Project CARS 2 Will Arrive September 22, Includes 11 Porsches Day One

Any news on if there will be a Demo/Beta of the game before release?

Although the game looks good I'm wary considering how the first one went, and a "try before you buy" option would help put my mind (and maybe the minds of others too) at ease.

@IanBell

I will buy this game while waiting for GTS :D

I'm going to buy this game play it and then buy GTS when its down to $25 :D
How much longer do we have to wait for GTS?

full

full
I have been playing Gran Turismo since the very beginning like many people here but I cannot help but think 'Who cares?' now. I don't like feeling that way about a series that has provided so much entertainment over nearly 20 years but cannot help it.

When you look at what PCars2 is offering compared to GTS you realise how disappointing a package it is. With Sony funding and significant development time, and being a system flagship title, GT should be the ultimate racing game. It's a long way off.

Last edited:
No road-cars in 1min40 of video... When you see the first game and the amount of bug (no need to give you compilation videos on YouTube), the game doesn't interrest me !

No road-cars in 1min40 of video... When you see the first game and the amount of bug (no need to give you compilation videos on YouTube), the game doesn't interrest me !
I do not get why you felt compelled to post this tidbit of information, but...

giphy.gif

I've never once thought "Hmmm, I need to run on over to the GT Sport Forum and let them know I'm not buying that game." I mean, who does that?

Last edited:
I hope we get a trans am boss 302 to take on those Z28s.

I remember SMS saying they were trying to pad-out the roster in certain series from PCARS1 so they aren't just one make racing anymore, so it's likely they'd have more than two cars in that class.

I hope it has something more than race weekend like a custom championship and grid so I can choose what cars go on the track.

I will buy this game instead of GTS :dopey:

GTS - better volume of sales
PC2 - my choice

Actually I'm gonna buy both, but PC2 as pre-order; GTS will wait, probably till first price reductions...

This is equivalent to buying a BMW M3 while waiting for the entry level. Just hope it's at least as playable as AC with a pad.

full

Yeah guys, I'm probably a GT fan, had been playing since the first ever GT. But now I'm growing up as an automotive enthusiast. So, I'll enjoy both of GTS and PCars2. Cheers lads :cheers:

Yeah guys, I'm probably a GT fan, had been playing since the first ever GT. But now I'm growing up as an automotive enthusiast. So, I'll enjoy both of GTS and PCars2. Cheers lads :cheers:

This. I am a supporter of all simulation style racing games (to some extent) so we as a sim community should be willing to play each sim game that comes out to form our own opinions. Not bash without playing for small minded reasons. Each game has things wrong and right. Can't we all agree on that?

Seeing those old Camaros and Trans Ams I smell a custom Trans-American championship like they held in the late 60's!!
Ian?

I'm still trying to figure out where you spotted the Pontiac and the Merc C-Class.

No boats in 1min40 of video... When you see the first game and the amount of bug (no need to give you compilation videos on YouTube), the game doesn't interrest me !

You can change it to anything. The game isn't really made with road cars in mind. It's a motorsport game.

I'm still trying to figure out where you spotted the Pontiac and the Merc C-Class.
I'll put my hand up for that. I poster "TRANS AM!" meaning T/A series.

Initially, I got confused with the A-class DRLs being the C-class DRLs. I didn't notice the hatch at that angle and thought it was a fictional C-class TC.

No boats in 1min40 of video... When you see the first game and the amount of bug (no need to give you compilation videos on YouTube), the game doesn't interrest me !

You can change it to anything. The game isn't really made with road cars in mind. It's a motorsport game.
Besides that, I thought it was already common knowledge SMS was still going to give us a healthy dose of road cars anyway.

The game isn't really made with road cars in mind. It's a motorsport game.
I kinda wish SMS would drop the pretense that the franchise is exclusively for motorsports, because there's no need to adopt that stance except to placate fussy individuals with an assurance that SMS remains dedicated to making the "right" kind of simulator.

The game has what it has for cars and tracks, whatever SMS wants to put in it. It's left to the player to do whatever you want with those assets, even if it isn't racing; maybe cruising and drifting on California Highway. The depth of PCARS2's simulation elements applies to driving as well as racing, making it just as good of a driving simulator as a racing simulator.

Latest Posts

Back