Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,142 comments
I'm not sure but I would think that one of them must do it all. Flat spots I believe are modeled in PC2 but only subtly for playability reasons. We're not all race drivers so would probably end up changing tyres quite frequently. :)
Possibly playability over full simulation might be the reason for the lack of blow outs to.

I've not seen this. Good to know it exists when damage is enabled.
Nascar Heat 4 has blown tires. Actually quite good.

Live for Speed features flat spots, and your tires will blow out if you heat them up too much.

Drifting until the tires pop is amusing. :)

I'm not sure but I would think that one of them must do it all. Flat spots I believe are modeled in PC2 but only subtly for playability reasons. We're not all race drivers so would probably end up changing tyres quite frequently. :)
Possibly playability over full simulation might be the reason for the lack of blow outs to.

I've not seen this. Good to know it exists when damage is enabled.
Yep. It's happened to me more than a few times. Overheating is a big thing too. Damage to the bumper and following a car too closely, without moving over for fresh air.

I would recommend that perhaps in practice mode that if you pause the game. That it brings up a menu to adjust FOV settings and some of the others in almost real time. Either that or in the settings have an option to go into kind of a demo mode that allows you to adjust the settings and see what they do at the same time. Meaning it would display a car on track as you adjust those settings. I want to keep all the settings, just want them more informative and easier to set and see results.

Yeah. But AI had rarely that kind of failures.
I don't know if AI, in my races, had any of those failures. I do know, in PC1, AI had more mishaps(spearing off into the gravel) than in PC2. I can't recall seeing AI in PC2 taking each other out. It's more like "Take out the User!" in this game.

AI cars do take each other out and crash on their own, but it is pretty rare. It happens the most at places where they are prone to abject suicidal stupidity like turn 1 at Algarve of course. It would probably be difficult for a player to confirm whether they have the random mechanical/mistake issues in the pits like we do, since those don't have any effect other than making your pit stop take a few more seconds longer than it should. I've personally never seen one that seems to just be a little off the pace on the straights(if one is slow they are dangerously slow), so I strongly suspect that they do not suffer from the extremely punishing top speed reduction from very minor aero damage that we do.

They definitely do seem to be much more aggressive when behind you than when behind each other(or in front of you), but at least part of that is because they all drive the same line and have the same physics, so they almost never suddenly notice the car in front of them WAY off-line and off-pace(read as: 6 inches off the possibly illegal line they want and 3mph slow) presenting those giant gaping holes they can't resist diving into mid-corner.

#THRUXTONCONFIRMED!

I hope so!

I have been hoping for another really fast UK circuit to go with Silverstone Classic which is one of my favourite tracks in the game - I was thinking of Goodwood, Castle Combe (without the chicanes) or Thruxton.

Thruxton will do nicely! (Nigel Mansell averaged 147mph for a lap in 1993).

I hope everyone enjoys the following clip, particularly those not familiar with the circuit or its history.

And onboard in a classic Mini:

Yes Please @IanBell - PS does it increase the chances if I comment on how slim you looked in Jake's tweet!

Funny thing is driveclub hardcore handling bringing me the most fun with a wheel, and Dirt Rally 2 with a controller.

I burned pc2, literally, and assetto competizione ain't very good, so these two are doing wonders until pc3 comes.

The more I go back and read all the tidbits of information from @IanBell , the more I think the next installment of Project Cars will be playable on both Next Gen and current Gen consoles....

It has to be...

I don't see how it would not be possible....

SMS has been working on it long before we even know the limits of next gen consoles, or does that not even matter?

The more hardware this next game/sim can be played on, the more profit... What do you all think?

I just don't want to miss out on it since I know I will not be buying the next gen console just yet, not at least for a couple of years from now...

The more I go back and read all the tidbits of information from @IanBell , the more I think the next installment of Project Cars will be playable on both Next Gen and current Gen consoles....

It has to be...

SMS has been working on it long before we even know the limits of next gen consoles, or does that not even matter?

The more hardware this next game/sim can be played on, the more profit... What do you all think?

I just don't want to miss out on it since I know I will not be buying the next gen console just yet, not at least for a couple of years from now...

I don't think the next game will be playable on the current generation - for the reason that PC2 struggles on the current generation of consoles. It might make economic sense, but I don't think it is possible technically.

The new game has been under development for a long time - probably initially for PC - development of a new game often starts before the old one has been released.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a delay in release of the PS5 due to the Covid 19 outbreak. Maybe PC3/PCR will release on PC's first - afterall last time the release onto consoles was rushed / mishandled / without adequate quality control - however maybe that is where Code Masters come in - their skills with console releases.

I want the new game badly, but I don't think it will be arriving soon!

I would recommend that perhaps in practice mode that if you pause the game. That it brings up a menu to adjust FOV settings and some of the others in almost real time. Either that or in the settings have an option to go into kind of a demo mode that allows you to adjust the settings and see what they do at the same time. Meaning it would display a car on track as you adjust those settings. I want to keep all the settings, just want them more informative and easier to set and see results.

You can adjust Field of view in real time in project cars 2 ps4 now, if you have a keyboard...

It has to be...

Unless it is a port of Project Cars Go, I would say the next full-fledged version of PCars will only be nextgen/pc, not current gen.

If you recall there was a lot of talk about pCars2 coming to Switch, we know how that turned out.

If there’s anything I learned from the last two games and the hoopla leading up to them, it’s don’t put much faith in the tidbits. Too much gray area and too much speculation to warrant anything concrete.

Back