Project CARS 2 Videos

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,969 comments
This is from actual gameplay so I had a hard time judging which way to turn as I couldn't see where I was going. It was a bit funny at first but obviously not something I wish would happen again.

Yesterdays League race, after 20 laps within 0,5 sec of the leader he cracked in the last lap
[PS4] Ginetta GT4 @ Oulton Park

Broadcast :

My PoV
Qualy :

Race :

Ehh not "nothing can touch it" but track dependent I'd say. Well documented the 488 is planted (out of the box) and tends to give average Joe a little bit of alien sauce. Other cars tend to need a bit more setup work and track time to get up to pace. See plenty of Audi's, 650's, NSX's, Merc's around the top of the finishing order. GT3 is so diverse that each car has its place - Merc on straights, 911 braking/corners - its a tough task with a a large track roster and the simulation factoring in elevation, etc into performance. Thank you RL BoP's.

Anyway, I'm sure we will see the 488 brought inline with the others - fine line though as I do believe the cars are matched well to RL - we can rag the cars out there more in the sim world so every advantage is squeezed out of the cars.

*Now, if SMS could somehow implement a class wide BoP dependent on track inside QRW/lobby settings. i.e. Bathurst GT3 race - 488 lower boost, 911 less restrictor. Or give Player/league admins better BoP options in race setup. Think that would take the cake and please a large portion of players. More work but takes the heat off the devs.

Ehh not "nothing can touch it" but track dependent I'd say. Well documented the 488 is planted (out of the box) and tends to give average Joe a little bit of alien sauce. Other cars tend to need a bit more setup work and track time to get up to pace. See plenty of Audi's, 650's, NSX's, Merc's around the top of the finishing order. GT3 is so diverse that each car has its place - Merc on straights, 911 braking/corners - its a tough task with a a large track roster and the simulation factoring in elevation, etc into performance. Thank you RL BoP's.

Anyway, I'm sure we will see the 488 brought inline with the others - fine line though as I do believe the cars are matched well to RL - we can rag the cars out there more in the sim world so every advantage is squeezed out of the cars.

*Now, if SMS could somehow implement a class wide BoP dependent on track inside QRW/lobby settings. i.e. Bathurst GT3 race - 488 lower boost, 911 less restrictor. Or give Player/league admins better BoP options in race setup. Think that would take the cake and please a large portion of players. More work but takes the heat off the devs.
The 488 and the old 458 are known in real life to be easier than most to drive and that seems to have transferred to pCars 2. Personally I believe that translates in most people’s minds to it’s way too fast. As you said the other cars are cabapble of winning they just need more attention. I also see people straying away from the high downforce cars presumably because of the different driving style required. The problem is people don’t want to put the time in to make the others cars faster because all they hear is “drive the 488 it’s OP.” I have a bad feeling the 488 is going to be run into the ground and a previous unloved underdog will ‘mysteriously’ be the fastest after the patch.

The 488 and the old 458 are known in real life to be easier than most to drive and that seems to have transferred to pCars 2. Personally I believe that translates in most people’s minds to it’s way too fast. As you said the other cars are cabapble of winning they just need more attention. I also see people straying away from the high downforce cars presumably because of the different driving style required. The problem is people don’t want to put the time in to make the others cars faster because all they hear is “drive the 488 it’s OP.” I have a bad feeling the 488 is going to be run into the ground and a previous unloved underdog will ‘mysteriously’ be the fastest after the patch.
The 488 has the combination of being the fastest car at every track with a really easy to drive base setup which is one of the reasons it's so popular. On some tracks for instance it has a 1 sec advantage over other cars. In summary if the car is to get hit with a b.o.p change there shouldn't be anything to worry about because the last time it was this bad (pcars 1 Bentley gt3 release b.o.p) they fixed to be competitive for wins/wr's without making it god awful to drive.

The 488 has the combination of being the fastest car at every track with a really easy to drive base setup which is one of the reasons it's so popular. On some tracks for instance it has a 1 sec advantage over other cars. In summary if the car is to get hit with a b.o.p change there shouldn't be anything to worry about because the last time it was this bad (pcars 1 Bentley gt3 release b.o.p) they fixed to be competitive for wins/wr's without making it god awful to drive.
I’m not sure about a 1 second advantage. That’s pretty extreme. When I tested some cars it was no where near that.

The 1 second advantage is only on a couple tracks.
I still say the advantage is exaggerated. I’ve been out qualified by McLarens on downforce dependent tracks. I expect the McLaren to be very strong after the patch.

I still say the advantage is exaggerated. I’ve been out qualified by McLarens on downforce dependent tracks. I expect the McLaren to be very strong after the patch.
On downforce dependant tracks the Ferrari's advantage is lost somewhat but on the Nordschleife and Spa the pace of the Ferrari is untouchable.

Project CARS 2 | Porsche 911 GT3 RS @ Imola in Autumn

Great video! Having watched that and knowing how it would have felt sat behind the wheel in my rig it boggles the mind that people have so much to moan about the game. I realise there are issues and bugs to be sorted out, it's definitely not perfect, but the sheer joy you get from just driving cars is astonishing.

Back