Project CARS 2 Track List

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 737 comments
Any idea what these courses are?
image.png
image.png

Without being specific, the top one has been revealed already by SMS but not the bottom one :). I'm a WMD2-er so I tend to avoid saying anything directly, hence why I'm not saying anything more than that :)

EDIT : Woah, ninja'd by jake. I can neither confirm or deny what he's posted!

We need Sebring, belle isle, Canadian tire motorsport park, Goodwood, zandervoort, twin ring motegi and yas marina....please SMS make this happen

Any idea what this course might be?? (Thinking either Zuhuai or Sportland Sugo.)
image.jpeg

So now we know Zuhuai is in PCARs 2 according to this picture.
image.jpeg

Any idea what this course might be?? (Thinking either Zuhuai or Sportland Sugo.)
View attachment 637410

So now we know Zuhuai is in PCARs 2 according to this picture.
View attachment 637408
I think they might be Zhuhai. My first guess would have been Fuji but the pitlane entry wasn't anywhere within shot and Zhuhai entry is before final corner. Also, having a quick Google, there's a Dunlop overhang at Sugo.

I think they might be Zhuhai. My first guess would have been Fuji but the pitlane entry wasn't anywhere within shot and Zhuhai entry is before final corner. Also, having a quick Google, there's a Dunlop overhang at Sugo.

Another guess I have in mind is Okayama, it looks to be coming off a left turn and onto a straight.

We need [...] yas marina....please SMS make this happen
That piece of *brown substance with unsavory flavour* won't be needed in any world ever.

The following link might offend users by using a more concrete word to describe the aforementioned substance and including some words several two-year-olds would surely have to wash there mouths for.

Last edited:
That piece of dog**** won't be needed in any world ever.

It's in F1, there's a Gulf 12h, former host of the V8SC, hosts Formula Gulf. Yes, it's a bad track but it's a prominent track so why not add it?

Also, in the AUP.
  • You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.

Because it's a bad track. :D

Apart from that, is my post now acceptable?
I'm not a mod. I just warned you that somebody will point that out.

Just because it's a bad track? How do you know you won't like it in PC2. (If it was in)

Just because it's a bad track? How do you know you won't like it in PC2. (If it was in)
Are you really basically asking me how I know I'd dislike something I think to be bad? :D

I don't like slow, technical corners. I think that entire sections of them are the single most awful thing that can happen to a track. I hate 90 degree corners. I dislike asphalt runoff. While the game isn't known to me, the track is. And I think the layout to be *a special kind of excrement*.

I won't like that track no matter in which game I play it.

Are you really basically asking me how I know I'd dislike something I think to be bad? :D

I don't like slow, technical corners. I think that entire sections of them are the single most awful thing that can happen to a track. I hate 90 degree corners. I dislike asphalt runoff. While the game isn't known to me, the track is. And I think the layout to be *a special kind of excrement*.

Well bro there's plenty of tracks like this in many racing games including PC1 and probably PC2 as well. Everybody has different tastes and styles of tracks they prefer. I happen to like all kinds of tracks so the more the better honestly.

I changed my mind about Monza, when I raced in PC1. Hated that lifeless track in GT. Hated it online as well. Go. Chicane. Go. Chicane. Go. Chicane. Long right hander. Finish.

Forza made it a little more bearable because of car choices(the old school D class coupes).

However, PC1 has bumps and drama and for some awesome reason, its more technical. Having to pick braking points for different cars, has kept me sharp. I race on it over and over an am still learning the track.

If Yas is in the game, Each configuration will be a challenge with each individual car. That's the key. SMS have made it fun that, almost no two cars drive the same. I know it has helped me learn what car will do what at each track.

Just as a side: With Live 3.0, it'll be like real life. Teams go to a track with data from a previous season, but don't know what the track will be like until they get there. It may be cool one day, warm the next. Hot in the morning, cool down during the day. Tailwind or side gusts.

Not saying you still wouldn't hate a specific track(I hate racing at Dubai because the AI pedal away from me at the infield sections), but I drive my favorite cars, to extract the most performance from them. I can't wait.

I changed my mind about Monza, when I raced in PC1. Hated that lifeless track in GT. Hated it online as well. Go. Chicane. Go. Chicane. Go. Chicane. Long right hander. Finish.

...However, PC1 has bumps and drama and for some awesome reason, its more technical. Having to pick braking points for different cars, has kept me sharp. I race on it over and over an am still learning the track.
PCARS1 kinda changed my opinion on a handful of tracks I thought I didn't like or didn't expect to enjoy. I thought tracks like Monza, Road America, or Laguna Seca were a 🤬 chore...which is probably the fault of Forza's obnoxious physics.

Enthusia Professional Racing only has the Nordschleife and Tsukuba for real life tracks, and Live for Speed only has Rockingham, so I simply haven't experienced many of these tracks in a worthwhile simulator. The physics in PCARS1 are far from perfect, but its handling and dynamic elements are enough to bring certain tracks to life like no other sim I've played ever has.

