Project Cars 2 v1.4 Update Now Available on PC — Consoles Coming Soon

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 217 comments
The way they do this is not on imo, if someone does not want the dlc why force them to download it? It should be in the store and if anyone wants it they download it.

You need it downloaded so the car shows up when you're racing against it online, regardless of whether or not it's unlocked for you to use
As per micmansour's post, the DLC is necessary in case you enter a lobby with people driving the DLC cars. There is also the argument, in favour of this route, that it makes the DLC content immediately available to play with the moment it is 'released'. It's us, the players, that benefit :)

Forgot how good this game was but also forgot the poor Anisotropic filtering on PS4 Pro.

Have been playing Forza 7 with a drivehub since Christmas so not paid much attention to PC2 other than the demo on Xbox which I don’t remember having poor AF. May have to double dip another deluxe digital edition on Xbox when it’s cheaper.

Forgot how good the driving experience was though! Still love it and this update has been excellent! Bring on the DLC!

Sound seems to be on par with Xbox now also. Mix seems to be better but may be placebo.

I'm hearing a lot about blue screen crashes since patch 4 - including some in my league. A guy in my league lost a championship last night as he could not get the game to start since the patch. Over at Project Cars official forums there is a fair few posts about it.

Cool thanks! 2 questions:

1) that’s for stick steering right? Or motion control?
2) what deadzones do you use? I’ve got them all set to 1 (not sure if 0 would work reliable even if my controllers are quite new).
I set the steering deadzone to 5 because that's what my analog stick needs. For this game I use a combination of small precise inputs and quick taps of the stick, depending on the situation. I set the other deadzones to 2.

I'm hearing a lot about blue screen crashes since patch 4 - including some in my league. A guy in my league lost a championship last night as he could not get the game to start since the patch. Over at Project Cars official forums there is a fair few posts about it.
I reinstalled my game. Deleted 60 friends that were on PS3. It actually worked. Finally

This perhaps isn't the best lap but I decided to try out the new slide assist for controllers and the improved LMP2 performance. Initial impressions of the update are very positive. I'll continue to play around with things when time permits. 👍

I tweaked and settled at these settings with an increased steering deadzone of 40 :) I find these nearer to other games I use on DS4 and find this is the sweet spot for slow inputs and for me to get most cars around the tracks without changing. Slightly different to Wolfe etc but Is anyone able to test these and see what you think?

After latest patch, I now have all values set to 0, except Speed Sensivity = 100.
Really like how most cars feel now with my DS4.

In fairness, some of us like the other 'whole other' world of photo mode as well as the standard one of driving/racing the same tracks with the cars you have ;) I know a few can be obsessive about that on occasion but it does have its fans, especially now that the graphics level has reached that zone of almost photo-realistic possibility.

There are also a few of us who are terrible at racing but pretty handy with photo mode, though in retrospect, pretty much all of those I know who are keen photo mode aficionados are very, very good at racing...so maybe that's just me.

In essence though, whilst it might not be such an important thing for some, once you've been bitten by that bug you do tend to see a game's potential through the eyes of its photo mode and graphical presentation.

PS I'm not talking about this game by the way, as I haven't yet put more than a morning into it in total.
Somebody should make a Pole Position game with the best photo mode EVER

As per micmansour's post, the DLC is necessary in case you enter a lobby with people driving the DLC cars. There is also the argument, in favour of this route, that it makes the DLC content immediately available to play with the moment it is 'released'. It's us, the players, that benefit :)
I thought in Pcars 2 you can't drive DLC cars and tracks unless you bought them, even if the host has them?

I've owned PC2 since release and played every patch. I've deleted my saved data and installed 1.4 (4) and I have to say it's great!

I am using the graphics setting of "enhanced resolution" on a PS4 PRO and I've done several "private timing sessions" at COTA and SPA in a McLaren 650S and I'm very happy. I feel like I'm driving the real thing (despite not owning one ).

SMS has finally won me over for realism and "good enough" graphics. GTS is still may favorite "game" but when I need a reality check, PC2 now has my attention.

F1 2017 is as close to garbage as possible and such a shame given its potential.

I have just noticed that if you create an online lobby it forces you to wait in the lobby for other players to join. Has it always done this or is it only post patch? I don't make lobbies often but I'm sure I have made lobbies in the past and have been running round the track by myself until other people join.

:confused:

I have just noticed that if you create an online lobby it forces you to wait in the lobby for other players to join. Has it always done this or is it only post patch? I don't make lobbies often but I'm sure I have made lobbies in the past and have been running round the track by myself until other people join.

It´s false
Yesterday i create a lobby with pratice,qualify and race and enter the room alone
People just start to joint me when i was in qualification

Was like that in v3.0 too

I take it no XBox patch yet?

RtSME1w.gif

:)

Damn, was hoping it was working faster than it already was :D

Do you have some experience with different cars and fast tire wear? If so, do you know which ones on fast tire wear need to change tires at 30 minutes or less?

Damn, was hoping it was working faster than it already was :D

Nope lol still testing. Accelerated lasted about an hour on nurburgring gp, pre patch they lasted 30-40 minutes in.

Testing at Barcelona now 14 laps on a single set they still have 60% life

What tires? Modern racing slicks? I know the vintage tires with treads wear quicker. The M1 ProCar is the only one I know personally to wear really fast.

Back