Project CARS 2 Will Arrive September 22, Includes 11 Porsches Day One

I kinda wish SMS would drop the pretense that the franchise is exclusively for motorsports, because there's no need to adopt that stance except to placate fussy individuals with an assurance that SMS remains dedicated to making the "right" kind of simulator.

The game has what it has for cars and tracks, whatever SMS wants to put in it. It's left to the player to do whatever you want with those assets, even if it isn't racing; maybe cruising and drifting on California Highway. The depth of PCARS2's simulation elements applies to driving as well as racing, making it just as good of a driving simulator as a racing simulator.

I don't remember them saying that it's exclusively motorsport because we wouldn't have road cars otherwise at all. However, being a game that's primary focus is motorsport, you can expect much less focus on road cars like Forza and Gran Turismo.

I kinda wish SMS would drop the pretense that the franchise is exclusively for motorsports, because there's no need to adopt that stance except to placate fussy individuals with an assurance that SMS remains dedicated to making the "right" kind of simulator.

The game has what it has for cars and tracks, whatever SMS wants to put in it. It's left to the player to do whatever you want with those assets, even if it isn't racing; maybe cruising and drifting on California Highway. The depth of PCARS2's simulation elements applies to driving as well as racing, making it just as good of a driving simulator as a racing simulator.
This is true and perhaps it is just semantics, but the connotation that comes along with being a "car game" is that it offers Tuning, Mods, Paints and, typically, some kind of RPG-type car collection scenario. This game offers none of that. This game is the polar opposite of that.

The Project CARS series mantra has been "for racers, by racers". Sure, road legal cars are in the game, but they're included within the context of the game itself, which is a motorsport game.

This is true and perhaps it is just semantics, but the connotation that comes along with being a "car game" is that it offers Tuning, Mods, Paints and, typically, some kind of RPG-type car collection scenario. This game offers none of that. This game is the polar opposite of that.

The Project CARS series mantra has been "for racers, by racers". Sure, road legal cars are in the game, but they're included within the context of the game itself, which is a motorsport game.
Yeah. This is exactly what I mean.

I'll be buying. Strangely enough I'm more looking forward to buying Pcars 2 than GT sport. Just got tired of waiting for GTsport.
i agree...but I will still get GTS because it will be the first game on PS4 from GT. PC2 I just hope they fix the bugs and crashing of the game while racing and add more cars which I know they will do and tracks. I see we will get Texas Oval and Indy so far and Ferrari and Nissan are all in. Obviously Porsche too. Be nice to see a WRX STI as well perhaps it can be a DLC or free car in the games future. Cant wait to try this game out.

I'll be buying. Strangely enough I'm more looking forward to buying Pcars 2 than GT sport. Just got tired of waiting for GTsport.
Everyone gets tired of waiting for a gran turismo game lol. Gran turismo first popped up in what 97 or 98 and it's barely on the 7th iteration...forza came out 8 years later and is already on the same number of games as GT.

I'll go out on a limb here (no negative karma here eh!) and say that I'm not that enthralled by this release. I was, I love the concept of PCars2, but a couple of things have made me less likely to get it...

1. My sim needs for Porsche are met in Assetto, it's just such a good game and getting better all the time. The Porches are fantastic in that game.

2. My online buddies are getting GT Sport - so I need to get that if i want to race online with them...

So, those two points limit the day zero appeal of PCars2, and it's no fault of their own to be honest. I'm less worried about the weather, though the dynamic track sounds awesome - but not a game changer, I actually am happy with Assetto's great-to-perfect track approach, makes for good racing.

The opposite for me.
My online buddies are all on PC and will be getting PCARS2, so I've already pre-ordered.

GTS was the only game that might have enticed me to buy a PS4, but it is completely underwhelming compared to PCARS2.
I also own AC, but it doesn't give me any near the immersion that PCARS does, never mind PCARS2.

September can't come soon enough!

I'm aware that's the "wrong" sort of game that some PCARS fans are hoping to avoid.

I've played and owned several "GT clones" beyond the Gran Turismo and Forza paradigm, and as far as I'm concerned PCARS plainly belongs in the same category. Not all of them allow you to upgrade or customize your car like Forza; not all of them involve currency or purchases. The career mode in PCARS is just another kind of RPG-esque scenario, like Enthusia's skill-focused climb up the rankings or R: Racing Evolution's episodic story mode.

What's tiresome is the implication that additional roadcars are a slippery slope to a particular set of game design tropes, and how some PCARS fans make it clear that anyone who likes the "wrong" cars or plays the game the "wrong" way is not welcome.

I'm aware that's the "wrong" sort of game that some PCARS fans are hoping to avoid.

I've played and owned several "GT clones" beyond the Gran Turismo and Forza paradigm, and as far as I'm concerned PCARS plainly belongs in the same category. Not all of them allow you to upgrade or customize your car like Forza; not all of them involve currency or purchases. The career mode in PCARS is just another kind of RPG-esque scenario, like Enthusia's skill-focused climb up the rankings or R: Racing Evolution's episodic story mode.

What's tiresome is the implication that additional roadcars are a slippery slope to a particular set of game design tropes, and how some PCARS fans make it clear that anyone who likes the "wrong" cars or plays the game the "wrong" way is not welcome.
I don't mind Road Cars in the game or any game. I have little to no interest in using them, but they're fine to be in there. I think, for many people, the idea is what they would rather see in a racing sim. Or how they themselves define "Racing Sim". People do not mind much that the F1 games do not include Road Cars. How many Road Cars are in Dirt 4 or in iRacing?

I don't mind Road Cars in the game or any game. I have little to no interest in using them, but they're fine to be in there. I think, for many people, the idea is what they would rather see in a racing sim. Or how they themselves define "Racing Sim". People do not mind much that the F1 games do not include Road Cars. How many Road Cars are in Dirt 4 or in iRacing?
There is production car based motor racing you know...

Nice to see SMS leading the pack with info and release date. I spell big trouble for the other boys!

Historic Monza is very tasty. Oval corners looks epic even with historic cars. This one will be huge.

Me Too! I'll definitely be happy this bday.

Mixed feelings. Just got out of a 2.5yr relationship. Her birthday is the 22 of september, although I'd rather be celebrating her birthday at least now I'm sure I'll have something to get my mind off :D

Always look on the bright side!

Back