Well bro there's plenty of tracks like this in many racing games including PC1 and probably PC2 as well. Everybody has different tastes and styles of tracks they prefer. I happen to like all kinds of tracks so the more the better honestly.

I was aware that my opinion's not universal even before you pointed that out to me. That's a given in every forum, so I didn't bother to put some "in my opinion" in front of my statements.

@05RX8 Opinion changes can happen in some cases from game to game. Mostly they happen if one feature that defines the "badness" of the track isn't as apparent in another game, and things you like are highlighted or newly implemented. However, if they include bumps in Yas Marina, that's just plain unrealistic, cause that lifeless thing doesn't have any.

Other than that, I can't think of one thing I would be able to like about sector 2 and 3, no matter if they have endless grip or no grip at all. Therefore, an opinion change concerning this track is so unlikely I can safely assume that I want basically every other track before this one.

I always hated Yas Marina mainly because I can't drive it to save my life. I think because it is flat it throws my braking off, i need some hills on the corners to help with my braking markers. It doesn't help that I avoid it so my hours on the track are lacking

PCARS1 kinda changed my opinion on a handful of tracks I thought I didn't like or didn't expect to enjoy. I thought tracks like Monza, Road America, or Laguna Seca were a 🤬 chore...which is probably the fault of Forza's obnoxious physics.

Enthusia Professional Racing only has the Nordschleife and Tsukuba for real life tracks, and Live for Speed only has Rockingham, so I simply haven't experienced many of these tracks in a worthwhile simulator. The physics in PCARS1 are far from perfect, but its handling and dynamic elements are enough to bring certain tracks to life like no other sim I've played ever has.
Yeah definitely, PC1 changed my whole perception on racing games after being with GT for a solid 13 years when i was 3-17. Can you imagine that i used to hate driving on Le Mans (LE MANS) unless it was the chicane-less version. Boom raced on it with PC1 PS4 45 cars i fell in love quicker than any other racing game i have ever owned,.

Yeah definitely, PC1 changed my whole perception on racing games after being with GT for a solid 13 years when i was 3-17. Can you imagine that i used to hate driving on Le Mans (LE MANS) unless it was the chicane-less version. Boom raced on it with PC1 PS4 45 cars i fell in love quicker than any other racing game i have ever owned,.
It seems to me that those of us who came from the PlayStation/Gran Turismo lineage of "sim racing" adore the things Project CARS does more than those who did not.

It seems to me that those of us who came from the PlayStation/Gran Turismo lineage of "sim racing" adore the things Project CARS does more than those who did not.

There are those of us who came from the PC side that see it as well. I raced sims on the PC side for many years before getting involved with the GT franchise. The main thing the GT Franchise had over the sims I raced on the PC side was the active online community.

The guys in the league will tell you I always praised the PC sims I was familiar with (especially GTR2) for all the things they did better than GT ever did (especially the feeling of being in contact with the track surface).

Even today, comparing to other PC sims, while pCARS1 has it's issues, there are so many things that it does "right" compared ot other PC sims, that it far surpasses all of the others in my opinion. The others all do 1 or 2 things right, but pCARS1 is by far the most "complete" package. It's for this reason that I have such high hopes and high expectations for pCARS2. Added to that is @IanBell 's early statements about pCARS2 being as significant a jump over pCARS1 as GTR2 was over GTR. He set the bar pretty damn high with that statement and I told him then and there I intended to hold him to it (for whatever that's worth :lol: ).

The way PC2 is looking i dont even care that some things are left out from the new game. SMS is definitely a progressive publisher or company and i literally cant wait for PC2 for they have brought light into my heart for racing again. Not kissing 🤬 btw im being serious. PC! was the first game i had ever preordered in my life and it was worth it as i can honestly say. For me its the freedom of that 🤬 limitation of 6, 12, 16 cars. I dont even know why they shrunk it to 10. PC brings us freedom on a whole new level that isn't present in GT. I live in the ghetto so finding people who consider racing as a sport or who doesnt want to play a arcade racer is pretty hard to come by. So i look forward more to the offline racing freedom and when i want a less artificial intelligent opponent, i sometimes go online. The one thing i love about this game is the tracklist. SMS doesnt cheek you the 🤬 out of the number of tracks by saying we have 50 tracks in game but that number also includes the variations so its more like 19 unique tracks yeah ok go 🤬 yourself. But speaking on variations; does anyone think that we will see any kart tracks from Le Mans and maybe the historical and chicane-less versions as well. :lol:

Also i dont want to be that person to jinx things but just to keep my mind in a good state, are we getting the oval version of Daytona as well. I know stupid question but im also concerned to the fact that we've been shown the 24hr layout only. Unless i missed it ;)

Im sure we will get the oval version. If they announce or post a pic of NASCAR or stock car of some sort then there's a 99 percent chance there will be a daytona oval

Latest Posts

Back