Project Cars 2 v1.4 Update Now Available on PC — Consoles Coming Soon

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 217 comments
I race full grids on XB1. Guess I'm too old to realise, I'm just having fun. However, I'll try the 13 AI grid and report.

Xbox One or Xbox One S? Is there a difference in performance regarding the AI?

Not that I really care because I have a PS4 lol.

Although it is interesting.

I tested this limited AI theory out again last night and 16 AI is definitely the point at which the game physics crap out for me on my original XBO. With 15 I was comfortable and racing fine with the AI, car fully under control, able to push through the fast corners (Nurburgring GP circuit) with good grip and FFB although still too weak was at least consistent throughout. As soon as I upped it to 16 that all changed. Going through turn 2 the backend was constantly losing grip and through any of the fast turns at 5, 8 and 10 that I could previously take with confidence the grip levels at the rear had dropped alarmingly and the rear was wanting to slide around on me. My lap times suffered to the tune of 4 seconds as a result :scared: The FFB had now become very erratic with the wheel jerking alarmingly at times.

There is such a clear difference between how the game performs with just the addition of that one extra AI. Whether that number is the same for all cars and circuits or whether some are better \ worse than others I can't say at the moment but i'll test that out over the coming days to see.

Interesting test at lunchtime today. Decided to replicate the previous AI numbers test but this time in the Nissan Oreca LMP2 (I stayed at Nurburgring GP for a fair test).

15 AI was again perfect, no weirdness with the physics, strange FFB effects or any issues with the AI so on to 16 AI I went expecting to find the same problems as with the Audi. But again there were no problems, unlike with the Audi R8 16 AI still seemed stable with the Oreca and I was able to race very nicely and experienced no problems whatsoever. I then took a bigger jump and went with 25 AI. To my surprise everything was again solid. The car behaved well, the FFB was consistent with no jerkiness and the lack of rear end grip that was exhibited when running the Audi with 16 AI was not apparent in the Oreca with 25 AI.

So it seems this particular problem is perhaps car dependent. I wondered whether it's maybe the closed cockpit cars that have the problem and not the open cockpit ones. I'll do further tests to see whether this proves to be the case.

One thing I neglected to mention was the Oreca was almost silent. I could barely hear it. All the audio settings were correct and I could hear it from the onboard camera in replay but whilst driving it gave just the faintest of audio. All other cars I could hear fine.

Anyone else experienced this in this or any other car?

One thing I neglected to mention was the Oreca was almost silent. I could barely hear it. All the audio settings were correct and I could hear it from the onboard camera in replay but whilst driving it gave just the faintest of audio. All other cars I could hear fine.

Anyone else experienced this in this or any other car?
I think the Oreca is open cockpit? If so, it's a common problem with most/all of the open cockpit cars.

I think the Oreca is open cockpit? If so, it's a common problem with most/all of the open cockpit cars.
Yes it is open cockpit. This isn't a problem with the Indycar which is the only other open wheeler i've tried so far.

Bad news if a common issue as it was so low.. how the hell did they miss that!!

Back