driver 3). I'm just wondering about potential future additions.

Just jumping in to ask a question out of curiosity, but does anyone know what happened to the track in this image?

Project-CARS-2-02-638x267.jpg

Also, I remember way back in the early development of PCars 1, they had a working version of the Solitude Rennstrecke historic racetrack, which seemed like it would have been really cool. I wonder if we'll see more historic tracks in the future.

*Edit: I don't want people to think I'm disappointed with the track list! It's the greatest I've ever seen (aside from ToCa Race Driver 3). I'm just wondering about potential future additions.

Looks like the original Daytona beach and road course in the screenshot. Hmm...maybe my idea for an early stock cars pack in the "Create Your Own DLC" thread isn't so far fetched...

Now about that complete lack of Canadian tracks.........
People always noted in PC1 that the track icon on the Monitor was Mosport.

Which is a pretty nice track. But it never has happened so far.

As far as US Tracks - with the Indycar License something like Belle Isle or Alabama would be nice. But the rest is pretty much covered.

I go out on a limb here and say the 4 DLC Tracks will be
Interlagos
Macau
Mexico City
Paul Ricard

Back