Project CARS 2 Videos

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,969 comments
One more thing that was still there in pCARS1 that was driving me a bit nuts and still in pCARS2 unfortunately is "lights shining through things".
It was improved a bit, but still there.

On the positive note, the lights from the cars behind you no longer light up the whole cockpit anymore, that was a much bigger issue of mine so great improvement there!

Attachments

• Nitpick.jpg
    Nitpick.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 75

There is no rain drops on the screen atall, maybe its a setting that can be turned off for better visibility?

That's what it is, that video is using the Helmet Cam which uses a blur effect which makes the steering wheel, dash, windshield etc. have an out-of-focus look, which can be turned off.

One more thing that was still there in pCARS1 that was driving me a bit nuts and still in pCARS2 unfortunately is "lights shining through things".
It was improved a bit, but still there.

On the positive note, the lights from the cars behind you no longer light up the whole cockpit anymore, that was a much bigger issue of mine so great improvement there!
Yeah the visible lights through tarmac is still there. It's weird.

That's what it is, that video is using the Helmet Cam which uses a blur effect which makes the steering wheel, dash, windshield etc. have an out-of-focus look, which can be turned off.

I was aware of all those effects in PC1 and I know you could turn of rain drop effects on the whole screen but didn't think it was possible to remove rain drop effects from the car windscreen. Something new for PC2 I guess.

I was aware of all those effects in PC1 and I know you could turn of rain drop effects on the whole screen but didn't think it was possible to remove rain drop effects from the car windscreen. Something new for PC2 I guess.

When i first saw it, i just thought the rain was also out of focus.

I'd have just two requests (don't know if that's the correct thread, but I guess I'll find out). The first one'd require a bit more effort, the second one nearly none. So, then:
1) Could someone drive a longer race with time progression set to "real" that goes on for about one or two hours and transforms from wet to dry so we can see how fast it normally dries up? I thought that the videos we saw until now looked like it dried off too quickly, except for the big puddles. There should be a racing line for several laps.

2) Could someone lightly touch AI cars to show off that the sticking issue is gone?

I'd have just two requests (don't know if that's the correct thread, but I guess I'll find out). The first one'd require a bit more effort, the second one nearly none. So, then:
1) Could someone drive a longer race with time progression set to "real" that goes on for about one or two hours and transforms from wet to dry so we can see how fast it normally dries up? I thought that the videos we saw until now looked like it dried off too quickly, except for the big puddles. There should be a racing line for several laps.

2) Could someone lightly touch AI cars to show off that the sticking issue is gone?
2 has been shown a few times.

Here is the best example.

If I could request a video it would be a narrated one outlining how the FFB presets and sliders work this time around. Some personal feedback on the various presets and other adjustments would be helpful as well. A separate video for the pad users and all their available adjustments and what they do would be welcome as well.

Project CARS 2 WIP | w/Gamepad | Jaguar F-Type SVR Coupe @ Oulton Park International

I drove one of these at indianapolis, and that is EXACTLY how it sounds. Pure classic 60s crackles. Also, I dont want to start a war, but whenever a new game comes out I always check their sounds by seeing how THIS car sounds in-game. I did that with gtsport and it was so muted and tame compared to the real thing.

Sorry about double post

Back